#1 Posted by indieslaw (317 posts) -

Hey all,

So I'm volunteering for an indie/mobile conference next week in SF, and I'm trying to find a place to stay cheaply. Looking at hotel rates, that doesn't really seem like an option for me, so I was wondering if anyone here would have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Edited by DuskVamp (679 posts) -

Check out Airbnb.com, @wrighteous86 and I just went to SF a couple weeks ago and stayed at a place we found on there, for a good price.

#3 Posted by Rorie (2094 posts) -

@videorob: Where's the conference at specifically? How long will you be staying for?

Staff
#4 Edited by indieslaw (317 posts) -

@duskvamp Hey, thanks very much, I'm already seeing cheaper prices on that search than I've seen anywhere else.

@rorie The conference is in the SF Hilton at Union Square. I start the morning of the 29th, so I figured I'd drive in from Utah on the 28th, and I'll be leaving the morning of the 2nd.

The conference is "Casual Connect", incidentally.

#5 Posted by Rorie (2094 posts) -

@videorob: Well, the good news is that you're very close to BART, so you can stay anywhere near a BART station, even outside the city, if you don't mind a bit of a commute. Oakland to the Hilton will be around 30 minutes.

Let me know if you want to get a drink while you're in town. I have a friend who works in the Hilton so we sometimes sneak out for drinks after work around there.

Staff
#6 Posted by indieslaw (317 posts) -

@rorie: Well that's good to hear. Yeah, I don't mind a commute.

And for sure, I'd love to grab a drink. I'll PM you my details once I'm out there. Thanks for all the info, man.