#1 Posted by Chop (1998 posts) -

So I need (want) something in between my gaming pc and my iPhone. I'm not up on that particular market so uh, throw me your opinions; I'd love to hear what people who have had lots of experience with this shit think.

#2 Posted by Spoonman671 (4769 posts) -

What do you plan to use it for?

#3 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3778 posts) -
#4 Posted by JayEH (533 posts) -

iPad is never a bad choice if you have the money for it. It would work great with your iPhone But I would wait probably until the end of the year to see if Apple refreshes the line. If you don't want an iPad, I hear the new Nexus 7 is pretty good at a cheap price.

#5 Posted by Chop (1998 posts) -

What do you plan to use it for?

Browsing and watching videos around the house. My phone is fine for when I'm out but when I want to watch something while doing chores or browse while in bed, it's not exactly the best. No games and I don't plan on carrying it around everywhere.

#6 Posted by Kidavenger (3628 posts) -

If you have an iphone already and you are happy with it, no reason not to get an ipad.

I have a Samsung Tab, it does everything I want it to do; expandable storage, very good speakers, it has an IR sensor and it's actually a pretty sweet remote for my TV.

I think the Nexus 7 is the only other tablet worth considering and even then I think the Samsung is better.

#7 Edited by MonetaryDread (2175 posts) -
  • Go with the iPad if you are interested in the apps / games. (I find the lack of flash to be a major setback on the tablet. I purchased a tablet instead of a laptop, for school, and I am regretting the purchase now)
  • Go with a Nexus 7 if you don't care about tablet games. (its also $220 instead of $500 or $1000)
  • Go with a Surface Pro 2 if you have any ideas about creating something (ie. drawing with the Wacom digitizer)
#8 Posted by tsutohiro (364 posts) -
#9 Posted by RonGalaxy (3266 posts) -

The nexus 7 is best for the price and for the amount of stuff it can do. Also, don't fall for the Kindle fire hdx trap. It has better specs, but it's os blows compared to pure android and it doesn't have Google play

#10 Posted by chiablo (999 posts) -

Are you Matt Rorie? Get a Nexus 7.

Are you anybody else? Hold out for the iPad Mini 2 or iPad 5.

#11 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1769 posts) -

@chiablo said:

Are you Matt Rorie (or any other reasonable Person)? Get a Nexus 7.

Are rich and prefer to pay too much for a brand name? Hold out for the iPad Mini 2 or iPad 5.

FTFY :)

#12 Posted by chiablo (999 posts) -

@chiablo said:

Are you Matt Rorie (or any other reasonable Person)? Get a Nexus 7.

Are rich and prefer to pay too much for a brand name? Hold out for the iPad Mini 2 or iPad 5.

FTFY :)

Oh, Hi Matt Rorie. Fancy seeing you here.

#13 Edited by Osaladin (2543 posts) -

I've had the Nexus 7 since it's release and I couldn't be more pleased with it. It's also my first foray into the tablet world, and it's treated me very well. The screen is absolutely amazing, and the size is perfect for me. Throw in stock Android, the price tag, and it's an easy buy over any other tablet in the same size classification.

So basically, unless you really really really want an Apple product, get a Nexus 7.

#14 Posted by DonPixel (2627 posts) -

I work doing tablet/phone apps, IMO iPads are still the best bar none. Nexus is good, but you have to deal with java jank all the time, the windows tablets have the worst ecosystem thou the hardware is OK.

#15 Posted by PenguinDust (12627 posts) -

I am waiting for an Ipad 5. I figured I've waited this long and my very limited experience with Ipads was very positive. They're very responsive while I encountered imprecision with other tablets. I admit I have not tried the Nexus 7, but I am looking for a full size tablet anyway so the Nexus 10 would be the one I look at either way.