Summer Vacation and Anticipation

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

School is final-fucking-ly over! God. Well, now that I'm on Summer vacation, I will finally have time to myself. How will I spend that time? Reading. First up:

No Caption Provided

The Road by Cormac McCarthy: Cormac McCarthy was the godlike genius behind the masterpiece novel No Country for Old Men and I hope The Road to be his second best. The story revolves around a father and his son as they struggle to survive in a post-apocalyptic world. It's basically Fallout except it's realistic, full of suspense and sad instead of crazy and fun. So far, I love it (except the Oprah's Book Club branding...) and I can't wait to finish it; it's supposed to be a real tear-jerker :). Only 100 pages left.

Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay: Boiled down to it's basics, this book is about Dexter, a forensic analyst for the Miami-Dade police... and he's also a serial killer. Another serial killer happens to catch his eye and Dexter feels he needs to find him so that he can admire his "art."  The premise should sound interesting enough right off the bat, but if that's not enough, you could watch TV show based off the book. I liked the first season of the Dexter series on TV, so I thought, why not? Of course, I haven't started it yet, so here's hoping it turns out well.

And finally,
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand: I WILL FINISH YOU ONE DAY!!!  I SWEAR IT! I've started this book 3 times, and I just don't have the will to finish it. This picture sums it up completely:
No Caption Provided

I mean, what I've read is great and all, but I've never passed page 700. I've never had the time to read this, but now, I'm making time. I will finish this book before Summer's end. I WILL!

I've got copies of World War Z and The Zombie Survival Guide coming my way. Both are really great and I think if you haven't read them, you're retarded. There, I said it.

Second order of business, Prototype. I seriously cannot wait for this game. If I were offered this game today on the condition that I would have to kill someone, I wouldn't do it. But I would do something else, like watch S. Darko or play Leisure Suit Larry or something. Just watch this video and maybe you will understand....

Just when you think it can't get any cooler... it gets cooler.

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

School is final-fucking-ly over! God. Well, now that I'm on Summer vacation, I will finally have time to myself. How will I spend that time? Reading. First up:

No Caption Provided

The Road by Cormac McCarthy: Cormac McCarthy was the godlike genius behind the masterpiece novel No Country for Old Men and I hope The Road to be his second best. The story revolves around a father and his son as they struggle to survive in a post-apocalyptic world. It's basically Fallout except it's realistic, full of suspense and sad instead of crazy and fun. So far, I love it (except the Oprah's Book Club branding...) and I can't wait to finish it; it's supposed to be a real tear-jerker :). Only 100 pages left.

Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay: Boiled down to it's basics, this book is about Dexter, a forensic analyst for the Miami-Dade police... and he's also a serial killer. Another serial killer happens to catch his eye and Dexter feels he needs to find him so that he can admire his "art."  The premise should sound interesting enough right off the bat, but if that's not enough, you could watch TV show based off the book. I liked the first season of the Dexter series on TV, so I thought, why not? Of course, I haven't started it yet, so here's hoping it turns out well.

And finally,
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand: I WILL FINISH YOU ONE DAY!!!  I SWEAR IT! I've started this book 3 times, and I just don't have the will to finish it. This picture sums it up completely:
No Caption Provided

I mean, what I've read is great and all, but I've never passed page 700. I've never had the time to read this, but now, I'm making time. I will finish this book before Summer's end. I WILL!

I've got copies of World War Z and The Zombie Survival Guide coming my way. Both are really great and I think if you haven't read them, you're retarded. There, I said it.

Second order of business, Prototype. I seriously cannot wait for this game. If I were offered this game today on the condition that I would have to kill someone, I wouldn't do it. But I would do something else, like watch S. Darko or play Leisure Suit Larry or something. Just watch this video and maybe you will understand....

Just when you think it can't get any cooler... it gets cooler.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

Have fun reading... damn Prototype looks gruesome and that's a good thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b65f243818c0
deactivated-5b65f243818c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Aw, summer vacation. No school zones for a few months, thank Christ!

I'm glad kids are still reading...my boss loaned me "Jurassic Park" a while ago, that I still need to finish reading. 

Let us know how Atlus Shrugged goes...that still sounds like an interesting read.
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Those are all nice books . You did not mention anything about  any planned trip so I am  guessing you are more into traveling with your mind rather than body which is pretty admiring . Have fun and enjoy all those great books .
PS    Prototype is probably that best game that is going to be released during summer .

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
@daniel_beck_90: ...Well, now that you bring it up, I will be going to Virginia Beach and Myrtle Beach... That's not to say I won't still be reading during those trips but, you know. You can still admire me if you want to.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Claude
Dr_Feelgood38 said:
@daniel_beck_90: ...Well, now that you bring it up, I will be going to Virginia Beach and Myrtle Beach... That's not ... [more]
Dude. I'm from Hickory. Small world.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hickory? Where is that?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Claude
amandackrueger said:
Hickory? Where is that?
I noticed that the OP was from North Carolina, that's it. Western North Carolina that is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OP...I'm too tired to ask what the hell OP means.

Thanks for answering the question.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Claude
amandackrueger said:
OP...I'm too tired to ask what the hell OP means.Thanks for answering the question.
It means Original Poster.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you!

Now I now...ignorance is reduced by 10%.
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
@Claude: Sorry, Claude, I wish I was from North Carolina or anywhere else, really... I live in Ohio (where fun goes to die) and I'm only going to be going up to NC for about a week...
gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By gamefreak9

god u guys are a pain.. how bout some prototype comments?