#101  Edited By Justin258

@Alexandru said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Alexandru said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@Alexandru said:

@ZeForgotten said:

, he just wanted to be an ass because clearly he's the one being the dumb cunt in that situation.

yeah

Flawless logic.

I think he might've poked the match so far into his brain that he thought I was actually agreeing with him and not being sarcastic.

if you actually believe that, then you are an idiot

You're right, I'm an idiot. Compared to whatever it is you are I feel pretty great about it

you're awfully happy for finding someone that you consider beneath you

But he's not trying to say he's better than you just 'cause. He's trying to say he's better than you because thus far you've shown yourself to be a grade-A dipshit.

I don't want to make fun of you. I'm not frivolously calling you a "dipshit". I wouldn't do that. But... just... JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, GET SOME GODDAMN HELP. You told a girl to go to hell after she asked you to lunch, you walked out of a doctor's office because he was motherfucking trying to help you. I mean, there are days where I feel like a sad and lonely motherfucker but COME ON.

Fuck! You stuck a goddamn match in your ear two years ago and don't think that could possibly have any fucking repercussions NOW!? There's no fucking way a medical professional who spent 8 fucking years studying this shit MIGHT know what he's talking about!?

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You're right it is a totally stupid argument. Just not for the reason you think it is.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@believer258

@Alexandru said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Alexandru said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@Alexandru said:

@ZeForgotten said:

, he just wanted to be an ass because clearly he's the one being the dumb cunt in that situation.

yeah

Flawless logic.

I think he might've poked the match so far into his brain that he thought I was actually agreeing with him and not being sarcastic.

if you actually believe that, then you are an idiot

You're right, I'm an idiot. Compared to whatever it is you are I feel pretty great about it

you're awfully happy for finding someone that you consider beneath you

But he's not trying to say he's better than you just 'cause. He's trying to say he's better than you because thus far you've shown yourself to be a grade-A dipshit.

I don't want to make fun of you. I'm not frivolously calling you a "dipshit". I wouldn't do that. But... just... JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, GET SOME GODDAMN HELP. You told a girl to go to hell after she asked you to lunch, you walked out of a doctor's office because he was motherfucking trying to help you. I mean, there are days where I feel like a sad and lonely motherfucker but COME ON.

Fuck! You stuck a goddamn match in your ear two years ago and don't think that could possibly have any fucking repercussions NOW!? There's no fucking way a medical professional who spent 8 fucking years studying this shit MIGHT know what he's talking about!?

"Hey man I know more 'bout my ears than some fancy shmancy doctor guy, mkay?"
AyKay_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By AyKay_47

@Canteu said:

How odd that your General Practitioner would care about you bleeding out of your ear after you jammed a fucking match in there.

Perhaps that match went a little deeper than you thought and touched the rational part of your brain meats.

My advice as a totally legit and licensed doctor would be to jam some crayons up your nose. That should help.

I love it when someone has already said exactly what I'm thinking. It's even somehow more cathartic than actually saying it myself.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105  Edited By Milkman

You cleaned your ear with a fucking match? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By rollingzeppelin

@Alexandru: I hope you realize that you may have caused enough damage to your ear that your body is unable to repair itself over time. If that's the case you will probably lose all of your hearing if you don't get this treated. I work with an otologist and he has performed reconstructive surgery and implanted cochlear hearing aids in patients who have gone deaf having damaged their ears using q-tips, much in the same manner as you've damaged your ear.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#107  Edited By Icemael

If a doctor tells you you should go to a doctor and get your ear checked out you should probably go to a doctor and get your ear checked out. He shouldn't even have to tell you this, hearing poorly should in itself have been sufficient to make you go get it examined.

noextralife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By noextralife

Really jamming a match into your ear didn't solve your problem, you should try a knife, just ram it on in there as hard as you can, that'll fix you up right and good.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@RollingZeppelin

@Alexandru: I hope you realize that you may have caused enough damage to your ear that your body is unable to repair itself over time. If that's the case you will probably lose all of your hearing if you don't get this treated. I work with an otologist and he has performed reconstructive surgery and implanted cochlear hearing aids in patients who have gone deaf having damaged their ears using q-tips, much in the same manner as you've damaged your ear.

Look HOLMES! This guy knows what he's doing. He made sure the match wasn't lit first.
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#110  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@MariachiMacabre said:

@RollingZeppelin

Look HOLMES! This guy knows what he's doing. He made sure the match wasn't lit first.

Only after. It works man!

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#111  Edited By Vextroid

Unless your Doctor is Stephen Brule you should probably see him/her. 

Also

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#112  Edited By ShaggE

This thread is making my ear itch.

Also: Wow.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#113  Edited By TheHT

hey man, if you don't care then whatever. it's your ear.

but in case anyone out there is about to stick a match in their ear, you really shouldn't.

downtime58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#114  Edited By downtime58

@Alexandru said:

@pjacobson21 said:

My diagnosis? A full blown case of first world problems.

I live in eastern europe (Romania)... hardly 1st world...

Second world problems...

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By rollingzeppelin

Just because a match looks like a q-tip doesn't mean it works like one.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@jdh5153 said:

What the f* is a GP ?

Ginger Pubes

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#117  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

This is precisely the kind of information that one would want to share with strangers on the internet.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#118  Edited By crusader8463

@FiestaUnicorn said:

This is precisely the kind of information that one would want to share with strangers on the internet.

Wait till next week when you hear about his reaction to the mechanic telling him he needs to put on winter tires because it's going to be winter soon.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By MegaLombax

Not sure if this a serious thread, but it's hilarious I'll give u that. Also, the argument that it happened 2 years ago and it shouldn't matter now is kinda stupid to be honest.

Look, the GP is just trying to look out for you. If anything happens to you because of said match-stick-ear-jamming action, I'm pretty sure your GP would just say I told you so while you suffer.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By mandude

I'm sorry, but I'll have to echo the general sentiment in here.

It doesn't matter how long ago you did it, if there are problems persisting to the present day, you should probably get it checked out.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By envane

my mum always spouted stuff from this crazy hippie medicine book "you can heal your life" and the studies of this hippie doctor , louise l hay , one of the main things i found ridiculous quackery is the diagnostic section at the end of the book which basicly correlates the entire gamut of psychological conditions with direct associations to physical symptoms etc ..

like , if you have problems with your ear , its because you have things that you don't want to hear, be it criticism or some deeper truths that you are avoiding , and somehow it now makes perfect sense ..

anyway .. i dont want to appear to be picking on the guy at all especially if hes in the same boat as many of us (depression , anger , social avoidance) .. infact i actually did the exact same thing with a match once , but i did see a doctor immediately.

honestly , i completely understand where yorue coming from and what pissed you off about it int he first place , but as many ppl have pointed out , take care of your body man ...thats all i really want to say

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#122  Edited By ki11tank

lol

Avatar image for deactivated-63c9a5152a56a
deactivated-63c9a5152a56a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always love it when someone says "you won't believe what this idiot said" and it turns out that they're the idiot.

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't put weird things into your various orifices. Speaking from experience.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#125  Edited By PandaBear

This post is so stupid I now have cancer.

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By eskimo

@Alexandru: You're a fucking idiot, you damaged your eardrum with your match idiocy and your doctor is trying to save you a lot of grief in future.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By august

So this guy was seeing a doctor and the doctor told him to see a doctor? And he he got mad? And left?

Or something?

CANADA

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By thomasnash

@Erzs said:

Did your GP not look in your ear himself with that little ear instrument thing they have?

Also, my boyfriend damaged his ear years and years ago and he still has trouble with it even now. So depending on what damage you caused you never know if that could have helped towards you losing hearing in your ear. Either way, you should count yourself lucky that your GP actually listened to you and offered advice.

Opthalmoscope. I'm sure you knew that, but I think it's a pretty great word.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#129  Edited By Daneian

I hear you can fix your ear by putting a gerbil in your butt.

*I am not a doctor

Laurentech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Laurentech

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By ShaggE

@Zomgfruitbunnies said:

Don't put weird things into your various orifices. Speaking from experience.

Unless, of course, you're getting paid to do so via webcam.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

That is a stupid argument you had with him, get your ears checked.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#133  Edited By Nev

You're silly. You should heed the advice the doctor you pay to visit gives you.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By psylah

Are you stupid?

I think you might be stupid.

You should see a doctor about that, too.

produceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By produceman

I hate it when people tell me what to do. I'm on high blood pressure meds, and my doctor will just not let it go. He says " your to young for this condition" or "This can eventually kill you." But heres the thing, hes right, because the best kind of health care is preventable heath care. Meaning you take care of the situation while it is just showing one symptom or while a pill or two a day may stave off the bigger issue. Because if you let it get progressively worse then there might not be anything that anyone can do.

This isnt me calling you stupid, or jumping on your case. I honestly can relate to the situation, but preventable measures are the best measures.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#136  Edited By audioBusting

Ears are important (ever heard of vertigo?) and 2-year infections are nasty. You should get that checked out just in case. Also I advise to not use anything like Q-tips to clean your ears, in general and especially after having damaged your ear canal.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By NekuSakuraba

How the fuck did you come to the conclusion that sticking a match in your ear would help at all?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By BisonHero

A match? Really? Why?

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By murisan

Maybe should lock this topic while he's on his topiclock rampage...

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Zekhariah

@Alexandru said:

GP like in family doctor.

So today I was at his cabinet and after talking about some shit, he asked me about my hearing. I then told him that the hearing on my left ear is very muffled and low at which he told me I may need to clean my ear up.

Everything working fine up to this point. But then I told him I attempted cleaning it with a match but I ended up hurting it and making it worse so I stopped (it was hurting and there was some blood). He obviously told me that using a match is stupid, etc, and he wanted me to go see a doctor, which I refused.

And this is where he pissed me off by not shutting up about it. I told him that it's been 2 years since that incident, so it's highly unlikely that something else will happen, but he kept saying that it can be dangerous, etc. I eventually said that I don't care enough and I left.

I just don't get these people that are so obsessed about the smallest stuff and need to urge you to see a doctor. I know he's a doctor himself, but still. Did any of you had stupid arguments like this?

It kind of sounds like you panicked and want to deny any possible harm from doing something that you retrospectively realize was a bad idea.

Maybe go to the doctor to make sure it is not horribly scarred?

Alexandru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Alexandru

You can call me stupid, idiot, etc all you want. You're not gonna make me feel bad or go check a doctor. It's the internet after all, this is why I say this stuff here and not in real life.

If anyting you got me more views on my profile, so thx for that.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By TheFreeMan

This thread is now a piece of beautiful giantbomb history.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By xdaknightx69

@Alexandru said:

You can call me stupid, idiot, etc all you want. You're not gonna make me feel bad or go check a doctor. It's the internet after all, this is why I say this stuff here and not in real life.

i think you need a IQ test, you might be a little retarded.

fRAWRst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By fRAWRst

jesus i kinda hope the match killed you and saved the doctor from having a idiot for a patient

"oh man i told my doctor my foot hurts so i stuck it in a toaster grill to fix it but that didnt work and he told me not to do it again BUT FUCK HIM I DO WHAT I WANT"

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Alexandru

"Hey Doc, my hearing in my left ear is terrible. Could have something to due with my choice to stick a match in there until my ear drum bled? Be careful, if you say yes I'm gonna get delusional and think I know more about health than you."

That's basically a summary of the stupid shit you did. Until you're a doctor, that guy is smarter than you on the subject and this thread made it seem like you're intensely ignorant and arrogant. Have fun going deaf, I guess. I'll certainly have fun saying "I told you so." As will the rest of us.
Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Alexandru

"Hey Doc, my hearing in my left ear is terrible. Could have something to due with my choice to stick a match in there until my ear drum bled? Be careful, if you say yes I'm gonna get delusional and think I know more about health than you." That's basically a summary of the stupid shit you did. Until you're a doctor, that guy is smarter than you on the subject and this thread made it seem like you're intensely ignorant and arrogant. Have fun going deaf, I guess. I'll certainly have fun saying "I told you so." As will the rest of us.

But if he can't hear you say it, where's the joy in it?

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Nadril

Holy shit, you actually stuck a match in your fucking ear to try and clean it out? And then argued with your doctor that it wasn't a big deal? OP you might have brain damage.

Avatar image for gladiator_games
Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#148  Edited By Gladiator_Games
@MrKlorox
@Ghostiet said:

This problem is as First World as it fucking gets.

I'd say it's a second world problem since it relates to this person's health and sense of hearing, but not to his financial state. First world problems would be something superfluous like a scratched iPhone paintjob. Then again, even 'the' first world, USA, doesn't have universal healthcare yet...

So does that mean USA is second world instead? Or is Romania zero world?
Second world is a now defunct term to describe soviet countries that were more advanced than say "stick a match in your ear" rather than first world "stick a q-tip in your ear"
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

-Tries cleaning ear with match

-Ear begins bleeds

-GP recommends and persists on telling you to see a doctor

That is a GP's job, a visit to the doctor isn't a big deal, well here in Canada anyways.

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Hadoken101

Bah, who needs hearing anyways. You'll be fine without it.