Status update

Mexalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Edited By Mexalen

Having met a pretty awesome girl about 2 weeks ago, I find myself spending all my free time with her lately. Drained from my gaming time, all the games I played lately have to wait, if I can free myself from her spell ..sorry Halo, Left 4 Dead and Heroes of might & Magic 5 ;)

I did manage to start my X360 yesterday and buy the Fable 2 Expansion, but as the download took its time, I just played some Puzzle Quest instead. I guess it will take a couple days, till I am able to give it a try. Unfortunatly I am having some stressfull weeks at work coming up to.

Today I started World of Goo once more in my ongoing quest to raise a tower that will stand for eternity. After a colapse at about 80ft, I decided to experiment a bit and limited myself to towers of  30ft  max. Behold the glory of the 5 towers I managed to build out of 300 goo-drops. You can clearly see, that the one in the middle was the first one, and how the degenerate in style and complexity the later they were built (buildorder from left to right: 2, 3, 1, 4, 5)

World of Goo towers
World of Goo towers

Happy gaming everyone (for those that find the time for it) 
:)
Mexalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Mexalen

Having met a pretty awesome girl about 2 weeks ago, I find myself spending all my free time with her lately. Drained from my gaming time, all the games I played lately have to wait, if I can free myself from her spell ..sorry Halo, Left 4 Dead and Heroes of might & Magic 5 ;)

I did manage to start my X360 yesterday and buy the Fable 2 Expansion, but as the download took its time, I just played some Puzzle Quest instead. I guess it will take a couple days, till I am able to give it a try. Unfortunatly I am having some stressfull weeks at work coming up to.

Today I started World of Goo once more in my ongoing quest to raise a tower that will stand for eternity. After a colapse at about 80ft, I decided to experiment a bit and limited myself to towers of  30ft  max. Behold the glory of the 5 towers I managed to build out of 300 goo-drops. You can clearly see, that the one in the middle was the first one, and how the degenerate in style and complexity the later they were built (buildorder from left to right: 2, 3, 1, 4, 5)

World of Goo towers
World of Goo towers

Happy gaming everyone (for those that find the time for it) 
:)
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RetroIce4

What is world of goo about? Do you just make objects out of dots? It looked real interesting and my friend was talking about how good it was but, he said he couldn't explain how it worked.

Mexalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mexalen

basically you have to build a connection from the starting point to a pipe, by building structures out of goo-drops. There are a lot of videos, that show off how that works out. It's easy to learn, but takes some time to master :)

There are a great variety of goo, which keep it interesting, but most importantly there is a wicked story and way of storytelling involved, that elevates the game. It's just awesome.

With the goo-drops you collect when solving levels you later can build a tower. Usually you try to make it as huge as possible, and you can compare your height with the towers of other people.

There is a free-demo and the game is really cheap, go give it a try!
Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#4  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

That third tower looks rather suggestive...

Mexalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mexalen

@Sleepy: Yeah, I realized that too... but you have to believe me, that it's not intentional ;) On the other hand, a tower IS a phalic symbol :D

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Snail
RetroIce4 said:
"What is world of goo about? Do you just make objects out of dots? It looked real interesting and my friend was talking about how good it was but, he said he couldn't explain how it worked."
It is awesome and that is all that you need to know. go buy it now if you can.
ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#7  Edited By ahoodedfigure

Check out the demo, Retroice4.

Good build-up.  I have to admit I ran out of patience trying to balance my towers after a while :)