#1 Posted by 1oneWON (87 posts) -

I know I'm not the only football fan here, and I just so happen to be a Giants fan (could not believe we won this year. I had pretty much given up after that Vikings game. Giants fans know what I mean.)

Big news today though in the NFL, Jeremy Shockey was traded from the Giants to the Saints for a 2nd and 5th draft round pick in 2009. I was wondering what your feelings were to that, if you're interested anyway.

I think it's good for the the team because even though Shockey is a good player he hasn't been the same in years since he can't stay healthy and he's been whining about his role in the offense since Fassel left.

#2 Posted by Clean (2356 posts) -

Well Saints finally get a good tight end but I'm surprised Shockey would still be upset when he is with a Superbowl Team

#3 Posted by Monty_The_Great (178 posts) -

Yeah, it was a good pick-up for the Saints. The one I can't believe is that the Dolphins freakin gave away Jason Taylor for basically nothing.

#4 Posted by Bisskits (21 posts) -

Im a Giants fan...too much hype for Boss. I dunno how happy I am with this trade.

#5 Posted by Karmum (11509 posts) -

Good, they can have him. He was a good player, but Boss will be, too. Not saying Boss will be a Pro Bowl calibur Tight End, or will produce as much as Shockey or better, but he will do just fine.

#6 Posted by 1oneWON (87 posts) -
Monty_The_Great said:
"Yeah, it was a good pick-up for the Saints. The one I can't believe is that the Dolphins freakin gave away Jason Taylor for basically nothing.
"
Yeah I was pissed about what the Giants got for Shockey but then I heard about the Taylor deal. Is there something about Taylor I don't know about?
#7 Posted by error11 (79 posts) -

who cares?

#8 Posted by pbhawks45 (736 posts) -

Don't be a douche, sir.

Some people love sports (like myself).

I think it's great that he won't be beating up the Cowboys twice a year, especially Roy Williams, who's become a complete liability in coverage.

#9 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

I was expecting Shockey to be gone, so it's no surprise to me.

#10 Posted by Reynolds (78 posts) -

I'm a Giants fan, and I'm pretty much totally okay with this.  Although I didn't  know about it until just now, so thanks for informing me.

#11 Posted by JNYR (112 posts) -
Reynolds said:
"I'm a Giants fan, and I'm pretty much totally okay with this.  Although I didn't  know about it until just now, so thanks for informing me.
"
Same here, I'm a Giants fan too and I won't miss him that much at all.
#12 Edited by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
error11 said:
"who cares?"
The 20 other people who posted in this thread.