STAR TREK

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive

So this is the new Star Trek reboot/sequel/prequel (seriously, its all of those rolled into one) and all of these early reviews are pouring out because it was premiered in Australia yesterday. Actually it was premiered first in Austin, Texas for a crowd of trekkies who thought they were going to watch Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn, but the film broke suddenly like ten minutes in, and Leonard Nimoy himself came on stage and put on the new movie for them, so they were the first audience in the world to see it. that must have been pretty fucking awesome for all of those people that attended, all of which expected to only get to see a few clips adding up to about 10 minutes of the new movie. And all the reactions from the crowd were amazing, they were all blown away. 
You can find these reactions all over the internet right now. Some of the early reviews, from people who aren't even big fans, think it was amazing and is going to be a huge blockbuster in May. People are even saying its this years Dark Knight. Now thats pushing it because The Dark Knight is one of the highest grossing films of all times, but I don't think thats what they mean. They're talking about fan service and audience reaction. People walked out of the theater after seein TDK totally amazed, and then talked about it with everyone. So I can totally see that being the case since this is not only supposed to be a great movie but the fact that its Star Trek, a franchise with a hardcore fanbase and not much else.  
Sounds to me so far that it is satisfying the Trekkies and newcomers alike. And Paramount has already signed on for a sequel. 
I'm seeing this film opening night, May 8. 

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By JoelTGM

wtf

Never heard of this, looks ok.  Can't say much else except nice soundtrack.  I hope it's actually good and not just "hey look trekkies we brought it to life with CGI be amazed"

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By fr0br0

I NEVER trust early reviews for movies like these. They are usually seen by the fanboys who hyped the hell out of the movie pre-release and even if a turd was thrown at their face during the movie, they'd still call it the Jesus Christ of film.

But I am hoping that it will please all people, fans or not.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TwoOneFive
Fr0Br0 said:
"I NEVER trust early reviews for movies like these. They are usually seen by the fanboys who hyped the hell out of the movie pre-release and even if a turd was thrown at their face during the movie, they'd still call it the Jesus Christ of film.But I am hoping that it will please all people, fans or not."
im sorry but, all trek fanboys have been totally pissed off about this since it was announced. 
and here, this is a decent honest review:
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fr0br0
TwoOneFive said:
"Fr0Br0 said:
"I NEVER trust early reviews for movies like these. They are usually seen by the fanboys who hyped the hell out of the movie pre-release and even if a turd was thrown at their face during the movie, they'd still call it the Jesus Christ of film.But I am hoping that it will please all people, fans or not."
im sorry but, all trek fanboys have been totally pissed off about this since it was announced. 
"
I didn't mean the series fanboys. I meant fanboys of the movie. But seeing as how they sprung this out during a screening for the second Star Trek movie with people who wanted to see that, I continue to have hope for the movie.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By AgentJ

The guy they got for spock was a perfect choice...

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187

NO!

Star Trek can suck my ass until it swallows the hemmorhoids I haven't developed yet.

Star Wars 4 Life, mutherfuckers!!!

Seriously, though...I've never been a fan of Star Trek (except Wrath of Khan, because it's basically the shit).  J. J. Abrams has yet to do anything that has made me go "WOW SO FUCKING AWESOME".  I think the only thing he's done that I've even enjoyed in any way was Mission Impossible III...and it wasn't because of him.  Cloverfield sucked.  Lost is the most convulted idiocy ever.

I just see him ruining this.  Props on the casting, but no props for bad franchises.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TwoOneFive
Fr0Br0 said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"Fr0Br0 said:
"
I didn't mean the series fanboys. I meant fanboys of the movie. But seeing as how they sprung this out during a screening for the second Star Trek movie with people who wanted to see that, I continue to have hope for the movie."
wait, that makes no sense then. why would anyone be fanboys of the movie before they saw it? Why would they become fanboys of it even though a turd hit them in the face?! But yeah, they showed this movie to hardcore fans of the series, the ones who have been extremely critical of this from the start. And they all loved it, and the writers told everyone its okay to immediately go out and talk and write about it, good or bad. it just gets me excited. we're getting two decent sci-fi movies this summer. Terminator Salvation looks promising too, so this is going to be a great summer for sci-fi fanboys in general. 
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187
AgentJ said:
"The guy they got for spock was a perfect choice..."
Zachary Quinto, who plays Sylar on the TV series Heroes.  Even as Spock, I keep seeing Sylar.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#10  Edited By AgentJ
jakob187 said:
"AgentJ said:
"The guy they got for spock was a perfect choice..."
Zachary Quinto, who plays Sylar on the TV series Heroes.  Even as Spock, I keep seeing Sylar.
"
Yeah, thats where i first saw him too. But his nose is so distinguished, i dont have a problem differentiating. He looks like how Nimoy looked, or at least very close. (im not exactly a trekkie, maybe watched an episode or two, none of the movies)
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TwoOneFive
jakob187 said:
"NO!

Star Trek can suck my ass until it swallows the hemmorhoids I haven't developed yet.

Seriously, though...I've never been a fan of Star Trek (except Wrath of Khan, because it's basically the shit).  J. J. Abrams has yet to do anything that has made me go "WOW SO FUCKING AWESOME".  I think the only thing he's done that I've even enjoyed in any way was Mission Impossible III...and it wasn't because of him.  Cloverfield sucked.  Lost is the most convulted idiocy ever.

I just see him ruining this.  Props on the casting, but no props for bad franchises.
"
name one thing the director of Wrath of Kahn made that made you go "WOW SO FUCKING AWESOME" before you saw Wrath of Kahn,  please. 
Oh, and wait a minute, the only thing of his you liked was the only other movie he directed, MI:III....so what makes you think this will be bad because of it. And how did Abrams not have anything to do with you liking MI:III? Also, if you didn't like Cloverfield your crazy and Lost and Alias are two decent shows. 
REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By REDRUN
jakob187 said:
"NO!

"
Phazer on kill..... pew pew pew
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By teh_destroyer

Never been a huge Star Trek fan,but this movie looks so damn good!I will be there opening night.

singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By singular

Those guys that act as Spock, Kirk and Bones McCoy seem to be well castet. I recognized immediatly who they were supposed to be. Looking forward to this movie.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By REDRUN

i am excited to see the franchise rebooted. just glad its JJ Abrams who took the helm on this project. imagine what Micheal Bay would of done if he was responsible for making this film.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Looks cool. I'm really looking forward to this.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By penguindust

It does look interesting, but I am cautious of the reception it received from the Austin, Texas crowd.  If you are willing to go to a theatrical screening of Wrath of Khan in this day and age, then you're already a Star Trek fan of a higher caliber than most.  So, being near Leonard Nimoy, getting a chance to see a surprise advanced screening, and being among a group of like-minded Trekkers may have influenced how they feel about the film.  Maybe it's good, maybe it's just okay.  I'll leave those judgments for later.  I just hope it doesn't turn out to be another Watchmen, which received critical praise from the internet nerd crowd, but less so from the masses not familiar with the source material.  Admittedly, Trek has a much stronger footprint on pop culture, but still I have my reservations on the film at this point.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By RichardLOlson
This movie looks really good...I'll have to see it.  I wonder if they have arora in it, cause I didn't see her in the trailer.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
RichardLOlson said:
"This movie looks really good...I'll have to see it.  I wonder if they have arora in it, cause I didn't see her in the trailer.
"
Arora?
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By penguindust
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

I'll probably be the only girl waiting in line to see this Movie May 8.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By angelkanarias

This movie is gonna be awesome

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TwoOneFive
RichardLOlson said:
"This movie looks really good...I'll have to see it.  I wonder if they have arora in it, cause I didn't see her in the trailer.
"
not sure but the kelvin is in the opening scene

REDRUN said:
"i am excited to see the franchise rebooted. just glad its JJ Abrams who took the helm on this project. imagine what Micheal Bay would of done if he was responsible for making this film."
Uh, lots and lots of rotating cameras, non stop explosions, overacting, lackluster unoriginal story, and aerosmith. no thanks. he's the most overrated director this generation.  
darthzew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By darthzew

JJ Abrams you are the man. You have yet to fail in my books. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TwoOneFive
ValkyrieGoddess said:
"I'll probably be the only girl waiting in line to see this Movie May 8."
lol no you won't be, thats for sure. a lot of girls are seeing this, Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto are two main reasons. 
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Linkyshinks

I'm a fan, but not a hardcore one. 

Sylar as Spock is great casting, his eyebrows are halfway there already.