Stephanie Meyer just got even worse

• 58 results
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I'm sure my nan will be elated by this news.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

All I took away from this is that Twilight is fucking ten years old.

When did that happen oh my god

coreytn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I admit that I glossed over the original post, and read that as "She reversed the genders of Twilight Princess and made a book out of it".. I just had images of Link being captured by Zant and Zelda having to take up arms to save him.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The only twilight thing I've ever seen is them playing baseball and then Edward driving all crazily, so while this isn't for me and I won't read it I still think this is kind of interesting? Like, it just seems like a neat new thing to have for an anniversary for fans of that series.

If on the 30th anniversary of the first Harry Potter book JK Rowling released some weird gender bent version of that I'd lose my shit tbh. I bet for fans of Twilight this is real exciting

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know them Tumblr kids with their internets and fan fictions. They'll eat it up!

Also Twilight is 10 years old. Jesus. I'm old.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

@tiffanytryhard: I mean, if people buy it then it means they want it, and everybody wins... right? Now what will be funny is if this flops to the nth degree.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I don't want to work in libraries anymore. Stephanie Meyer has killed it for me. I'm going to curl up under my desk and weep softly into a copy of Cannery Row.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@bane122 said:

Meyer explains in her foreword to the anniversary edition of the novel that she decided to go with the gender bending to underscore her position that Bella isn’t a “damsel in distress” as certain critics have charged.

Maybe I'm off but gender swapping after the fact doesn't seem like it really addresses those claims.

It most certainly does no such thing.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By GValo

I read the first book when my girlfriend at the time asked me to. I thought it was pretty bad back then. Out of a sick curiosity to see how this turned out, I read the first 2 chapters thanks to the kindle sample... It's worse than Twilight. At least with Twilight Meyer could put herself in a teenage girl's shoes and kind of SOUND like a teenaged female. She thanks her sons in the book for letting her into their world... if DudeBella is based on them, they're the most awkward and dumb guys ever.

jeremym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Gonna wait out for the retelling of their story, but as horses.

This is all I want now.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does anyone care!

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep on milking that Twilight money. I thought we were done with that whole stuff.