#1 Posted by Commando (1877 posts) -

National Geographic did a survey for some new TV show they have. 65% of Americans said they believe Obama is better suited to handle an alien invasion than Romney.

This issue is too important. Forget about the economy, international relations, and the job market. We're talking about being invaded by aliens here. We might as well just end the election on this issue.

So if you're an alien planning to invade Earth, you should hope Romney wins because Obama is ready to kick your ass.

#2 Posted by AjayRaz (12476 posts) -

grr.. i guess 2012 will have to wait a bit longer, then. you've bought yourself some time.

#3 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

I would rather have a guy who has had experince killing people, rather then a playboy. So I agree.

#4 Posted by Brodehouse (10129 posts) -

Considering the President's main role would be public morale, I guess I'd agree. Obama pull out some of that YES WE CAN ... KILL THESE ALIENS charm.

#5 Posted by Village_Guy (2662 posts) -

What?

Oh well, considering that about 20000 Americans buy insurance against alien kidnapings every year if I remember correctly, this might actually be more important than it might seem.

#6 Posted by scalpel (314 posts) -

Obama is cool-headed and confident and isn't a demagogue. People find it reassuring.

#7 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Thanks propagando.

#8 Posted by IBurningStar (2190 posts) -

I don't think it would really matter. Oddly enough, I literally just finished watching this video in which a very smart man had some very interesting things to say about aliens.   

#9 Posted by familyphotoshoot (654 posts) -

I wonder if there's some kind of pool at the White House among the higher ups in the government about how long it takes until a newly elected President asks about Area 51 or who really killed JFK and stuff like that, 

I'm sure there are plans/policies that were written up ages ago for the event of first contact/invasion that get updated every couple of decades.

#10 Posted by Hunter5024 (5963 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

I would rather have a guy who has had experince killing people, rather then a playboy. So I agree.

Obama wasn't in the military ...so secret assassin? Also what if the aliens are just looking for a good time?

#11 Posted by moffattron9000 (353 posts) -

And this is why China will soon be the sole world superpower.

#12 Posted by Tackchevy (266 posts) -

Frankly, this type of question pales in relevance compared to the more pressing: "Who is better suited to handle the inevitable zombie apocalypse?"

#13 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -
@Hunter5024

@Dagbiker said:

Obama wasn't in the military ...so secret assassin? Also what if the aliens are just looking for a good time?

He ordered the assassination of Osama bin ladin.
#14 Posted by camp7203 (120 posts) -

Obama managed to defeat a guy who's life was basically the Dear Hunter movie.

#15 Posted by Voxus (349 posts) -

Someone get Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum on the phone.

#16 Posted by BonOrbitz (2252 posts) -

@0blivion said:

Someone get Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum Norm Chan on the phone.

#17 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

@Dagbiker said:

Mr Magical Underpants got no game either way. 'Bama got game.

#18 Posted by Jayzilla (2571 posts) -

And neither is well suited to handle the country better fiscally.

#19 Edited by NTM (7542 posts) -

@IBurningStar said:

I don't think it would really matter. Oddly enough, I literally just finished watching this video in which a very smart man had some very interesting things to say about aliens.

This really has nothing to do with the thread, but on this video, when you don't watch it and just look at it as is on this page, it looks like the guy on the right is talking to a dude from the early 80's on the left. Like it's some effect put in of old footage.

#20 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

Considering the President's main role would be public morale, I guess I'd agree. Obama pull out some of that YES WE CAN ... KILL THESE ALIENS charm.

In that case maybe you should elect Bill Pullman, he knows all about speeches about killing aliens.

#21 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

:|.

#22 Posted by august (3866 posts) -

And here I thought that Mormons knew a lot more about aliens that the rest of us.

#23 Posted by Brodehouse (10129 posts) -
@mscupcakes said:

@Brodehouse said:

In that case maybe you should elect Bill Pullman, he knows all about speeches about killing aliens.

Maybe I should elect Bill Pullman!
#24 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Awesome.

#25 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

If the aliens in question had any common sense at all, their first targets would be world leaders.

#26 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -
@august

And here I thought that Mormons knew a lot more about aliens that the rest of us.

Especially considering they get to be gods of their own planets when they die. Lucky dogs.
#27 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

Fuck it, I'm voting for the aliens this time around.

#28 Posted by benson (318 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@august

Especially considering they get to be gods of their own planets when they die. Lucky dogs.

Yeah it looks like they already have plans in case of an invasion:

#29 Posted by ProfessorK (829 posts) -

@IBurningStar: Damn, I just finished listening to Joe Rogan's latest podcast where he had a guy on that's into aliens and whatnot. I'm selling him short but regardless it's a small world after all.

#30 Posted by Hunter5024 (5963 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@Hunter5024

@Dagbiker said:

He ordered the assassination of Osama bin ladin.

I guess I thought you meant actually killing someone.

#31 Posted by aspaceinvader (257 posts) -

Why would they want to invade us, earth's a shithole.

#32 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

It's his smile, man. The Obama smile will turn back the alien hordes.

#33 Posted by wewantsthering (1594 posts) -

@Tackchevy said:

Frankly, this type of question pales in relevance compared to the more pressing: "Who is better suited to handle the inevitable zombie apocalypse?"

Another important issue!