Still Loving Saints Row 2

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

Edited By skrutop

I'm about at the half-way point in Saints Row 2, and still discovering new things to do.  The variety is quite amazing.  I've been focused on the missions, but now I'm taking time out to run drugs, steal helicopters, grab hos, toss people off of buildings, impersonating a cop and brutalizing criminals, wasting paparazzi, and giving/taking away my character's tits.  (Since I was doing the Ronin missions, my character is currently a Chinese dude with a long top knot and Triad-style suit.)

I recently found out that you can not only customize your character, your gang, your house, and your wardrobe, but you can customize the hell out of your cars as well.  And that no matter what I do to my cars, they stay in my garage.  So there goes thousands of more dollars and chunks of my time to decide which of 100 rims best complements my mini-van that I outfitted with hydraulics and nitrous.

So now I'm on to take out the last gang, though I suspect that Ultor will be the final group of missions before the story wraps up.  While SR2 does have a goofy string running through it, the main missions are still pretty gruesome and serious in tone.  Your character, and his lieutenants, are all really nasty pieces of work, with practically no concience, remorse, or mercy.  It's nice that they don't try to soften your group too much.  After all, you're just another gang of thugs.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By skrutop

I'm about at the half-way point in Saints Row 2, and still discovering new things to do.  The variety is quite amazing.  I've been focused on the missions, but now I'm taking time out to run drugs, steal helicopters, grab hos, toss people off of buildings, impersonating a cop and brutalizing criminals, wasting paparazzi, and giving/taking away my character's tits.  (Since I was doing the Ronin missions, my character is currently a Chinese dude with a long top knot and Triad-style suit.)

I recently found out that you can not only customize your character, your gang, your house, and your wardrobe, but you can customize the hell out of your cars as well.  And that no matter what I do to my cars, they stay in my garage.  So there goes thousands of more dollars and chunks of my time to decide which of 100 rims best complements my mini-van that I outfitted with hydraulics and nitrous.

So now I'm on to take out the last gang, though I suspect that Ultor will be the final group of missions before the story wraps up.  While SR2 does have a goofy string running through it, the main missions are still pretty gruesome and serious in tone.  Your character, and his lieutenants, are all really nasty pieces of work, with practically no concience, remorse, or mercy.  It's nice that they don't try to soften your group too much.  After all, you're just another gang of thugs.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Shaundi is hawt. =D
That's why I did the Samedi missions first.
I agree the stories do get quite serious in tone, I almost cried when the Brotherhood did that shit to your lieutenant.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I need to go back and play it again.  I still haven't done all the jumps and such either.  The game is definitely loads of fun, but I think I'm spoiled by GTA IV again since I went back for the DLC.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Gruff182

Yea, the game is damn good.

A few years ago, there wouldn't be a chance in hell that anything could trump a GTA, but I actually enjoyed this alot more than GTA4. Hats off to them, the game is bananas.

DeeDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DeeDee
skrutop said:
 which of 100 rims best complements my mini-van that I outfitted with hydraulics and nitrous
You can't have both equipped.

But yeah, SR2 is awesome because of many of the features in the game.  Not wasting time customizing cars only to have them disappear ala GTA was a great move.

However the HUGE UNAVOIDABLE problem w/ SR2 is the magically disappearing objects.  Get a gang of 3 following you in another car, if you turn the camera too much at certain points and hop out of your car, their car will disappear.  It's hyper unrealistic and annoying that things disappear just by looking in the other direction. 
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Wolverine

I should probably buy the game. I loved Saint's Row 1 and still play it time to time.

SikhCuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SikhCuz

Yeah
i beat SR2 (with cheats lol FAIL)
my character looks like 50 cent and i have some AWESOME outfits
AWESOME cars
AWESOME cribs
and i haz unlocked practically all the unlockable cars i know of

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kozzy1234

I had alot more fun with Saints Row 2 then i did with GTA IV. Not technically as good, but the overall fun factor is alot higher in SR2 imo.