Spiffy Chaps Finally Launches

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By themoon13

It launched a few days ago. We're currently in a phase where we are just trying out different drawing styles. Oh right... I should mention what it is. Spiffy Chaps is a daily webcomic created by two of my friends and myself. There's no single style of humor as we like to keep things varied. Penis jokes can only get you so far. Take a look and give us some constructive criticsm. I know we can't please everyone but please try to keep your comments civil. This IS the internet after all ;)

Cheers.

P.S. Those waited for the GOTY list, sorry to dissapoint but I've fallen behind schedule and its irrelevant at this point.

Edit: Wow, I forgot to post the link :D www.spiffychaps.com
Shinryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Shinryu

Website address would be nice...

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Coltonio7

Link please =D

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By themoon13
Shinryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shinryu

Excellent layout, i'd love to know who your graphic designer is! (got a site in the works myself, although its more editorial than anything else). Content seems pretty funny too, I'll be keeping an eye on you guys :)

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Coltonio7

Thanks Mr. Popovic!

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By themoon13
Shinryu said:
"Excellent layout, i'd love to know who your graphic designer is! (got a site in the works myself, although its more editorial than anything else). Content seems pretty funny too, I'll be keeping an eye on you guys :)

"
David "The Beast" Yu (check the about us section for more info if you want) pretty much worked his magic on the site. It was a one man job.
Moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By Moon

the comics are well drawn they just aren't very funny.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By c1337us

The website looks great. Honestly todays comic didnt do much for me but I'll track how it goes and see what happens.

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By themoon13

@ moon & c1337us: Thanks for the comments. Do you have any idea what kind of humour you would like to see? Like I said, Spiffy Chaps can't please everyone but its good to know what the people like and want etc.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By c1337us

Umm. I couldnt say specifically what is was about it. And I am not saying I thought it was bad, it just didnt click I guess. This probably makes no sense but when I read it I was left with the feeling kind of like when someone recalls a funny situation or joke from when you werent there. You can see the humor but you missed the spotanaity of it so it just doesn't strike the same. Hope that helps.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gameboi

Congrats! The site looks pretty good. Like Moon said, I would recommend tweaking the comedy a bit. It's not bad, just not as funny as it could be. I did crack a bit of a smile after reading the most recent one.

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By themoon13

@c1337us: Thanks for the clarification, I know what you mean. 

@Gameboi: Any thoughts on how you would 'tweak the comedy'?
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Kazona

It's kind of a hit and miss for me. Like you said, it's not all the same humor so some of them make me snicker, some make me laugh and others make me go meh. I don't like the artwork though. That whole overly simple art style just isn't my thing. But I will keep reading it because there's plenty of good humor in it.