#1 Edited by DopeToast (543 posts) -

Pitchfork Article

After seven long yeas, the modern-day King of Pop returns with another studio album, The 20/20 Experience. You can stream it on iTunes right now, and it will be available to buy on March 20th. I am listening to it right now, and so far it's pretty ill. Go ahead and give it a spin.

#2 Edited by JacDG (2180 posts) -

Sweet, I usually don't like the pop music which is played on the radio, but I've always found JT's music to be enjoyable, dude is mad cool.

#3 Posted by Animasta (14903 posts) -

I wouldn't exactly call the dude the modern day King of Pop.

I mean he's fine, but still.

#5 Edited by pr1mus (4158 posts) -

So JT is making music again? This is great. His last album was pretty great.

#6 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4374 posts) -
#7 Posted by TooWalrus (13392 posts) -

I... no thanks.

#8 Posted by Funkydupe (3609 posts) -

@toowalrus: I bet you're listening to it right now. :D You rascal.

#9 Posted by Tylea002 (2382 posts) -

But, a new They Might Be Giants album came out a few days ago, and I think you'll find they're the true modern kings of pop. So I'll just listen to that.

Sorry, Justin.

#10 Posted by Jothel (1017 posts) -

He's really the only bearable thing in modern pop music, don't love him but still, I don't want to stab his face… which is good

#11 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4374 posts) -
Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
#12 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4312 posts) -

Goddamn, that song "That Girl" is really damn good. I wouldnt mind hearing it on the radio all of the time. Starts around 43:03

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
#13 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4569 posts) -

The only reason anyone liked him was Timberlake producing his album, take away the beats and all the voice effects and what is left?

#14 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4374 posts) -
#15 Edited by mellotronrules (1934 posts) -
#16 Edited by Andorski (5481 posts) -

The only reason anyone liked him was Timberlake producing his album, take away the beats and all the voice effects and what is left?

Take away the voice effects and you can actually hear the guy sing! Great falsetto voice on that mofo'.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
#17 Edited by SecondPersonShooter (831 posts) -

@andorski said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

The only reason anyone liked him was TimbALAND producing his album, take away the beats and all the voice effects and what is left?

Take away the voice effects and you can actually hear the guy sing! Great falsetto voice on that mofo'.

I just don't really care about singing ability in music. I'm jumping into discussion prematurely though, I can't get this fucking stream to load on itunes.

But lets talk about futuresexlovesounds. Dat transition from Sexy Ladies into My Love am i right or what?

Edit- also, ya'll know this whole album is produced by Timbaland, right?

Avatar image for leifanghelenafan
#18 Posted by LeiFangHelenaFan (10 posts) -

Who cares, Justin Timberlake can't sing or act to save his life. It's not like he was ever talented to begin with.:P

#19 Edited by Nightriff (7082 posts) -

No

Avatar image for guided_by_tigers
#20 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8020 posts) -

I have the album pre-ordered, Suit & Tie is a great song aside from the annoying piano sample in the background.

#21 Posted by Grimmrobe (219 posts) -

The Beatles will always be the Kings of Pop, modern-day or otherwise.

#22 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2808 posts) -

As far as modern- pop music goes, he honestly makes some of the better songs.

#23 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4374 posts) -

@grimmrobe: My hits' so sick its got rappers acting dramatic. But that's alright, its all mine.

#24 Posted by mellotronrules (1934 posts) -

sorry to necro the thread, but what does everyone think of the new record? i'm finding it gets better with each listen- although the only track that touched me in the tenders (consensual) was 'blue ocean floor.' that was a fucking pleasant surprise.

#25 Posted by insouciant (852 posts) -
#26 Posted by gaminghooligan (1819 posts) -

Didn't care for it. Most of Timberlake's stuff isn't for me. That being said, as a person the guy seems extremely likable, so I always give his albums a chance just in case.

#27 Edited by envane (1224 posts) -

cant stand his actual music , but damnit if that guy isnt charming as fuck ... he made the napster guy seem like a fuckin pimp. plus he makes jimmy fallon look cool every year somehow.. guys a genius.

#28 Edited by expensiveham (352 posts) -

I am surprised at the amount of actual on topic discussion going in on this thread.

#29 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4374 posts) -

@expensiveham: Unless this thread says, "Do you lik EA?," then it won't get many hits.

I always rate most albums 4 to 4 1/2 out of 5. This album doesn't change that. But, dammit its good!