Stop debating feminism, let's talk food for self-loathing!

• 88 results
Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pezen

Wife free friday means let's take the hate out on myself night. Coming home from work and getting to spend some hours to unwind by myself I figured, hey, you want to do something really stupid, right? RIGHT! So naturally the old classics came to mind with something good to drink and some snacks and/or candy and just game the entire evening. But no. Tonight was special. Tonight I figured, let's go fucking all in on this thing. So after spending way too much money on way too much crap I came home and started to prepare what will probably undo this entire week of healthy living and hard time at the gym. But to hell with it, I have earned this.

Oh god.

Battered and deep fried cheese and turkey sandwiches that I was dipping in mayo and bbq sauce mixed together. Holy shit. It's like I was eating the embodiment of self-loathing. I am sweating like a fat goth at a summer funeral drinking, by lovely irony, "sugar free" energy drinks. As if that's going to save me. I still have chips and cheese ready to go for some fuckin' nachos. Well, nachos without the meat, beans, and other condiments, let's just call it chips and cheese that I'm going to be dipping in an assortment of dips from chipotle salsa to guacamole. Also, there is some candy. Fuck me, what did I get myself into.

But isn't that what you do when you lose weight and begin feeling like maybe you could get your body in shape?

So, what do you usually stuff your face with when you want to swallow any notion of a better world and the beautiful song of birds?

PS. I'm actually not depressed or self-loathing. Well, maybe I have the self-respect and restraint of a child, but that's an entirely different issue.

PPS. My apartment smells like frying oil.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheHumanDove

This thread is sexist

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60

@TheHumanDove said:

This thread is sexist

This post is sexist

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Cloudenvy

@TheHumanDove said:

This thread is sexist

Well, F.

On-topic: Way too many spicy fries is usually what I eat in these types of situations. Simple, but delicious.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pezen

@TheHumanDove said:

This thread is sexist

At first I was like, hell yeah this thread is the sexiest.

Then I realized my error and felt a little ache in my heart.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheHumanDove

@CL60 said:

@TheHumanDove said:

This thread is sexist

This post is sexist

This quote is sexist. Also, make some octo-dogs. You stick spaghetti into hotdogs and throw it into some boiling water...spaghetti is the legs, dog is the body. It's novel as shit

WaylonJennings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By WaylonJennings

An entire little caesars hot an ready can sure put the hurt on.

stonepawfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stonepawfox

egregious amounts of pizza, as well as sometimes if i get the manic energy and motivation, i will just make a batch of cookies or brownies and eat it all. sometimes before it ends up going in the oven. i dont give a fuck it's friday

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Vinny_Says

OH MY GOD!!!! You want to get away from your wife for a few hours a week? You sir are a sexist pig and I hope you get diabetus.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pezen

@Vinny_Says: Have you met my wife? GOD.

Seriously though, she works until midnight and I don't, so it's not as if I had any say in it.

And if I did I would still say "leave me alone" because I'm a sexist pig. Also, she would be forced to cook food for me. Because I'm a sexist pig.

Damn right, I take no guff from these swine as a slightly overweight attorney would say.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Pezen said:

@TheHumanDove said:

This thread is sexist

At first I was like, hell yeah this thread is the sexiest.

Then I realized my error and felt a little ache in my heart.

Don't worry, this thread is the sexiest.

For me it's more sweets than salty stuff. Especially because I can make those without any help.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrKlorox

I sous vide'd some chicken breasts last night and plan on making chicken alfredo here in a bit. The prep has gone smoothly so far, but I'm sure I'll skip a step and fuck something up as it gets closer to being finished. That's where the self-loathing will come in.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By NMC2008

Animalists!!! What do people have against pigs?

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By artgarcrunkle

I'm a detestable angry reactionary and I'm here to fuck this thread up and ruin food for everyone.

Also, I am a dude, owned.

stonepawfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By stonepawfox

@MrKlorox: who the hell sous vides chicken in their house man use a pan fer cryin out loud

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#16  Edited By pyromagnestir

Whole bags of Doritos. The big bags, not the little ones you get from a vending machine.

Fast food. Soda. Cookies. If I don't hate myself before eating any of these things, I sure as hell hate myself during and after.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pezen

@AlexanderSheen: Awesome.

@NMC2008: They don't give us their bacon without a fight.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By Justin258

I fucking love pizza. Every time I get pizza, doesn't matter how good or bad it is, I can't help but get four pieces at least. At practically any other meal I get precisely one helping of whatever it is, but with pizza I can't help but go back for seconds and thirds. I start feeling bad about eating so much, but that just makes me think about pizza more and I go back for fourths at about 11:00. No, really, the timing for my want of another serving is pretty much that perfect, give or take a quarter of an hour. And I can't help but get a fresh can of Pepsi with every serving.

In short, when my family gets pizza I don't stop eating it until it's actually gone all the way.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrKlorox
@stonepawfox said:

@MrKlorox: who the hell sous vides chicken in their house man use a pan fer cryin out loud

The pan comes after the initial cooking in the water oven, which I always use to sear the meat. Cooking has been great since I discovered sous vide, and it's practically the only method I use now.
NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NMC2008

@Pezen said:

@AlexanderSheen: Awesome.

@NMC2008: They don't give us their bacon without a fight.

So we take bacon against the will of the pigs? Oh no.......... that sounds like.................... like.............

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By AngelN7

Don't hit me don't hit me! I'm just passing by... oh this isn't one of those? ok sure I can taste this... so square shaped pizza should we allow that? Thoughts!

stonepawfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By stonepawfox

@MrKlorox: oh that totally makes sense and i'm not doubting that it comes out really really good. i would just be hard pressed to go through that effort when i could just pan fry it in 10 minutes and have it be decent enough.

then again this is coming from someone with barely a kitchen and i'm probably just jealous anyway. why can't i have an immersion circulator? hell i need a stand mixer too...not that baking turns out that well with all the uneven heat zones in my oven. stupid money

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#23  Edited By fox01313

Fine then, what's the best coffee brand to go for?

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Slay3r1583

@WaylonJennings said:

An entire little caesars hot an ready can sure put the hurt on.

A pizza and breadsticks for under $10? That's what I'm talking about. I've never managed to finish all of it in one sitting but I've come damn close. I always hate myself afterwards though.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@TheHumanDove said:

@CL60 said:

@TheHumanDove said:

This thread is sexist

This post is sexist

This quote is sexist.

Everyone's sexist!

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DoctorDanger99

i really want to eat some pizza but im afraid of the racial stero types involved with italians....maybe ill just eat some white bread? no,dammit. thats offensive to white people.great,so im a self loathing white man. crap,i just mentioned i was a man.

::Hangs self::

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pezen

@AngelN7: Well, I do partake in some of that square "pizza" thing sometimes, usually frozen. But to be honest, it feels more like a warm sandwich and rarely like pizza. So, for my money, pizza is still round.

@fox01313: Obviously Kopi Luwak.

@DoctorDanger99: You know how to conquer racial shame? Eat broadly ethnic. I'm Swedish and there is nothing Swedish about deep fried shit or nachos. The only Swedish thing on my menu tonight is Swedish style introspective self-loathing.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Scrawnto

I've been eating nutella out of a jar with a spoon these last few days because I can't be arsed to cook a proper meal. How's that?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By TheHT

I'm gonna take a nice long shower then dig in on far too much homemade lasagna.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pezen

@Scrawnto: Perfect, that's the spirit! Eating things that shouldn't be eaten by itself with a spoon directly from the jar is always a step in the right direction.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DoctorDanger99

@Pezen: swedish style self introspective self loathing? is that like american self loathing? over here it involves alot of whiskey and listening to The Cure. (just like heaven)

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Turambar

Ramen noodles, cook them then dry them off, dip them in batter, fry it along with scrambled eggs and ham and way too much soy sauce.  

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MrKlorox
@stonepawfox: Heh, I just use a beer cooler that I sprayed extra insulating foam into, fill it with hot water from the tap (comes out at 130F), and make heat adjustments using a tea kettle full of boiling water. I'm extremely lazy, and this thing has turned out to be more of a "set it and forget it" than our friggin Ronco rotisserie. I just have to check it every half hour or so for the first 90 minutes to see if the temperature drops below pasteurization temperature (around 140F) and I can leave it in there for hours at a time in case I'm in the middle of a game or whatever. And the cleanup is easier as well (aside from the initial vacuum sealing that happens when we get home with the meat) which is great for a germophobe such as myself.

I used to cook with nothing but the oven (did I mention how lazy I am) but I always ended up ruining steaks and other cuts of meat that weren't super thick. But with this ghetto water oven, under and overcooking the insides has stopped happening. Now I just need thermometer that can read above 158F so I can start doing vegetables.
Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ravenlight

@Turambar said:

Ramen noodles, cook them then dry them off, dip them in batter, fry it along with scrambled eggs and ham and way too much soy sauce.

Back up. Tell me again about the part where you take poor people food and then turn it into a legit meal. I've got to try this this weekend.

Actually, I don't think I have any soy sauce. What is the best brand? My local asian market has like 10,000 different kinds and I don't know which to pick.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Scrawnto

@Turambar said:

Oh god, that sounds incredible. I've done egg-drop ramen soup, but that is some next-level shit.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Turambar
@Ravenlight said:

@Turambar said:

Back up. Tell me again about the part where you take poor people food and then turn it into a legit meal. I've got to try this this weekend.

Actually, I don't think I have any soy sauce. What is the best brand? My local asian market has like 10,000 different kinds and I don't know which to pick.

Kimlan and Otafuku.  I don't know if those are good, it's just what my parents have always used so I do as well.  Also, for the record, ramen is an extremely shitty choice in this case.  I've tried it with some different types of noodles, and Japanese buckwheat noodle is my favorite since they are so thin.  But this is food for self-loathing, so I went with the cheapest and shittiest.
PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I have a Reese's addiction.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pezen

@DoctorDanger99: American self loathing is a lot more commercially viable. Swedish self loathing is more introspective and cold and usually doesn't lead to good comedy.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#39  Edited By Sergio

@Pezen said:

Wife free friday means let's take the hate out on myself night.

So what you're saying is that your wife isn't home, in the kitchen, cooking you dinner like she should be?!

(I'm kidding.)

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By artgarcrunkle

If someone gave me a pint glass full of pesto I would slam it.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ravenlight

@Turambar said:

But this is food for self-loathing, so I went with the cheapest and shittiest.

In that case, I'll skip the soy sauce and fancy noodles and just buy $50 worth of asian candies and junk food. Pocky coma, here I come!

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pezen

@Sergio: Yes. She cooks during the weeks, I'm at a loss now when I'm at home by myself. That always leads to bad ideas.

(Actually, I'm a decent cook but she just wants food faster than me and I take my sweet time when I cook leaving her hungry and me with hardly any spare time. So she handles the week day cooking and in return I do all the dishes and the laundry, bam, equality up in this bitch.)

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Turambar
@Ravenlight said:

@Turambar said:

But this is food for self-loathing, so I went with the cheapest and shittiest.

In that case, I'll skip the soy sauce and fancy noodles and just buy $50 worth of asian candies and junk food. Pocky coma, here I come!

Oh fuck...that reminds me I haven't had any in half a year...
Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ravenlight

@Turambar said:

Oh fuck...that reminds me I haven't had any in half a year...

Bringing it full circle, is Men's Pocky sexist?

Implying women cannot appreciate fun or flavor?
Implying women cannot appreciate fun or flavor?
Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Pezen

@Ravenlight: Either that or they're calling all men "bitter" and they can have their own specific chocolate "fun". I'm a man and I resent having my own fun chocolate because I may or may not be bitter. Also, why would I want bitter chocolate? I want happy fun chocolate.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#46  Edited By Dagbiker

So your wife wasn't home to cook food for you.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Pezen

@Dagbiker: Stating the obvious, Kermit.

Ps. I could have cooked myself, but I just chose not to and insisted on bad choices because that seemed like more fun.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#48  Edited By DoctorWelch

@Dagbiker said:

So your wife wasn't home to cook food for you.

BOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Pezen

@DoctorWelch: Don't break anything trying to perform an overly complicated high-five later.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By DoctorWelch

@Pezen said:

@DoctorWelch: Don't break anything trying to perform an overly complicated high-five later.

......too late :/