• 51 results
supaman900s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By supaman900s

Been interested in watching this after watching the endurance run of Deadly Premonition but could never find it at the right price until recently...

Update: So I finished the first season last night, was surprised that it was only 7 episodes + the pilot, but I guess that was not uncommon at the time... The way they ended the season finale was a good way to make sure people would at least go on to watch  the beginning of the second season to see who did what to you know who... 

I already have the second season on dvd (found it for $10 at Big Lots), so I will probably start it today at some point...  Looking forward to hopefully having some of the questions from the first season be answered, but I have a feeling that the second season is only going to add more questions than it will answer, a la most modern mystery TV series...

supaman900s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By supaman900s

Been interested in watching this after watching the endurance run of Deadly Premonition but could never find it at the right price until recently...

Update: So I finished the first season last night, was surprised that it was only 7 episodes + the pilot, but I guess that was not uncommon at the time... The way they ended the season finale was a good way to make sure people would at least go on to watch  the beginning of the second season to see who did what to you know who... 

I already have the second season on dvd (found it for $10 at Big Lots), so I will probably start it today at some point...  Looking forward to hopefully having some of the questions from the first season be answered, but I have a feeling that the second season is only going to add more questions than it will answer, a la most modern mystery TV series...

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Green_Incarnate

Wait, it's legit free if you watch it on their website. 

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By ReyGitano

For a second there I read this as starting Deadly Premonition. 
I haven't actually heard much from people who have seen this after seeing the DP ER, so tell us how it goes once you get further in!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude
supaman900s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By supaman900s
@Green_Incarnate said:
" Wait, it's legit free if you watch it on their website.  "
Yeah I actually started watching it on youtube but im not a huge fan of trying to watch a whole series on my 6 year old laptop...
Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Green_Incarnate
@Claude: BUT I HAVE TO KNOW HOW IT ENDS!
Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Kyreo
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Claude
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By crusader8463

The DP ER got me watching it too and I really enjoyed it. The first season anyway. I stopped watching it a few episodes into season two, and I just never went back to it again.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By foggel

I just finished first season. Seen the first two episodes of second season. I think I have a mancrush on agent Cooper.

No Caption Provided
CitizenSlug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By CitizenSlug

Back during the endurance run I decided to pick up DP and play along. As I was playing I kept hearing about Twin Peaks, so I looked it up on YouTube and at first I thought it looked rather dumb. But I went ahead and added both seasons to my Netflix and I figured that whenever it came up to ship to me, then I would give it a try. Eventually this past December I received the fist disc in the mail and after watching the pilot episode I was pretty much hooked. Through all the Netflixing I eventually finished both seasons, which is kinda crazy since I don't get into TV shows that much. I have to say that I really like Twin Peaks....no, I LOVE Twin Peaks. It truly is a great TV show, at least the way I experienced it. I will also agree with the others that the first season is better, but to be honest I liked the second season a lot to.

If you are fine with older TV shows, I think you will really like this.  
Also, for those who have finished it, you should watch this. It's pretty awesome, not gonna lie.

edit:
Oh, and yeah I have yet to watch "Fire Walk with me". I still have the last disc from Twin Peaks from Netflix setting by my TV. I need to get on it and return it.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By csl316
@Claude said:
" No one talks about Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me. "
I do, that movie's bad ass.

And the second season has a couple of lulls, but overall there are a couple strong arcs.  I really dug the end, but could understand why some people didn't.
supaman900s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By supaman900s

Lol well I am done watching the pilot, although I was not 100% focused on it while watching it so I am not sure if I might have missed some subtle things... But the comparisons to Deadly Premonition are fairly accurate so far... Investigating the murder of a young girl... main character talks into tape recorder... wimpy sheriff's deputy... but i'm sure you get the point... Anyway, are all the episodes as long as that one?

CitizenSlug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CitizenSlug

Usual run time is 45min.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@csl316 said:

" @Claude said:

I do, that movie's bad ass.  And the second season has a couple of lulls, but overall there are a couple strong arcs.  I really dug the end, but could understand why some people didn't. "
Bad movie is bad. By it self, it's alright. When put into the canon of Twin Peaks, it destroys itself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supaman900s said:
" Lol well I am done watching the pilot, although I was not 100% focused on it while watching it so I am not sure if I might have missed some subtle things... But the comparisons to Deadly Premonition are fairly accurate so far... Investigating the murder of a young girl... main character talks into tape recorder... wimpy sheriff's deputy... but i'm sure you get the point... Anyway, are all the episodes as long as that one? "
As long? It's your average hour long tv show with commercials 40-45 mins without. You must not watch much tv. Also just netflix or buy it, watching it on youbtube? That's crap.
IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By IBurningStar
@EveretteScott said:
" @supaman900s said:
" Lol well I am done watching the pilot, although I was not 100% focused on it while watching it so I am not sure if I might have missed some subtle things... But the comparisons to Deadly Premonition are fairly accurate so far... Investigating the murder of a young girl... main character talks into tape recorder... wimpy sheriff's deputy... but i'm sure you get the point... Anyway, are all the episodes as long as that one? "
As long? It's your average hour long tv show with commercials 40-45 mins without. You must not watch much tv. Also just netflix or buy it, watching it on youbtube? That's crap. "
The pilot was actually twice the length of a normal episode. It originally aired as a two hour block.
supaman900s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By supaman900s
@EveretteScott said:
" @supaman900s said:
As long? It's your average hour long tv show with commercials 40-45 mins without. You must not watch much tv. Also just netflix or buy it, watching it on youbtube? That's crap. "
I have the complete first (and second) season on dvd. Said in a previous post that I was not a fan of watching it online, and the pilot episode runs a full 90 minutes without any commercials... So it wasn't just the standard 40-45 minute average...
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By GreggD
@foggel said:
" I just finished first season. Seen the first two episodes of second season. I think I have a mancrush on agent Cooper.

No Caption Provided
"
You kinda look like him, actually. IF THAT IS YOUR REAL FACE. Like that movie Face-Off.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supaman900s said:

" @EveretteScott said:

" @supaman900s said:
I have the complete first (and second) season on dvd. Said in a previous post that I was not a fan of watching it online, and the pilot episode runs a full 90 minutes without any commercials... So it wasn't just the standard 40-45 minute average... "
All lies I tell you!
And I oddly enough haven't seen the pilot.  Have seen most of the episodes from reruns but not the pilot. The seasons are on my netflix though, just way the bottom. I should probably move it up a bit, don't want another one of these fiascoes!
csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By csl316
@EveretteScott said:
" @csl316 said:

" @Claude said:

I do, that movie's bad ass.  And the second season has a couple of lulls, but overall there are a couple strong arcs.  I really dug the end, but could understand why some people didn't. "
Bad movie is bad. By it self, it's alright. When put into the canon of Twin Peaks, it destroys itself. "
How so?  Spoiler tag it.
GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GalacticPunt

Great series.  The pilot and the first season are some of the best network television that has ever happened.  The first half of season two is damn good too.  

After Laura Palmer's killer is arrested, both creators (David Lynch and Mark Frost) abandoned the show to hack-y TV producers.  The second half of season two is pretty embarrassing, with super-cheesy sub-plots and a new villain who seemed like he fell out of the 60's Batman show.  But David Lynch came back for the season finale, threw the script in the trash, and improvised one of the craziest, most experimental final episodes in history.  I think it's amazing, but it's kind of a bummer the fiction is left with an unresolved cliffhanger.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By the_hiro_abides
@csl316:  The movie is a prequel to the show. So it won't make any sense without context of the show and it kinda cheapens the story that happens afterwards. 

And shit guys! I have to finish writing Fire Walk With Me plot summary.
chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By chrissedoff

the best show in history

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By csl316
@foggel said:
" I just finished first season. Seen the first two episodes of second season. I think I have a mancrush on agent Cooper. "
Yeah, that's actually pretty common.
afropig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By afropig
haha i recently started it too

very interesting, and agent cooper keeps me coming back, he's hilarious sometimes in a quirky way
supaman900s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By supaman900s
@the_hiro_abides said:
" @csl316:  The movie is a prequel to the show. So it won't make any sense without context of the show and it kinda cheapens the story that happens afterwards. 

And shit guys! I have to finish writing Fire Walk With Me plot summary. "
Does anyone know if Fire Walk with Me is available on Netflix instant streaming?
Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic
@supaman900s:
It's not. Was up for awhile, I think (I'm pretty sure I saw it on there), but it seems they've taken it down. You can get it for 7 bucks over on Amazon. Some people really don't like it, but I think it's Lynch's most underrated work.

Just don't expect too many resolutions.
supaman900s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By supaman900s
@CrossTheAtlantic said:
" @supaman900s:
It's not. Was up for awhile, I think (I'm pretty sure I saw it on there), but it seems they've taken it down. You can get it for 7 bucks over on Amazon. Some people really don't like it, but I think it's Lynch's most underrated work.  Just don't expect too many resolutions. "
Yeah I kind of went into the series knowing that it was not going to be neatly tied up upon finishing the second season, or Fire Walk With Me for that matter... But I actually like movies and shows that leave things sort of ambiguous vs. completely explaining every mysterious detail about the show.
supaman900s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By supaman900s

I have another question, and if the answer will be spoiler heavy, please use a spoiler tag and I will read it after I have finished the series, but how come the shows genre and even type is always listed as "supernatural" ??? I have yet to come across anything in the show to really warrant that classification, aside from one episode where they are all sitting in the dinner and the sheriff mentions that there is a "darkness" in the woods or something like that... 

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By the_hiro_abides
@supaman900s:  It becomes very clear why it's "supernatural" the further you go. Eventually you feel like the show is wading through it.
nemt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nemt

You picked an excellent series to get into.

You will now get the TP references made in no fewer than three videogames and four other TV shows.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By weegieanawrench

FUCK YEAH you are! I'm near the end of the second season, and despite it not being as awesome as the first season, it's still a lot of fun to watch the characters interact with eachother and all the craziness that happens to Agent Cooper. If I were in a fight, I'd have that dude watching my back.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#34  Edited By armaan8014
@Errordotocx said:
"
If you are fine with older TV shows, I think you will really like this.  
Also, for those who have finished it, you should watch this. It's pretty awesome, not gonna lie.  edit: Oh, and yeah I have yet to watch "Fire Walk with me". I still have the last disc from Twin Peaks from Netflix setting by my TV. I need to get on it and return it. "
Link not working!!
guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By guiseppe

One of, if not the best TV show ever created. I like my coffee black.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#37  Edited By JasonR86
@supaman900s:

Don't get you're hopes up to high with the second season...

You could probably just get by with watching episode 8, 14, whenever the Palmer story ends (15, 16, 17 something like that) and the last episode.  The second season is mostly a gigantic bummer.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Funny I just started watching this show last week on netflix but I always heard of it I might of saw some of it when I was a kid this show is great I really like the humor and the just plain weirdness of the show.

CitizenSlug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CitizenSlug
supaman900s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By supaman900s
@nemt said:
"

You picked an excellent series to get into.

You will now get the TP references made in no fewer than three videogames and four other TV shows.

"
Which ones are those?
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JasonR86
@Claude:

I really liked Fire Walk With Me but I can understand why some of the fans didn't.  It has a much different feeling and atmosphere than the show did.  To the OP, after you watch the second season you should watch Fire Walk With Me and put your impressions on here.
supaman900s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By supaman900s
@JasonR86 said:
" @supaman900s: Don't get you're hopes up to high with the second season...You could probably just get by with watching episode 8, 14, whenever the Palmer story ends (15, 16, 17 something like that) and the last episode.  The second season is mostly a gigantic bummer. "
Yeah i'm about 4 episodes into the 2nd season and can already feel the desire to keep watching tailing off...
ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ShaggE

If you want more after finishing Twin Peaks, there's a Danish show called "Riget" that's HEAVILY inspired by TP. Good stuff. 

They tried to remake it as "Kingdom Hospital" here in the US, but... yeah... it's not even close.
csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By csl316
@JasonR86 said:
" @Claude: I really liked Fire Walk With Me but I can understand why some of the fans didn't.  It has a much different feeling and atmosphere than the show did.  To the OP, after you watch the second season you should watch Fire Walk With Me and put your impressions on here. "
Exactly, the difference in tone is what made it so appealing to me.  Laura had a dark side, and the point of the movie is to show that.
armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#45  Edited By armaan8014
@Errordotocx said:
" @armaan8014:  Hmm, no idea why that didn't work. I thought I checked my link. =/ Lets try this.

http://youtu.be/DxHnOAv1_4A
"
Oh yeah ive seen that one :)
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@EveretteScott said:
" @supaman900s said:

" @EveretteScott said:

" @supaman900s said:
I have the complete first (and second) season on dvd. Said in a previous post that I was not a fan of watching it online, and the pilot episode runs a full 90 minutes without any commercials... So it wasn't just the standard 40-45 minute average... "
All lies I tell you! And I oddly enough haven't seen the pilot.  Have seen most of the episodes from reruns but not the pilot. The seasons are on my netflix though, just way the bottom. I should probably move it up a bit, don't want another one of these fiascoes! "
Huh?  But you're talking about the movie breaking canon and all. How can you call yourself a fan if you haven't seen the pilot??  The pilot is more 'authentic' than anything else and the movie is like another pilot.
Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supaman900s: Enjoy. The first season is really great. 

The second season takes a big hit in terms of quality. Well, it starts off well, but about half-way through it resolves the main mystery and descends into afternoon-soap melodrama.

I still haven't seen the final episode.
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By JasonR86
@GetEveryone:

The final episode is great because it gets so damn weird.  I wish the whole second season were like it.  It was directed by David Lynch so you can feel safe watching it.
veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By veektarius

I really liked the central plot of Twin Peaks (that lasted through the beginning of Season 2) but all the exterior stuff was too much like a soap opera, even while it was self-aware about the similarity.