SWGEmu

Hopskotch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hopskotch

Maybe you've heard of it, maybe not I haven't been checking on it recently. Anyway with the upcoming death of SWG I would hope they're finally kicking it into gear over there and getting this game done. It's been in the works for a pretty long time, who knows maybe after this "galaxy ending event" there will be new life in the developers.

Just wondering if there's anyone out there who knows about this, I do miss my SWG more than ever.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#2  Edited By Little_Socrates

I haven't heard of it, but I think the end of an MMO is easily the most interesting time period an MMO ever has. The people who stand by an MMO that long take the best aspects of that MMO and play them to extremes; The Matrix Online's roleplaying makes me feel bad that I never gave it a shot, as that's actually what I've always wanted out of an MMO.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By swoxx

I've heard of it, I used to visit a lot after they ruined SWG's combat system, which is a few years ago now. but they never got a server up back then. Good to see they're still kicking.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SamStrife

I stumbled across SWGEmu when I heard people talking about how good Galaxies once was (SWG uses a pre battle overhaul build.) I decided to check it out for myself and see what the fuss was about. It was awful. Just God awful. It was fairly popular a few months back and I suspect it will see a boom in numbers when Galaxies shuts down officially but I cannot stree how bad everything about Galaxies is...at least for a newb getting into it. Maybe when you get in deep it's awesome...it's just too hard to get to grips with anything.

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By DougQuaid

@SamStrife: What you have to remember about Galaxies is that it is an old MMO, and what I mean by that is that it's an MMO that existed before WoW. Everything that is now considered a standard in MMOs just wasn't there back then. You are basically thrown into the world and have to fend for yourself right from the start. If you were lucky, you found a guild that made adjusting to and learning the game a lot easier. It's grindy, the missions were terrible and all the fond memories everyone has of it were because of the game's community.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Simplexity

@DougQuaid said:

@SamStrife:. You are basically thrown into the world and have to fend for yourself right from the start. If you were lucky, you found a guild that made adjusting to and learning the game a lot easier. It's grindy, the missions were terrible and all the fond memories everyone has of it were because of the game's community.

MMOs are still pretty much exactly what you described.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Still_I_Cry

What is this!?

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By JCTango

I played it a bit a while ago - while it is a totally volunteer-driven project, its progress is pretty slow, considering the end of the pre-cu was many years ago. Most of the gameplay from back then seems to work, but there are still some missing features and bugs. It's pretty good if you have any nostalgia for the game at all. Making my cute little mon cal was a great trip down memory lane :).