Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Dallas_Raines
No Caption Provided

Spoilers: It's going to be shitty because ZAKK Snyder is directing.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By gaminghooligan

I was ecstatic and then....

"ZAKK Snyder is directing."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@gaminghooligan said:

Exited and then....

This. So much this.

Snyder is a BAD director. He shouldn't be touching characters and franchises as beloved as Batman or Superman.

Full disclosure...I'll still see this.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By TheHT

Same people writing it? Fuck that.

trav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Who's playing Batman? Not Christian Bale, I'm assuming?

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GabrielCantor

Yup, the fact that it's the same people as Man of Steel basically means I don't care.

It's a shame too, because I fucking LOVE DC and would like to see a decent non-solo-Batman movie get made.

HerpDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HerpDerp

@mariachimacabre:

@mariachimacabre said:

@gaminghooligan said:

Exited and then....

This. So much this.

Snyder is a BAD director. He should be touching characters and franchises as beloved as Batman or Superman.

Correction: Snyder is good at making some dudes fight other dudes, but in terms of story, he gets a little ham-fisted. Be optimistic guys, it can't be THAT bad.

Edit: Can it?

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herpderp said:

@mariachimacabre:

@mariachimacabre said:

@gaminghooligan said:

Exited and then....

This. So much this.

Snyder is a BAD director. He should be touching characters and franchises as beloved as Batman or Superman.

Correction: Snyder is good at making some dudes fight other dudes, but in terms of story, he gets a little ham-fisted. Be optimistic guys, it can't be THAT bad.

It definitely can. He made Sucker Punch.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herpderp said:

@mariachimacabre:

@mariachimacabre said:

@gaminghooligan said:

Exited and then....

This. So much this.

It definitely can. He made Sucker Punch.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Huh...I guess this finally makes that I Am Legend billboard accurate.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

UGH.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YYYEEEEEEEAAAA *Zack Snyder* eeeeaaaaahhh....

Yeah? Might be good. Might be not. Two more years to find out!

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flappy said:

wow totally forgot about that...

No Caption Provided

but yeah, it's totally the same.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flappy said:

You just casually mention this as if that billboard is common knowledge. Were you just waiting for this day to come, so you could say that? I don't understand why you'd specifically keep that billboard in mind otherwise.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By Daneian

That new Batman logo is way too close to this for my tastes.

No Caption Provided

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you had me excited until you told me who was directing it

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@random45 said:

@flappy said:

You just casually mention this as if that billboard is common knowledge. Were you just waiting for this day to come, so you could say that? I don't understand why you'd specifically keep that billboard in mind otherwise.

How weirdly confrontational. I Am Legend is absolutely my first thought when I see that logo.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never had an announcement drop from exciting to disappointing as quickly as this one did for me. I like Zack Snyder more than most people, and I thought Man of Steel was a good introduction even if it wasn't a great film, so I was interested to see him make Man of Steel 2 now that everything is established. So if this project is replacing that, then that sucks. Also I think Zack Snyder is a crappy choice for Batman, he excels at visually appealing fight scenes (if not particularly smart ones), and isn't so great at character development, and that's the opposite of what Batman needs. It's especially troubling that they're trusting him with both at the same time, because even though I like him, I really don't think he has the chops to do this, and if they decide to use him for the eventual Justice League movie, that's going to be super disappointing. I suppose it's interesting that they're willing to break the film formula established by Marvel, but I would much rather have solo films that have nothing to do with each other and one big group film then have all of these character's stories constantly bleeding together. I'm really not so sure about this. I hope they release more information about what this means for Batman's solo films, Superman's solo films, and the Justice League movie.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@random45: Now that you mention it, I think I was waiting for this day on some weird subconscious level. I am Legend was the last Will Smith movie I enjoyed back in 2007 and that billboard always stuck out to me for some reason. It's odd that it managed to stick with me for so long, so uh, thanks for bringing that up.

The worst part of it all? I'm not even a big fan of DC comics so there's no reason for me to remember this sort of thing. Attention to detail at its finest, I guess.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ez123 said:

@random45 said:

@flappy said:

How weirdly confrontational. I Am Legend is absolutely my first thought when I see that logo.

Likewise. I've been waiting for this film since I saw that film

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#21  Edited By Yummylee

Zack Synder's quality as a director is definitely all over the place. His Dawn of the Dead and Watchmen films I think are genuinely entertaining stuff, but then, well, you've got pretty much everything else. Still, I didn't think Man of Steel was all that bad... Guess I'm cautiously optimistic.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flappy said:

@random45: Now that you mention it, I think I was waiting for this day on some weird subconscious level. I am Legend was the last Will Smith movie I enjoyed back in 2007 and that billboard always stuck out to me for some reason. It's odd that it managed to stick with me for so long, so uh, thanks for bringing that up.

The worst part of it all? I'm not even a big fan of DC comics so there's no reason for me to remember this sort of thing. Attention to detail at its finest, I guess.

Haha, I see. It's just odd, I didn't mean to come off as attacking you or anything, sorry if you got that impression.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@random45: Nah, we're good. Even if you came at my head with something, I would've just shrugged it off. No reason for me to get heated over a Batman/Superman movie that I have no real attachment to.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I really, REALLY hope it's good, but I'm keeping my expectations in check.

I did enjoy 300 and Watchmen, but Man of Steel wasn't great, so yeah. I don't hate Snyder like many do, but I still wish it was someone else directing.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Apparently they made a Flash movie announcement, which I'm way more excited about. There was a Batman Beyond rumor going around but that's too good to be true.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'm still just going to hold out for someone to make a good Dark Knight Returns movie.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, fuck.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ez123 said:

@random45 said:

@flappy said:

Likewise. I've been waiting for this film since I saw that film

That billboard is half the reason anyone even remembers that movie nowadays.

I'm still just going to hold out for someone to make a good Dark Knight Returns movie.

DKR is just Death Wish with a cape, so maybe just watch that and pretend Charles Bronson is wearing Adam West's costume. Also get really drunk first.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

You guys are all crazy, Man of Steel is one of the best things I've seen all year. Can't wait.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you seen the animated version they did? I thought it was pretty good.

5Figh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By 5Figh

zak snyder can handle this better than christopher nolan can at least

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#32 chaser324  Moderator

@gaminghooligan: I haven't seen it. I'm pretty sure it's on Netflix, so maybe I'll check it out at some point. I also heard that Year One animated movie was pretty solid, so I probably need to take a look at that too.

bombedyermom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, Snyder isn't that bad. It's just cool to hate on him. Sure, he ain't the best director, but Man of Steel was a perfectly serviceable Superman movie. Watchmen was entertaining, too. 300 was over-the-top dumb in all the best ways. Sucker Punch was a beautiful train wreck, and easily one of the worst movies to come out in the last decade.

The bottom line is, regardless of who's directing, you will all see this movie.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By BaneFireLord

I just want to see this come out the same weekend as Avengers 2.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Superman: "Yeah, I just flew around the world so fast that I time traveled."

Batman: "uhh..check out my sweet car?"

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PLEASE? DC? Please? Just...think about it. For us. We need this to happen. But one note. Don't change the emblem on his chest. The one in the comic is PERFECT.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dumb concept to begin with unless it's a cartoon...

I'm in the same boat with Snyder. I really don't like his work. With the only exception being Watchmen. I don't get why I like that movie so much and hate all of his other movies. Man of Steel was so terrible. It's possibly the first time I fell asleep in the movie theater.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reisz said:

You guys are all crazy, Man of Steel is one of the best things I've seen all year. Can't wait.

I wish I could see the movie you saw, because the one I saw seemed to be scrambled up and/or missing scenes. What a mess.

Fighting was great though.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zack Snyder wasn't the problem with MoS. Some of the flashback cuts caused pacing problems but in general it was a decently directed film. Dude knows how to film other dudes fighting. He also didn't sacrifice good 2D cinematography in making a 3D movie (although I think that's because the movie was post converted).

The problem with the DC/Warner Bros. movies is David Goyer. Since TDK he's been unable to pull the stick out of the ass of the screenplay he writes. Everything superhero movie has to make the statement of "comic book movies can be serious too!" DC doesn't have to shoot broadly and try to go mainstream like Marvel. Still, what he and Nolan need to realize is that it doesn't matter what story elements, themes, and motifs they add to a script; if the source material is about a character that puts on a costume and punches bad guys then the story need to embrace being a little bit silly/humorous.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@milkman said:

Superman: "Yeah, I just flew around the world so fast that I time traveled."

Batman: "uhh..check out my sweet car?"

I believe Batman's response would be "Do you even understand how time works?".

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems cool enough...

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zack Snyder? David S Goyer? Yep, going to be shit.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dallas_Raines

@andorski: The fact that he was a music video director is always painfully obvious in his films, because he clearly has trouble with actors and drawing out emotion.("Sterile" has been a common word thrown around reviews of his films since 300.)

Also, Goyer stopped being Nolan's partner after Begins, with TDK he brought on his brother. Goyer was just an 'idea' man with the sequels.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By benpicko

@andorski said:

Zack Snyder wasn't the problem with MoS. Some of the flashback cuts caused pacing problems but in general it was a decently directed film. Dude knows how to film other dudes fighting. He also didn't sacrifice good 2D cinematography in making a 3D movie (although I think that's because the movie was post converted).

The problem with the DC/Warner Bros. movies is David Goyer. Since TDK he's been unable to pull the stick out of the ass of the screenplay he writes. Everything superhero movie has to make the statement of "comic book movies can be serious too!" DC doesn't have to shoot broadly and try to go mainstream like Marvel. Still, what he and Nolan need to realize is that it doesn't matter what story elements, themes, and motifs they add to a script; if the source material is about a character that puts on a costume and punches bad guys then the story need to embrace being a little bit silly/humorous.

That's not the problem. I welcome any new take on established franchises, as long as they execute it well enough and completely re-imagine anything necessary to make their universe work. The problem is that both Nolan and Goyer are terrible writers.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Fuck you, Zack Snyder is a great director and Sucker Punch was a fun movie.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Sure!

Fuck you, Zack Snyder is a great director and Sucker Punch was a fun movie.

I liked Sucker Punch.

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man Batman/Superman movie that's pretty awesome, oh they even announced a director...wait a minute Zach Snyder? UUggghhhh....his movies range from decent to just plain bad. His movies for the most part look nice but lack so much substance or interesting characters. 300 was decent because the characters were supposed to be one-dimensional. That doesn't work for a bunch of his other movies, like Man of Steel, which wasn't a bad movie, but left me feeling meh.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#48  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Poor DC. They try so hard. This movie is guaranteed money because people still like Batman, but as mentioned above, the whole Zack Snyder part leaves me less than optimistic. At least the action scenes will be well-shot.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

line of dialogue that was read at the announcement

I want you to remember, Clark…in all the years to come…in your most private moments…I want you to remember…my hand…at your throat…I want…you to remember…the one man who beat you.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Snyder isn't a bad director he's simply mediocre; a notch or two above Michael Bay.