#1 Edited by thevigilanteoflove (503 posts) -

Pitchfork Article

After seven long yeas, the modern-day King of Pop returns with another studio album, The 20/20 Experience. You can stream it on iTunes right now, and it will be available to buy on March 20th. I am listening to it right now, and so far it's pretty ill. Go ahead and give it a spin.

#2 Edited by JacDG (2113 posts) -

Sweet, I usually don't like the pop music which is played on the radio, but I've always found JT's music to be enjoyable, dude is mad cool.

#3 Posted by Animasta (14643 posts) -

I wouldn't exactly call the dude the modern day King of Pop.

I mean he's fine, but still.

#5 Edited by Pr1mus (3780 posts) -

So JT is making music again? This is great. His last album was pretty great.

#6 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4139 posts) -
#7 Posted by TooWalrus (13132 posts) -

I... no thanks.

#8 Posted by Funkydupe (3306 posts) -

@toowalrus: I bet you're listening to it right now. :D You rascal.

#9 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

But, a new They Might Be Giants album came out a few days ago, and I think you'll find they're the true modern kings of pop. So I'll just listen to that.

Sorry, Justin.

#10 Posted by Jothel (913 posts) -

He's really the only bearable thing in modern pop music, don't love him but still, I don't want to stab his face… which is good

#11 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4139 posts) -
#12 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

Goddamn, that song "That Girl" is really damn good. I wouldnt mind hearing it on the radio all of the time. Starts around 43:03

#13 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

The only reason anyone liked him was Timberlake producing his album, take away the beats and all the voice effects and what is left?

#14 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4139 posts) -
#15 Edited by mellotronrules (1171 posts) -
#16 Edited by Andorski (5179 posts) -

The only reason anyone liked him was Timberlake producing his album, take away the beats and all the voice effects and what is left?

Take away the voice effects and you can actually hear the guy sing! Great falsetto voice on that mofo'.

#17 Edited by SecondPersonShooter (615 posts) -

@andorski said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

The only reason anyone liked him was TimbALAND producing his album, take away the beats and all the voice effects and what is left?

Take away the voice effects and you can actually hear the guy sing! Great falsetto voice on that mofo'.

I just don't really care about singing ability in music. I'm jumping into discussion prematurely though, I can't get this fucking stream to load on itunes.

But lets talk about futuresexlovesounds. Dat transition from Sexy Ladies into My Love am i right or what?

Edit- also, ya'll know this whole album is produced by Timbaland, right?

#18 Posted by LeiFangHelenaFan (9 posts) -

Who cares, Justin Timberlake can't sing or act to save his life. It's not like he was ever talented to begin with.:P

#19 Edited by Nightriff (4866 posts) -

No

#20 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I have the album pre-ordered, Suit & Tie is a great song aside from the annoying piano sample in the background.

#21 Posted by Grimmrobe (199 posts) -

The Beatles will always be the Kings of Pop, modern-day or otherwise.

#22 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2408 posts) -

As far as modern- pop music goes, he honestly makes some of the better songs.

#23 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4139 posts) -

@grimmrobe: My hits' so sick its got rappers acting dramatic. But that's alright, its all mine.

#24 Posted by mellotronrules (1171 posts) -

sorry to necro the thread, but what does everyone think of the new record? i'm finding it gets better with each listen- although the only track that touched me in the tenders (consensual) was 'blue ocean floor.' that was a fucking pleasant surprise.

#25 Posted by insouciant (710 posts) -
#26 Posted by gaminghooligan (1403 posts) -

Didn't care for it. Most of Timberlake's stuff isn't for me. That being said, as a person the guy seems extremely likable, so I always give his albums a chance just in case.

#27 Edited by envane (1159 posts) -

cant stand his actual music , but damnit if that guy isnt charming as fuck ... he made the napster guy seem like a fuckin pimp. plus he makes jimmy fallon look cool every year somehow.. guys a genius.

#28 Edited by expensiveham (289 posts) -

I am surprised at the amount of actual on topic discussion going in on this thread.

#29 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4139 posts) -

@expensiveham: Unless this thread says, "Do you lik EA?," then it won't get many hits.

I always rate most albums 4 to 4 1/2 out of 5. This album doesn't change that. But, dammit its good!