Must I really say anymore.....

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By iamjohn

My stepdad has a really good argument: Star Trek is hard sci-fi whereas Star Wars is a fantasy flick with a space veneer.  And as someone who actually likes sci-fi and wants to watch sci-fi, Star Trek is awesome whereas Star Wars sucks.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By fr0br0

Old Star Wars was better than old Star Trek. New Star Trek is better than new Star Wars.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By RedSox8933

This is a petty discussion. We all know that Star Trek is superior.

MadBootsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By MadBootsy
Fr0Br0 said:
"Old Star Wars was better than old Star Trek. New Star Trek is better than new Star Wars."
Pretty much.
delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By delta_ass

Star Trek 2 The Wrath of Khan is my second favorite film of all time.

When I was a little kid, the first three films I ever watched on VHS were Star Wars, An American Tail, and The Land Before Time. I enjoyed two of those, the third one was terrible.

insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8  Edited By insanejedi

This would be the most explosive topic of the century.... if this was the 70s. Old Wars>Old Trek. New Wars<New Trek. Old Trek>New Wars

Avatar image for deactivated-6308c1821738f
deactivated-6308c1821738f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Ive actually never seen any star wars movies or any star trek shows or movies.  But star wars looks more interesting

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By mordukai

Battlestar Galactica! I'll follow Admiral Adama to hell and back.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By maxszy

Not a good argument. They're both good for their own things! Though new trek and old trek > new star wars. That's for sure.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By jNerd
bolsita_de_te said:
"Ive actually never seen any star wars movies or any star trek shows or movies.  But star wars looks more interesting"
Do you live under a rock?

iAmJohn said:
"My stepdad has a really good argument: Star Trek is hard sci-fi whereas Star Wars is a fantasy flick with a space veneer.  And as someone who actually likes sci-fi and wants to watch sci-fi, Star Trek is awesome whereas Star Wars sucks."
I like your rationale & I agree. Star Wars is a space opera and isn't sci-fi in anyway.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iamjohn
jNerd said:
"I like your rationale & I agree. Star Wars is a space opera and isn't sci-fi in anyway. "
That's a good way of putting it.
Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jnal

I picked Star Trek because like iAmJohn said Star Trek is hard sci-fi and Star Wars is a Fantasy in a space setting. Don't get me wrong both are great, but my personal choice is Star Trek, just because I love the deep sci-fi element to it.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Black_Rose

They both suck equally

Avatar image for deactivated-6308c1821738f
deactivated-6308c1821738f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

jNerd said:
"bolsita_de_te said:
"Ive actually never seen any star wars movies or any star trek shows or movies.  But star wars looks more interesting"
Do you live under a rock?
No lol....I'm just not sci-fi kind of guy.  I won star wars episode 3 on dvd and havent even opened it yet haha
Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Giantsquirrel

Gotta second that Battlestar Galactica insert. Great fucking show.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By alexl86

Star Wars, always. But I tend to prefer fantasy to sci-fi. However, I've never seen a single episode of the original series of Star Trek as it just hasn't aired where I live, at least as far as I know. Have watched TNG and enjoy it, so I kinda like both.

Wouldn't mind seeing new SW movies if they let someone else direct it... and write the script. I wouldn't mind seeing something like KOTOR in movie form, something that takes the idea into a different setting, with other characters.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By c1337us

I dont like to choose. Alright you pushed me too it Star Wars. Though there are many parts of Trek I would rather watch then the worst of Wars.

Avatar image for deactivated-596b8044e5f9a
deactivated-596b8044e5f9a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some surprising results, I thought most people would have gone for Star Wars! Episodes 1 & 2 kind of suck though, and I think George Lucas has whored out his franchise to a ludicrous degree in recent years. On the other hand, Star Trek has a much higher crap-to-quality ratio - Enterprise and Voyager were for the most part utterly abysmal! It's a tough call really. I like both.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tekmojo

Something about Star Wars won't turn me away. But Star Trek is still trying to reel me in, and a lot of other people it seems.

Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Arjuna

This comparison is always made, but they are so not comparable!  They aren't even the same genre!  Star Wars is of the Fantasy genre, while Star Trek is Science Fiction.  They shouldn't be compared.

Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Muttinus_Rump

How is it so bad to compare them? Just say which you would rather watch.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CL60
Fr0Br0 said:
"Old Star Wars was better than old Star Trek. New Star Trek is better than new Star Wars."
This.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#26  Edited By JJWeatherman
CL60 said:
"Fr0Br0 said:
This."
Yeah I guess I agree with that too. But the old Star Wars are all anyone needs anyways.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It's close, but I've gotta go for Star Trek.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By mike

Are you guys forgetting that most of the Star Trek movies were downright awful? Except for Khan, that is.

No Caption Provided

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
MB said:
"Are you guys forgetting that most of the Star Trek movies were downright awful? Except for Khan, that is."
But the TV series's easily make up for the poor movies.
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By c1337us

^ I dont know if all the series fit that bill.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mike

I was a Next Generation fan, didn't care for any of the others, though. As a lifelong Star Wars geek, I am pretty excited about the upcoming live action TV series. I think it's supposed to start next year.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By adam_grif

HAHAhAhAHA

SOMEBODY SAID STAR TREK WAS HARD SCI FI

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Star Trek is to hard sci-fi what intelligent design is to science.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ninjakiller

I used to be a Star Wars fan, but since the prequels and now the cartoon, I'm convinced that Lucas had fluke luck with the first three, and Star trek actually provides more viewing enjoyment.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ninjakiller
MB said:
"Are you guys forgetting that most of the Star Trek movies were downright awful? Except for Khan, that is.

No Caption Provided
"
Even the most awful Trek films were better than all 3 of the prequels.  Nemesis was fucking awful, but easily beats Attack of the Clones in terms of entertainment value.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mike

Can't disagree with you there. I have practically blocked the Star Wars prequel films from memory.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By adam_grif

I wish reversing the polarity of the sub-space field emitters could solve all my problems in real life, too.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By penguindust

Old Star Wars > Star Trek
Old Trek, Next Gen Trek, DS9 Trek > New Star Wars
2D Clone Wars, SW3 Sith > Voyage Trek, Enter Trek
SW1, SW2, 3D Clone Wars sucks and is beaten even by 1970s Trek cartoon

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By zityz

I personally can't stand star trek. I love star wars universe as a whole.

Few things I always found funny about star trek.
1. They have endless technology where they can fuel for travel for a damn ass long time. can make food out of nothing from a machine, and have a holodeck that lets them be anywhere. Yet the second they take 1 hit from some bunk ass junker in space, its RED ALERT and one more hit could kill them. The best part is? THEY NEVER LEARN FROM IT.

2. Out of all the people on the ship, they put the fucking BLIND guy in charge of your ships engines... Well I mean he does have a womens hair peice over his eyes.. that should help right?

3.The holodeck is always trying to kill them. YET THEY KEEP GOING IN IT?

4. Vulcans=Space elves and the concept of Klingons ( aka burnt mash potato faces) is goofy. If you don't think so ask cristopher llyod. He'll give ya the whats up.

5. The flight navagators are always non human or can't speak a proper lick of english. You'd think you want to actually trust where your heading. Oh well your in space who who cares.

6. They're always about peace but every other fucking race in the galaxy wants to kill us. Conclusion? Humans are the pussies of the Universe.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By adam_grif

The transporters can restructure matter practically at will, yet the medical officers never once think to use them to cure injuries, regrow people's limbs...

Despite taking huge red-shirt losses, they never get the bright idea to make contact with unmanned ground vehicles. Hell, they have Data in TNG, yet they don't think to use telepresense to allow people to stay on the ship while controlling a robot replica of them on the planet using a sort of virtual reality rig. I guess they just don't value human lives.

There are Klingon - Human and Vulcan - Human hybrids. This makes Vulcans, Humans and Klingons all the same species by definition. Apparently, there are no biochemical barriers preventing these hybrids, EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE NO COMMON ANCESTRY.

They can go faster than light. LOL. That's unrealistic enough as it is.

They don't think to just replicate some assault rifles and wipe out the entire borg collective.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jNerd
adam_grif said:
"The transporters can restructure matter practically at will, yet the medical officers never once think to use them to cure injuries, regrow people's limbs...Despite taking huge red-shirt losses, they never get the bright idea to make contact with unmanned ground vehicles. Hell, they have Data in TNG, yet they don't think to use telepresense to allow people to stay on the ship while controlling a robot replica of them on the planet using a sort of virtual reality rig. I guess they just don't value human lives.There are Klingon - Human and Vulcan - Human hybrids. This makes Vulcans, Humans and Klingons all the same species by definition. Apparently, there are no biochemical barriers preventing these hybrids, EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE NO COMMON ANCESTRY. They can go faster than light. LOL. That's unrealistic enough as it is. They don't think to just replicate some assault rifles and wipe out the entire borg collective. "
Hey... slow your role gebroni. The humans, klingons, & vulcans do have common ancestry. I'm pretty sure they revealed it in an episode of The Next Generation. I don't remember a lot of the specifics, but they where all fighting each other to find this mystical piece of technology and they didn't know what it did. When they finally found it and activated it - it ended up activating a hologram & this dude of a combined species from millions of years earlier had left it to contact them. Grrr..... I wish I could remember more bro. I really want to rewatch this episode now.
Avatar image for computerplayer1
Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#41  Edited By Computerplayer1
adam_grif said:
"I wish reversing the polarity of the sub-space field emitters could solve all my problems in real life, too. "
You sir, are my hero.
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jNerd
Computerplayer1 said:
"adam_grif said:
"I wish reversing the polarity of the sub-space field emitters could solve all my problems in real life, too. "
You sir, are my hero."
LMAO!!!!
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TwoOneFive

old star wars fine. but i'm tired of acting like a huge fan of the series, i wasn't born yet when those movies came out, and the ones that were out when i was alive totally sucked. however, the new star trek movie is amazing so i'm gonna go with that. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TwoOneFive

one is fantasy, one is science fiction. i guess it really depends on which genre you prefer. 

bulletbeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By bulletbeast

100% agree with that comment. I liked most star treck, just could stand the early ones with Kirk

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#46  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Middle Earth Mutherfuckers!

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By teh_destroyer
Fr0Br0 said:
thats a good way to put it :P
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By maxszy
floorswine said:
"Some surprising results, I thought most people would have gone for Star Wars! Episodes 1 & 2 kind of suck though, and I think George Lucas has whored out his franchise to a ludicrous degree in recent years. On the other hand, Star Trek has a much higher crap-to-quality ratio - Enterprise and Voyager were for the most part utterly abysmal! It's a tough call really. I like both."
Yeah he really has and his writing has gone to shit. While the writing in the original series was great per say, it was so much better than anything he has done recently. His attempts at "romantic" scenes are one of the things for me at least that so ruined what he tried to do recently. Those scenes just make cringe and I can barely even watch them they are so embarrassing.
Smedles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Smedles

Being a Star Wars fan almost all of my life I'll have to vote for it.  I've never seen any Trek except for the new movie which I really enjoyed.  It makes me want to go back and learn more about the franchise.  And am I the only one who liked the prequel movies?  They weren't as good as the original trilogy but I still enjoyed them.

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Gmanall
Smedles said:
"Being a Star Wars fan almost all of my life I'll have to vote for it.  I've never seen any Trek except for the new movie which I really enjoyed.  It makes me want to go back and learn more about the franchise.  And am I the only one who liked the prequel movies?  They weren't as good as the original trilogy but I still enjoyed them."
I thought that the first one needed a little better acting but other then that I loved them.