#1 Edited by Nate (705 posts) -

So I got some new jeans with pocket flaps and my wife is a little skeptical. I think they're cool, but not sure if I should return them. The ones below are not actually mine, but they are the same jeans - Levis 514. If you consider yourself stylish - weigh in! If you don't, weigh in anyway!  Keep or return?

PS - I tried to make this a poll, but polls don't let you add pictures . . . yet :)
#2 Posted by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -

I don't really care for new fashions and fads like emo kids or the new thing about wearing odd bright colors, and when I do buy jeans I buy the one thats the cheapest and fits lol.

#3 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

too tight

#4 Posted by Pie (7103 posts) -

Too tight for me. I like mine baggy

#5 Posted by torus (1097 posts) -

They look sharp, but it's hard to judge given that it's not on you :P

#6 Posted by Nate (705 posts) -

Too tight? You should see my other pants :) I like them tight. I went through my - I wanna be a rapper phase in high school and college, and now I like em tight! But tightness aside - how are we feeling about the concept of flaps on the pockets?

#7 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

The flaps on the pockets look fine. The pants in general are pretty nice looking too.

#8 Posted by torus (1097 posts) -
@rottendevice: 

Funny, at first I thought your username was 'rottenadvice'.
#9 Posted by baconbits33 (1156 posts) -

hmmm... how old are you dude? Cause if your like 30 somethin then that is a bit odd. Anyways... I personally prefer leather jacket and biker pants, mainly cause I love motorcycles and I know a shit load of bikers. So it all comes down to age in my opinion.

#10 Posted by Smarter_Martyr (592 posts) -

I would have to see your ass in them first in order to form a more... valid opinion.

#11 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

It's what your wife thinks.  Who cares about us :P

#12 Posted by ahriman22 (2746 posts) -

Those look way tight... If I had to wear tight pants and play the drums I would die. I don't know how all those emos do it.

#13 Posted by Rowr (5710 posts) -

take a picture of yourself in underwear and we can mix and match some clothes on you to see what looks good.

#14 Edited by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

Lol at the people who think they look too tight.

You're asking for style tips on a website about video games, this won't end well.

#15 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -
@Smarter_Martyr said:
" I would have to see your ass in them first in order to form a more... valid opinion. "
True that. Also no, they're not too tight. I know tight jeans when I see them and they're definitly not tight jeans.
#16 Posted by Rowr (5710 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
" @Smarter_Martyr said:
" I would have to see your ass in them first in order to form a more... valid opinion. "
True that. Also no, they're not too tight. I know tight jeans when I see them and they're definitly not tight jeans. "
how do you know he doesnt have fat legs?
#17 Posted by Illmatic (1358 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
"   You're asking for style tips on a website about video games, this won't end well. "
The truth.
#18 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Wear what you feel like.

#19 Posted by RetroIce4 (4392 posts) -

I don't like tight pants. Your nuts are being squished. No joke.

#20 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

Return them and buy something less "stylish".

#21 Posted by Brendan (7817 posts) -
@Illmatic said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
"   You're asking for style tips on a website about video games, this won't end well. "
The truth. "

Super true, bad idea from the beginning.  On topic, flaps stick out from a profile view, and hence usually don't look very flattering.  Other than that those jeans look aright, though I am a G-Star and Rock and Republic faithful myself.
#22 Posted by Rowr (5710 posts) -

wear something entirely uncool and then make it stylish with your clearly superior force of personality.

#23 Posted by SinGulaR (2326 posts) -

Wait. You think they're cool but are not sure if you should return them? You're right. Return them and follow my advice since I think it's cool to wear brown potato sack. And since you are someone who doesn't wear what YOU think is cool but what the OTHERS tell you is, I tell you: be cool and wear a brown potato sack. And don't forget the small one to pull over your head. Get some balls dude :D
#24 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

well the pants look nice but i don't like flaps in my pockets. it takes a while for me to get what ever i'm getting out of my pockets longer then just putting my hands in there grabbing and taking out. what other people have said they look tight if that is how u look in them.

#25 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@RetroIce4 said:
" I don't like tight pants. Your nuts are being squished. No joke. "
Nah, bro. If hat happens you're wearing them up too high.
#26 Posted by NickM (1076 posts) -

Dude, you already have a wife, so why care about style? Just get yourself a tank top, a pair of boxers, a six pack, and you're good.

#27 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1789 posts) -
@SinGulaR said:
" Wait. You think they're cool but are not sure if you should return them? You're right. Return them and follow my advice since I think it's cool to wear brown potato sack. And since you are someone who doesn't wear what YOU think is cool but what the OTHERS tell you is, I tell you: be cool and wear a brown potato sack. And don't forget the small one to pull over your head. Get some balls dude :D "
I don't believe that it is about not having the ball. I think he just wants a second opinion. Not everyone who asks for something are scared to be themselves. Sometimes a second opion can help if you are on the fence.  

If you have a wife you are done. Just walk around wearing a Playstaion 2 controller as a neck tie. Now that is fashionable.
#28 Posted by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -
@NickM said:
" Dude, you already have a wife, so why care about style? Just get yourself a tank top, a pair of boxers, a six pack, and you're good. "
^^^ This guy knows.
#29 Posted by Grilledcheez (3948 posts) -

They look fine although I'm not big into "blue" jeans.

#30 Posted by SinGulaR (2326 posts) -
@W0lfbl1tzers:
It seemed to me he became unsure because his wife didn't like his jeans.
#31 Posted by jkz (4032 posts) -

Not a fan of the heavy amount of stitching on the back pockets, I prefer it when that's understated. Otherwise they look fine, not what I wear, but they look fine and good. 

#32 Posted by Creamypies (4070 posts) -

THEY ARE TOO BAGGY!

#33 Posted by CowMuffins (1760 posts) -
@creamypies said:
" THEY ARE TOO BAGGY! "
Says the emo kid.

Truth be told though, to baggy. And the flaps are not cool bro. These are jeans, not shorts.
#34 Posted by Creamypies (4070 posts) -
@CowMuffins: I would respond to that accusation, but I'm too busy slitting my wrists and writing poetry atm.
#35 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@creamypies said:
" @CowMuffins: I would respond to that accusation, but I'm too busy slitting my wrists and writing poetry atm. "
Success!
#36 Edited by SJSchmidt93 (4896 posts) -

Who cares?  

Besides, if you really want to follow style you have to have giant ass rips in your pants that expose your boxers. 

#37 Posted by Nate (705 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" Lol at the people who think they look too tight.  You're asking for style tips on a website about video games, this won't end well. "
Good point. What the hell was I thinking?
@NickM  -- Also a good point, I think I just freed up a lot more money for the video game budget :)  Oh, wait . . . I also am interested in keeping this wife.
#38 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -
@Nate said:
" Too tight? You should see my other pants :) I like them tight. I went through my - I wanna be a rapper phase in high school and college, and now I like em tight! But tightness aside - how are we feeling about the concept of flaps on the pockets? "
its all about the sack space.

those pants just don't do it for me. plus baggy jeans win in terms of comfort