Also just for old time sakes.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

Fucking Colbert. I mean John Stewart is great, but Colbert's crazy psudo-republican-catholic take on everything is just so god damn funny!

Colbert's focus is definitely more on pop culture than politics, unlike Stewart, but he's got a good mix of both... I fucking love that guy!

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I dunno. Colbert is grade-A satire, but Stewart is just great at commenting on the issue.

I think I'm gonna go with Stewart.
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By fr0br0

I love Colbert's style of comedy over Stewart's.

Slunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Slunks

Both!

They're both great, although I think Colbert's shows a structured a little better, but Stewert is a person we can all relate to.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By AgentJ

My enjoyment of Colbert varies depending on how much politics he goes into. I dont think hes particularly funny when he's talking about eating ewoks and such, but he can be hilarious when making fun of politicians.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Stewart. His recent Swine Flu episode was damn funny.

A picture of  a pig with headline 'Snout Flu' in the background. Stewart blankly staring into camera for near 15 seconds, then suddenly: "MOTHERFUCKER!"

XD

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By inkeiren

As Ark said, Stewart is better at making a point, whereas Colbert is a better comedian.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Black_Rose

Colbert is better, but I've always found Stewart funnier.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Lies

Stewart is a better political commentator, I find Colbert more amusing generally. His dedication to his character is quite inspiring though. It's a spot-on parody of figures like Bill O'Reiley.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By Lies

Stewart is a better political commentator, I find Colbert more amusing generally. His dedication to his character is quite inspiring though. It's a spot-on parody of figures like Bill O'Reiley.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By raven_squad

In my opinion its not even a competition. Colbert is actually funny, where as most of Stewarts jokes just leave me with, at the most, a smile. 

Some of Colbert's interviews get me laughing out loud. Especially one I saw the otherday in which he was speaking with I believe Senates youngest member. He asked the question "Do you consider fetus's to be alive", to which the senator replies yes. Colberts response was "Do they then have the right to bare arms?" I was laughing my ass off. 
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Absurd

Colbert

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wolverine

I've never really watched Colbert and I watch Stewart every night so I have to say Stewart.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By maxszy

Stewart. Though Colbert is great. And he is really funny, sometimes funnier than Stewart.

Though I love Stewart's take on more political stuff and he isn't afraid to get a "tad" serious when he needs to.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By vidiot
inkeiren said:
"As Ark said, Stewart is better at making a point, whereas Colbert is a better comedian."
This by far. I've been watching the show since 2004 and Stewart's common sense approach to news items is so dead on it's amazing. He's biased, in that he supports Obama over our last president, which you have to admit is totally understandable. But he's not committed to an ideology or has an agenda aside from making you think and laugh, and anyone who would argue this point hasn't watched the show.

Colbert has in my mind, made angry conservative punditry and much of Fox News absolutely irrelevant. I can't watch a single second of Hannity or O'Riley without imagining Colbert jumping behind both of them with a giant blue sports styrophome "Were #1!" hand while wearing the american flag as a cape. Definatly the better comedian, but when your subject matter is to saterize punditry, never backing away from an ideal no manner how phemonially wrong you are: the skies the limit.
ishotmrburns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By ishotmrburns

Conan.

JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JudgeDread

those two fucks are now dead to me!!!!

they have regionlocked their fucking episode videos

Kinarion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kinarion
JudgeDread said:
"those two fucks are now dead to me!!!!

they have regionlocked their fucking episode videos

"
Guessing you have parent-company Viacom to blame for that rather than two comedians.
4thPersonJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By 4thPersonJohn

Colbert by far, though Stewart's a fine lead-in.

Stewart flips back and forth way too often on whether he want his show to be a serious news show with a comedic take, or a comedy show with socially-relevant content. It especially bothers me when he makes a solid attempt to be a serious news-man, and then turns around when called on a folly and pulls the "I COME ON AFTER A SHOW WITH PUPPETS MAKING PRANK CALLS" card. Simply, he takes himself seriously and claims he doesn't when it becomes a detriment.

Colbert, on the other hand, has transcended news and comedy and has become something totally unique, unlike anything else ever. Rather than alternating between serious and comedy, he manages to pull off both at the same time. His dedication to his character is amazing, and the subtle modifications are absolute genius. He has the perfect balance of not being able to take him seriously and yet needing to. He's a brand new kind of institution and one that's made himself necessary almost instantly.

BODDAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BODDAH

They're both liberal. So neither.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ahriman22

Colbert.

AvD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AvD
BODDAH said:
"They're both liberal. So neither."
How very partisan of you.

Big Stewart fan here.  Colbert is great but he's purely an entertainer, Stewart is a great political commentator who also happens to be hilarious.
BODDAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BODDAH
AvD said:
"BODDAH said:
"They're both liberal. So neither."
How very partisan of you.Big Stewart fan here.  Colbert is great but he's purely an entertainer, Stewart is a great political commentator who also happens to be hilarious."
How very partisan of them.
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pibo47

Colbert is the best. Stewart is no longer needed.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By papercut

I definitely love stewart, but i feel like jon has created a monster that not even he can control anymore.