Stuff to do and eat in SF?

dna2251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey Duders,

I'm about to head up for a weekend in SF any suggestions on stuff to do while up there? Any particular restaurants or bars to check out?

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taqueria cancun is a must if you like burritos. They have some of the best. The city is so cool and big though there are no shortage of great things to do and see.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By crithon

You know, I have a WONDERFUL Walking guide, goes from around majority of the city all the way down to the warf. I'll find it when I get off of work tonight, it's easy walk through a lot of touristy sights. Although it misses the mission for some good food.... except you might see some homeless stabbing someone. And also not good surfing in SF, just a spot up north. Late night there's awesome bars to see some live local bands, that's totally worth doing.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

What kind of food do you like? I've eaten at more restaurants in San Francisco than I probably should have.

dna2251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This probably wouldn't help much, but I'm really down for anything. I guess I'm down to try out stuff that is a bit more unique to the area. I'll probably head over to the Mission to grab a burrito. When I used to visit Berkeley I enjoyed eating at like Top Dog, or like Pedro's Brazilian. Stuff like that maybe?

danryckert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 danryckert  Staff

Taco Bell.

dna2251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dna2251

@danryckert: Dammit Dan... I can get that at home. However, I think I might definitely go check out Soda Popinski's.

Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jnal

@dna2251: It's pretty cool I checked it out when I went on vacation back in September and flew out there. Monday is two for one specials on all drinks. Also if you beat Tyson on Punchout you get a photo on the wall and champagne. The Bartender that was there was named Garrett and was a pretty cool guy. House of Prime Rib is also not too far from there and its a fantastic place to eat. If you go get the King Henry the VIII cut.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@dna2251: Grab lunch at Swan Oyster Depot one day and have a few Anchor Steams while you're there.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Get shit-faced in the Tonga Room.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

In San Francisco you are supposed to eat a fresh piping-hot loaf of sour dough bread, right?

If you have a sense of 'fun' and adventure head over to
Hot Cookie (erotic bakery)
407 Castro St
San Francisco, CA 94114

...they have some interesting shaped cookies.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Empress of China restaurant in Chinatown, REALLY good Chinese food.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bargainben

Walk around aimlessly in the Tenderloin and you will come home with many stories.