This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Shemone (3 posts) -

Afternoon Chaps,

Figured I'd give this game as much advertising as I can, and what better place than internet forums? :)

I'm really wanting this game to succeed as I am a major fan of the original Syndicate so much so that I have my Atari Jaguar lurking around just incase I get the urge to play it again

Either way, there is a Kickstarter project which I hope the fans of the original will jump in on and help make happen

[Link Removed]

Hopefully for you other Syndicate fans who were somewhat hurt by the FPS Syndicate this will fill that little hole that was left in your heart.

Regards - Shemone

#2 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2272 posts) -

Loved the FPS, never played the original.

Wish the FPS would've got new co-op levels.

#7 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

There was already a spiritual successor to Syndicate. It was released in 2012 and nobody bought it.

#8 Edited by Shemone (3 posts) -

@evilnights:

That there was. I think the main reason people didn't buy it was because they turned a 2D isometric tactical squad shooter into an FPS then slapped a cyberpunk label on it. As much as the game had it's moments It really shouldn't have been branded Syndicate.

Like I said this is mainly for the fans of the original games (Syndicate/Syndicate Wars) If you didn't play those then all I'll say is, you missed out.

#10 Edited by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

@shemone: But it had a sweet dubstep version of the original theme, so really it was as faithful as it needed to be.

#11 Posted by Humanity (9023 posts) -

@shemone said:

@evilnights:

That there was. I think the main reason people didn't buy it was because they turned a 2D isometric tactical squad shooter into an FPS then slapped a cyberpunk label on it. As much as the game had it's moments It really shouldn't have been branded Syndicate.

Like I said this is mainly for the fans of the original games (Syndicate/Syndicate Wars) If you didn't play those then all I'll say is, you missed out.

That reboot was the quintessential Syndicate experience from a first person perspective. That game was all about big corporations using modded agents to conduct shady operations against one another with little concern for anything but profit.

While it may not have been the isometric squad shooter people were hoping for it did a very good job of conveying what Syndicate was all about from the troops perspective.

Syndicate Wars was terrible, like so many games at that time making the awkward jump to polygonal graphics.

#12 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

I really don't like these developers. I saw their videos and they all seem like a bunch of morons. I won't give them any money.

#14 Posted by Shemone (3 posts) -

FYI I did like the EA Remake of Syndicate and as FPS goes the campaign was a lot more fun than other popular FPS games like COD. Just missing out on a true remake of the original was a sad day

I guess it's similar to Command and Conquer with Renegade.

#15 Posted by Hengst (47 posts) -

Is it seriously just a team of 5 people? It doesn't seem like their studio has shipped a game before either... They list games they've worked on before like GTA IV, Darksiders II, and L.A. Noire, but those were all games with huge budgets and hundreds of developers behind them. Looks like 4 out of 5 of them worked on Viva Pinata: Party Animals as well... They all seem to be developers so I kind of doubt they have any experience managing a budget.

I don't know about this. With only one person from the original Syndicate team, I wonder if these are the right guys to pull this off.

#16 Posted by Fattony12000 (7268 posts) -

I WANNA FUTURE STAB CYBERDUDES UPSIDE THE HEAD AND SHIT.

#17 Posted by Chaser324 (6394 posts) -

Regardless of your intentions, signing up for various internet forums to copy/paste the same message promoting a Kickstarter is spam.

Locked.