• 66 results
#1 Edited by zungerman090 (311 posts) -

What the title says. I've been buying straight jeans for as long as I remember (mostly Levi's 501s), but I started to notice that they seem kind of baggy from the knee down. I really don't want to throw away/donate all of my jeans and get new ones. What are your opinions? What kind of jeans do you prefer?

#2 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

I don't like jeans so I don't wear them.

#3 Posted by AlexW00d (6427 posts) -

The pair of Levis I am wearing are 514s, which I believe are their slim variety, all though not that slim. But I do prefer slim jeans, not skinny though, as I hate the bagginess that regular cut jeans seem to have on me. Plus baggy jeans should have stayed in the 90s.

#4 Edited by mosespippy (4433 posts) -

Let me tell you a secret I learned from hanging out with loose chicks and gay dudes my first year of university. Girls are looking at your ass, not the area around your knees. Buy whatever best features your ass.

#5 Posted by razorzxz (180 posts) -

I like to wear chinos, but jeans wear slims even if you think it will be strange. They actually will look better.

#6 Posted by endofworld (5 posts) -

I am in the same boat in regards to jean fit. 514s are slim, but they're slim straight so no dice their. Look out for plain ol slim. My favs from my last mall trip were slim fits from h&m; and slim fits from vans. H& m has a higher rise and do losen up a tiny bit as you break them in. The vans jeans are my new favorites. I bought them pretty tight but they break in to fit perfect and the rise is perfect.

#7 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I wear really skinny ones. Like really skinny ones. I like how they look on me. And I can't stand wearing baggy jeans, it feels like I strapped garbage bags to my legs.

#8 Posted by zungerman090 (311 posts) -

@AlexW00d: I've been staring at 514s and 501s for two minutes. Can't really tell the difference. Damn it!

#9 Posted by wfolse1 (456 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

The pair of Levis I am wearing are 514s, which I believe are their slim variety, all though not that slim. But I do prefer slim jeans, not skinny though, as I hate the bagginess that regular cut jeans seem to have on me. Plus baggy jeans should have stayed in the 90s.

Yep, 514's are where its at.

#10 Posted by AlexW00d (6427 posts) -

@zungerman090 said:

@AlexW00d: I've been staring at 514s and 501s for two minutes. Can't really tell the difference. Damn it!

The label says slim straight, so whatever that means? They have less of a crotch than regular jeans, so you have to wear them lower down as well.

I think the Levi's skinny jeans would be a slim from most places though. Or at least from what I saw the last time I was in a Levi's store, ~4 years ago.

#11 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3084 posts) -

Loose or boot cut.

#12 Posted by James_ex_machina (899 posts) -

Slim fit with the boot cut leg opening.
My gf calls me a jean hoarder, of coarse she keeps buying me more. I'm not a baggy jeans guy. Straight leg jeans are ok. Usually I buy designer jeans but Buckley(the clothing store) has the coolest jeans.

#13 Posted by JasonR86 (9723 posts) -

Loose. I just want the type that fit me, are comfortable and don't make me look like a piece of crap. After my extensive research, loose is the style of jean for me.

#14 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

skinny are fine, but ultra-tight lady jeans make you look like a fucking hipster douchebag.

#15 Posted by zungerman090 (311 posts) -

@Tim_the_Corsair: Pretty much the reason why I only bought 501s. I guess it is fine as long as it doesn't hug my legs and I can actually pull them on

#16 Posted by ajamafalous (12145 posts) -

Skinny.

#17 Posted by MentalDisruption (1670 posts) -

slim with bootcut usually.

#18 Posted by nerdsbeware (227 posts) -

Skinny, only because I have stumpy, skinny legs so baggy jeans make me look way shorter than I am. But not skinny to the point where its ball crushing. That's to much. Just something that fit's nice.

#19 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

Loose or bootcut. I am a tall dude and these feel more comfortable for me. I basically live in jeans so comfort > style.

#20 Edited by oatz (1090 posts) -

Usually slim-tapered. Anything slimmer and my legs won't fit. I get regular trousers for work tailored.

As an aside, guys, don't sag your jeans. Wear them like an adult. Shows off your glutes, too. The ladies love that stuff.

EDIT: Christ, so many people wearing boot cut, what is wrong with you people? Next thing you're going tell me you like to wear cargo shorts.

#21 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

@zungerman090 said:

Pretty sure I've heard that they're actually the same jeans, just with a different rise in the waist and closure (button fly vs. zipper). I have one pair of 514s that I love, but I've never been able to find them again. Keep in mind that every wash has a different cut for some awful, crazy reason.

#22 Edited by Super_Yosh_64 (126 posts) -

abercrombie skinny jeans

#23 Posted by Witzig (335 posts) -

I used to wear Krew skinny jeans in highschool and then I realized more jerk offs and hipsters wear Krew then skaters so I started wearing Altamonts and haven't looked back.

#24 Posted by TheHBK (5561 posts) -

Slim and Skinny jeans are for assholes that don't work out their legs.

#25 Posted by thevigilanteoflove (514 posts) -

Baggy and boot cut, but that's because I have a huge ass and tree trunks for legs.

#26 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

i hate long pants. if you like long pants i am going to start a bloodfeud with you.

#27 Posted by Super_Yosh_64 (126 posts) -

@TheHBK said:

Slim and Skinny jeans are for assholes that don't work out their legs.

@TheHBK: someone here is a fatass b.c even athletes wear skinnies and slim have more than enough room

#28 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4284 posts) -

Slim jeans that kinda look like skinny jeans but dont hug the leg as much.  I usually lower my jeans

#29 Posted by Muerthoz (351 posts) -

I prefer my Relaxed Fit 550s.

#31 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

Slim straight I think it's called. Not too skinny but not too baggy

#32 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

As far as I'm concerned straight is slim. Jncos for life. :P

@oatz said:

EDIT: Christ, so many people wearing boot cut, what is wrong with you people? Next thing you're going tell me you like to wear cargo shorts.
But seriously, I LOVE cargo shorts. Cargo is the handiest legwear ever.
#33 Posted by Aronman789 (2671 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

As far as I'm concerned straight is slim. Jncos for life. :P

@oatz said:
But seriously, I LOVE cargo shorts. Cargo is the handiest legwear ever.

Cargo shorts are the only legwear that doesn't make me feel like someone is holding my joints straight. I seriously can't even move in jeans.

#34 Posted by ElBarto (272 posts) -

I wear the Skinny 511's. They're slim, not that tight, little baggy towards the ankles but I prefer it that way, this is probably caused by me getting the pants just a length longer than I should.

#35 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11378 posts) -

Is it weird that I read that as "or Slim Jims"?

#36 Posted by actionTACO (496 posts) -

cargo jorts

#37 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

@mosespippy: Cool but I don't want to attract loose chicks and gay guys.

#38 Posted by mikethekilla (328 posts) -

I wear my jeans baggy

#39 Posted by Barrock (3553 posts) -

I don't wear skinny jeans 'cause my nuts don't fit.

But seriously I don't wear jeans.

#40 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -

To all those who dont know this is read: "Straight or gay jeans?"

#41 Edited by cyraxible (694 posts) -

I wear skinny ass jeans because i'm skinny and tall and i look good in them.

tight pants 4lyfe

contrary to what everyone says about tight pants being uncomfortable i find them more comfortable than their looser/less fitted counterparts.

#42 Posted by Wicked_Wumpus (175 posts) -

I like slimmer jeans but then my wallet, keys, and cell phone bulge out of my pockets and look ridiculous.

#43 Posted by Obinice (275 posts) -

@zungerman090 said:

What the title says. I've been buying straight jeans for as long as I remember (mostly Levi's 501s), but I started to notice that they seem kind of baggy from the knee down. I really don't want to throw away/donate all of my jeans and get new ones. What are your opinions? What kind of jeans do you prefer?

If by straight you mean regular, then neither. It's relaxed fit or nothing for me. Just like y fronts, i have no idea how guys are cool with constricting their junk. Immensley uncomfortable for me.

#44 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

slim straight

#45 Posted by Jolt92 (1578 posts) -

Regular or slim. I have pretty big legs though.

#46 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Not a huge jean cut efficionado, but I'm pretty sure I just wear bootcut, although I think I have a pair of straight-cut I like. They're comfortable and look good. Skinny jeans are for friggin punks.

#47 Posted by Rudyftw (554 posts) -

I only wear jeans in the winter....

Ant its almost that time of year.....

*sighhhh*

#48 Posted by Rawrnosaurous (758 posts) -

Skinny jeans, Jinco Jeans, and Tripp pants

#49 Posted by Robot_Sneakers (417 posts) -

I always wear relaxed, hate restrictive jeans and they're just comfortable

#50 Edited by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Levi's 569

I prefer loose fit.