#1 Edited by BigJeffrey (5170 posts) -

STAR WARS: EPISODE VII TO OPEN DECEMBER 18, 2015

Star Wars: Episode VII will be directed by J.J. Abrams (Super 8, Mission: Impossible III, Star Trek) and is being scripted by Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan (Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi). John Williams is returning to score Star Wars: Episode VII.

Kotatsu

* I dont know, i'll probably end up seeing it. But i am prepared for Lens Flare up the A. Just 771 days left.

It will be crazy to see if all the OG cast returns (I think ford has not said anything, is the Lando Dude still alive?).

Very glad that John Williams is back Star Wars still has some of the best music in cinema.

#JarJar

Also

#2 Posted by LiquidPrince (16155 posts) -

It still blows my mind that Abrams is doing this AND Star Trek. Still I love the dude, so more power to him. Can't wait to see it.

#3 Edited by TheHT (11767 posts) -

Yeah, I get that it's a joke and all... but I seriously hope he doesn't lens flare up Star Wars.

#4 Edited by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Still crossing my fingers that they don't fuck up the EU. Good to have a date, though.

#5 Edited by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

@theht said:

Yeah, I get that it's a joke and all... but I seriously hope he doesn't lens flare up Star Wars.

He's talked about how he's overdone it, especially in the Star Trek movies, so hopefully he's learned his lesson. I'm sure it will still be in there but maybe toned down.

Also I wonder if he'll stick with the traditional Star Wars scene transitions.

#6 Posted by Aegon (5820 posts) -

Are the writers working on it better than the ones who did Star Trek 2? It would be a bummer if they aren't.

#7 Posted by Brodehouse (10125 posts) -

Time to play Duel of the Fates on endless repeat until I kill myself!

#8 Posted by Fredchuckdave (6094 posts) -

Who's playing Boba Fett?

#9 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

This IS a bigjeffrey thread.

#10 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3776 posts) -

So many action figures are gonna be sold.. And then plush.

#11 Posted by VoshiNova (1749 posts) -

I'm gonna troll the jukebox tonight with duel of the fates tonight in honor of this thread.

#hopeidontgettheshitkickedoutofme

#12 Edited by Ezekiel (543 posts) -

I hope it's less action-packed and has better characters than his Star Trek movies.

#13 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2603 posts) -

Forget the action figures man those cheesy plastic Lightsabers are where it's at.

#14 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (3776 posts) -
@blu3v3nom07 said:

Forget the action figures man those cheesy plastic Lightsabers are where it's at.

We'll probably get a new shitty Darth Maul knockoff costume this time, at least.

#15 Edited by BigJeffrey (5170 posts) -

Time to play Duel of the Fates on endless repeat until I kill myself!

Thanks, i ended up listening to the Cantina band for like half a hour.

#16 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -
#17 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (1182 posts) -
#18 Posted by Gangsterlax (113 posts) -

Would fans freak out if the young male lead wasn't Caucasian?

#19 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

Girl role: All races allowed! Be who you are! We accept you!

Guy role: ...

#20 Edited by Gangsterlax (113 posts) -

@funkydupe: Even youtube is adamant of just the thought

#21 Posted by Krullban (1062 posts) -

I can confirm the lando dude is alive. I will meet him this weekend at an event.

#22 Posted by mao16 (107 posts) -

Everything looks fine so far. The "lead role" could mean anything. We still know almost nothing about it and that's a good thing. I'm just glad John Williams is still able to compose new music for star wars. It just wouldn't be the same without him.

#23 Edited by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

Is someone able to go to one of the auditions just for giggles?

You need to be "Over 18 years old, handsome, smart and athletic". That's like a description of 90% of us frequenting the Giant Bomb forums.

#24 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3823 posts) -

@aegon said:

Are the writers working on it better than the ones who did Star Trek 2? It would be a bummer if they aren't.

The guy who wrote Empire Strikes Back and JJ Abrams.

#25 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3239 posts) -

It still blows my mind that Abrams is doing this AND Star Trek. Still I love the dude, so more power to him. Can't wait to see it.

It blows my mind too, for sure. I'm pretty optimistic about it too because he did such a fantastic job with Star Trek.

#26 Posted by Buneroid (428 posts) -

@liquidprince said:

It blows my mind too, for sure. I'm pretty optimistic about it too because he did such a fantastic job with Star Trek.

Dude has a monopoly now, he can't be trusted!

Was the second Star Trek he directed not very good? I've only seen the first and it was alright for someone who's not that into Star Trek.

#27 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3528 posts) -

They dropped the Toy Story 3 writer I see.

Star Trek into D was pretty lame, hopefully Star Wars isn't, but whatever at this point.

#28 Edited by Aegon (5820 posts) -

A guy named Thomas as the lead in a Star Wars movie? Is that just a filler name?

Although, that thing isn't guaranteed to be for Star Wars. There are tons of Disney movies.

#29 Posted by Hayt (339 posts) -

@_zombie_ said:

Still crossing my fingers that they don't fuck up the EU. Good to have a date, though.

I love the EU stuff but remember for every Thrawn there are 3 totally terrible characters. I hope if he does use the EU he takes things the best it offers like the Vong, Thrawn and Rogue Squadrons and leaves out some of the other stuff. I think it'd be the best for him and for the movie if he just wrote something that exists on it's own and doesn't clash other stuff.

I wouldn't cross my fingers though. This is the guy that blew up Vulcan. That being said I loved what he did with the Star Trek with the parrallel universe caveat, I'm sure he'd do something considering how much more popular Star Wars is than Star Trek.

#30 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3981 posts) -

It's cool to have fresh optimism.

#31 Posted by probablytuna (3822 posts) -

I'll probably see it........ Provided the cast is good.

#32 Posted by crithon (3441 posts) -

Somehow, I kinda feel more insecure about this then I did for the prequels. Even if it's going to be better, just the lack directors and writers and harrison ford holding production hostage for Indiana Jones part 5... Please show me Jawa or a R2 unit, at least then I can say "Okay this is for kids, and it's dumb fun"

#33 Edited by NTM (7540 posts) -

I don't really care for Star Wars movies, but I'll probably see it when it comes to theaters. Plus, while I don't think Abrams is a perfect fit for Star Trek, he's a good fit for Star Wars.

#34 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -
@_zombie_ said:

They have to and already said they would ignore it. How can they make more Star Wars without conflicting with something from the EU, when people have even written stories about the frikken bar staff at the cantina. The EU is just too large and mostly complete garbage.

#35 Posted by Hayt (339 posts) -

@_zombie_ said:

They have to and already said they would ignore it. How can they make more Star Wars without conflicting with something from the EU, when people have even written stories about the frikken bar staff at the cantina. The EU is just too large and mostly complete garbage.

Hey Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina is wicked. Although I agree the EU has a lot of stuff better left buried.