Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Edited By TheLawnWrangler

I did originally put this as an update thingy, but I'd prefer to do a blog about it

*sigh*

Stay Alive is a mediocre movie. The acting is second rate (for a movie about people playing video games) and the writers tried way to hard to capture the attitudes and beings of "hardcore gamers". All of the references and what not add a little fun factor (even the ones that are wrong... a HYPER BLASTER in Silent Hill 4?!?!?!)
Try and Stay Alive while watching this movie!!!! HAH... ahaha... oh God I crack me up
Try and Stay Alive while watching this movie!!!! HAH... ahaha... oh God I crack me up
, but other than that it's just really hard trying to enjoy this movie. Plus, the story seemed pretty damned interesting, but it just ended up flopping and resulting in a B rate horror movie. For the record, I find movies about people playing video games pretty interesting (Grandma's Boy is great in my book, and the Wizard was kinda interesting when I saw it on Cinemax) but this movie just... I'm not really sure it just didn't make it's mark. 

Now... being a bad flick is one thing, but there really is something about this movie that kept me interested; the game our hip protagonists were playing looked REALLY cool. It was like a wonderful cross between Left 4 Dead with Condemned, Silent Hill, and Dead Space tension mixed in one for a great online co-op FPS. Here's some footage (try to ignore the acting if it's possible)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HvBLbuYkSY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh5cUMLyCdY

I do suggest that you stop after they're done playing the game lol
Well yeah like I said, some great stuff they cooked up there (hell the video game consultant for the movie was Cliffy B himself)
But alas... they decided to make a movie about people playing this game... and not the game itself... :(
Oh well... there are PLENTY of great horror games after thiss.. I mean hell after watching Stay Alive, I popped in all of my favorites
Silent Hill 3, Dead Space, Condemned CI and BS, Left 4 Dead, Fatal Frame, Resident Evil (CV, 1 and 2), Dead Rising (not necessarily horror, but zombies), etc
I had a hell of a time (playing those games... not watching the movie)
So thank you Stay Alive for giving me a less than decent movie for my shelf and a great reason to bring out some of my old favorites.

TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TheLawnWrangler

I did originally put this as an update thingy, but I'd prefer to do a blog about it

*sigh*

Stay Alive is a mediocre movie. The acting is second rate (for a movie about people playing video games) and the writers tried way to hard to capture the attitudes and beings of "hardcore gamers". All of the references and what not add a little fun factor (even the ones that are wrong... a HYPER BLASTER in Silent Hill 4?!?!?!)
, but other than that it's just really hard trying to enjoy this movie. Plus, the story seemed pretty damned interesting, but it just ended up flopping and resulting in a B rate horror movie. For the record, I find movies about people playing video games pretty interesting (Grandma's Boy is great in my book, and the Wizard was kinda interesting when I saw it on Cinemax) but this movie just... I'm not really sure it just didn't make it's mark. 

Now... being a bad flick is one thing, but there really is something about this movie that kept me interested; the game our hip protagonists were playing looked REALLY cool. It was like a wonderful cross between Left 4 Dead with Condemned, Silent Hill, and Dead Space tension mixed in one for a great online co-op FPS. Here's some footage (try to ignore the acting if it's possible)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HvBLbuYkSY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh5cUMLyCdY

I do suggest that you stop after they're done playing the game lol
Well yeah like I said, some great stuff they cooked up there (hell the video game consultant for the movie was Cliffy B himself)
But alas... they decided to make a movie about people playing this game... and not the game itself... :(
Oh well... there are PLENTY of great horror games after thiss.. I mean hell after watching Stay Alive, I popped in all of my favorites
Silent Hill 3, Dead Space, Condemned CI and BS, Left 4 Dead, Fatal Frame, Resident Evil (CV, 1 and 2), Dead Rising (not necessarily horror, but zombies), etc
I had a hell of a time (playing those games... not watching the movie)
So thank you Stay Alive for giving me a less than decent movie for my shelf and a great reason to bring out some of my old favorites.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Yeah the movie could have been a lot better, and the game they were playing did look pretty fun, but overall it was only an ok movie, the only thing that kept me watching the was the fact that the game they were playing looked decent lol.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Red

This movie was on the movie channel once. I watched it for 10 minutes and laughed so hard at how bad it was. Then I promptly stopped caring.

TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheLawnWrangler
Red said:
"This movie was on the movie channel once. I watched it for 10 minutes and laughed so hard at how bad it was. Then I promptly stopped caring."
lol I don't blame you

also I was on the same level as you Bucketdeth, I was just kinda hoping they were stupid enough to keep playing the game and shit.. they fuckin were lol