• 51 results
JoblessTerence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JoblessTerence

Hey, what's up? I'm just going to skip all the bullcrap and jump right into a pretty weird dream I've been having lately.

It starts off with me in a bar drinking some form of alcohol that has a similar smell to spoiled milk. Moments after, I pass out and wake up in my room. I feel thirsty so I decide to go and get a glass of water. I get out of bed and start walking down the hall to go to the kitchen. I start walking and 30 seconds later I think to myself "This is a such a long walk. What's going on?" So I keep walking and I notice that I keep passing through the same rooms constantly. I realize that this hallway just keeps going and going forever.  I walk into a room on the right but I always reappear right outside the doorway. I wait around 10 minutes in real time, hear a woman screaming, and I wake up.

This has been happening once a week for about a month now and it's been messing with my mind. It may not sound freaky but it's pushed to the limit where I don't want to go to sleep. Does anybody know why I'm having this dream or how I could stop having it?

Have you guys had any dreams that have messed with your mind?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

The one dream that has been seared in my mind since 3rd or 4th grade. I'm running away from shoes that have mouth and, conseqeuntly, teeth. They are just chasing me... and I wake up.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CL60

I remember one dream, because I rarely ever remember my dreams, but I was like..flying around the world, and revolving doors and car doors were ripping peoples arms off and eagles were swooping down and taking the arms. It was fucked up.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Gunner

i keep having a dream about once every 6 months were i fall asleep at work, wake up in the morning with my head on a keyboard to all my co-workers cheering me on for something. I then get up and begin my normal work day only i suddenly appear all by myself.

after a few minutes of working, i drop a bunch of stuff and wake up.

:/ i work too much.

JoblessTerence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JoblessTerence

@Gunner said:

Gunner612 said:
i keep having a dream about once every 6 months were i fall asleep at work, wake up in the ... [more]
That sounds awesome!
Ransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ransom

i had an unpleasant dream the other day...

in my dream, i woke up and tried to get out of bed. couldn't tho because some force held me down. paralyzed, i tried to call for help, but the force suffocated me. about this time i heard a voice similar to the los ganados monks from resident evil 4 whisper a bizarre mantra into my ear.

best dream ever, eh?

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gunner
JoblessTerence said:
 @Gunner said: Gunner612 said: i keep having a dream about once every 6 months were i fall asleep at work, ... [more]
Id have to say that the most awesome dream i have ever had was when i was 6 and i was having a pistol dual with Yosemite Sam (from the looney tunes), the bell rung and he got me first, as soon as i hit the ground, i woke up and had a sharp pain in my chest were i was supposedly shot.
cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By cc23574

In my dream I owned the Dallas Cowboys

One day we will.
One day we will.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By c1337us

I have had a cold lately so I havent remembered any of my dreams for a while.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

My dreams are always nightmares. :/
They usually involve what I am stressing about then blown out or proportions. Just thinking about them makes me depressed. *sigh*

Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Canberra

I'm in a taxi for about an two hours going to collage and back, so occasionally I will se a pretty girl about my age, and without fail i always imagine myself opening the taxi door and stepping on to the road to try and get closer to her, but as the taxi is still doing about 60 mph I always see myself hit the asphalt and break some of my bones or crack my scull, Then i think about something else.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_A_Drain

My dreams would make your head explode.

But i'll tell you a relatively tame, if not kinda fucked up one.

I lived my live. Literally, as normal, except it went on for neary 15 years, I got married, had kids, etc etc. Then one day I just fucking woke up, in my bed, 15 years ago and late for uni. It really fucked me up for a short while.

The rest is shit that would make HR Giger scream like a baby.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MeierTheRed

I never dream, or at least i don´t remember them. I might remember 1 or 2 a year.

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Carlos1408

The past couple of months I've been having many unpleasent dreams, I shall enlighten you to the worst dream I have ever had:

I was thrown into this white room made of rusty metal (which was white too), in this room there was about 10 people and they were all really skinny and i assumed starving to death...A few minutes later the blade of a chainsaw came through the door and started to break it open, then a man in a gas mask weilding the chainsaw came in and started chasing everyone, he then only got me and cut my leg off, I saw this happen in my dream and could feel a sharp pain while he was cutting it. Then suddenly the dream swapped to me being in this refugee place from zombies, i was with a friend and we went into this old rusty hut where there was a pool with really dirty brown water that kept moving, for some stupid reason i decided to go in and was attacked by a massive zombie walruss, i was able to kill it by oppening its mouth more than it should go, consequently breaking its jaw open, however I was cut by its teeth while i did so, i therefore became a zombie myself... and was trapped in a body I could not control, I was thikning i needed to escape but i couldn't move my body , I kept thinking i better get out of here before i turn more people into zombies...I then went out through a door and got out of the refuge and then woke up.

Yeap that's one of my dreams i had about a month and a hlaf ago pretty weird, it really freaked me out for a while, i think it's due to stress of exams and all. but anyways :D

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gizmo

My dreams are usually really dirty.

Carlos1408 said:
The past couple of months I've been having many unpleasent dreams, I shall enlighten you to the worst dream I ... [more]

Sounds like a culmination of Saw and 28 Days later written by Stephen King.
Ryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ryu

I had a dream last night that my football coach, stole and sold my exercise bike that I don't have.

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#17  Edited By ahoodedfigure

@Ransom:
Sounds like you had dream paralysis!  Pretty scary when it happens, usually feels quite vivid.  Used to get that all the time, especially when my sleep was irregular.

@The_A_Drain: Dude, now you pretty much have to share :)

I had one horrible dream where I could see a smouldering inferno which I interpreted as hell, with a bunch of people as far as the horizon all writhing in deep glowing red and black for detail, all trying to crawl up on top of each other to escape the heat.  One of the people there was a jerk I knew from school!

I was fine in the dream world pretty much, although I think this was me interpreting the fever I had in the waking world ;)
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

God, I haven't remembered any of my dreams in months... I remember that I tried teaching myself how to lucid dream by switching lights on and off every time I entered a room so that if I did it in a dream and the lights wouldn't go on I would know that I was dreaming. I've only had like 3 lucid dreams... Shame.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By JoelTGM

I had a dream last night that I biked up a very steep hill, and so today I found myself attempting to bike up two of the steepest hills in this area.  The second hill was so hard and narrow that I had to do wheelies to lift my front tire up and away from the edge, and then my rear wheel lost air because their was so much force on it lol, but I made it up both hills without getting too tired, and without falling off my bike!

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RetroIce4

My dreams involve Oodles and Oodles of O's you know? I get em' from my sister, I get em' from my bro!

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By luce

i keep having this dream where im chasing something but it feels like im walking in water and it frustrates me so much because i can't catch the f*cking thing.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By toowalrus

I had a dream about GiantBomb the other day... Creepy. Brad got fired for giving Velvet Assassin a one-star review. After that, he got hired as delivery driver at my pizza joint, and I was his boss.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#23  Edited By dsplayer1010

In my dream last night, I ate a lot.

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Carlos1408
ahoodedfigure said:
@Ransom: Sounds like you had dream paralysis!  Pretty scary when it happens, usually feels quite vivid.  Used to get that ... [more]

Yea I've had dream paralysis a couple of times, It was really scary appart from the fact that I was halusinating about 2 cats fighting in my room, i couldn't move...When i found out it was a dream and was able to wake myself up I found out that my eyes were already open lol, that was really weird.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Systech

All the good ones have something inappropriate to talk about.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By Brendan
@luce:
O man that walking thing always happens to me, except I'm usually trying to get away from someone chasing me, and then I realize walking's too slow so I start doing the front crawl in the air.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b65f243818c0
deactivated-5b65f243818c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on what I was doing right before bed...work or gaming...

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#28  Edited By MachoFantastico

I very rarely dream nowadays. Not sure why to be honest, just never dream as much as I did when I was a kid. 

I do recall three dreams very alike when I was 6-7 years old, I was in my house at night and there was no one else about. There was this most horrid voice speaking to me and chasing me down, when I ran into the kitchen there was a small little child/lepricorn laughing at me with the same voice, that voice stuck with me for years and coursed two other dreams alike. I also recall a dream where the moon spoke to me, yes kind of  weird I know.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The_A_Drain said:
My dreams would make your head explode.But i'll tell you a relatively tame, if not kinda fucked up one.I lived ... [more]

Now you've intruiged me. Don't stop there!
Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I don't remember too many of my dreams, but I do recall that in many of them I feel like I'm moving through water (slow) while everything and everybody else is moving normal speed.  Maybe my subconscious self thinks life is passing me by?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By Jeust

I dream almost all nights... and there are dreams that literally will shock you for a moment or two, and sometimes they're be recurrent, mas they'll eventually pass.

Many are just a expression of your unconscient fears and dreams.

So don't worry too much... try getting more sleep. :p

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I had a dream last night that a new Zelda game was announced exclusively for the DSi. It wasn't Spirit Tracks, some new game entirely. That's all I remember.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#33  Edited By JackiJinx

I get really bizarre dreams. Really, really bizarre dreams. I use to write them down, but stopped.

Recently, I've been getting many dreams about GB. I think I'd creep anyone out if I gave details, or if I remembered all the details. Memory suppressing.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CL60

Some odd dreams in this topic..

SoulEdgeSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SoulEdgeSlayer

I'm not sure if I just cannot remember my dreams or I don't have them, but I rarely ever can post in these things.  However, I recently had a very creepy one.  I was dreaming that I was outside of my body, and was watching myself sleep.  I couldn't move or breathe, but somehow I wasn't dying.  I was just kinda floating above my bed, watching myself sleep.  I think I was dreaming that I was a ghost.

It freaked me out a bit.  I woke up sweating, and short of breath.  I think I was actually not breathing because of the dream.

RyanD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RyanD

last night I dreamed that me and my asian friend went to the movies and bought tickets to see home improvement which was made into a movie in my dream. but after it was over we left the theatre and we both really wanted to see Terminator Salvation. so we tried to sneak back in by giving are stubs to the ticket guy and for some reason he let us in even though the movie on the ticket stub ended 30 minutes ago. Once we got in again, for some reason my korean friend turned into the guy from slumdog millionaire which at the time didn't seem weird but i kept getting angry because as we were walking to terminator salvation, other people from slumdog millionaire kept trying to get him to go see Slumdog millionaire instead of terminator. after me getting really dream mad, we finally got to terminator salvation that was in the imax theatre for some reason even though we were in a regular movie theatre and i only saw christian bale yell "WERE ALL DEAD" into a walkie talkie before i woke up 

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_A_Drain
Everyones_A_Critic said:
The_A_Drain said: My dreams would make your head explode.But i'll tell you a relatively tame, if not kinda fucked up ... [more]

Ahh well, some of them aren't fucked up in a "Wow thats kinda cool fucked up" kinda way.

Fortunately I often don't remember the truly fucked up once, I just get a sense that something horrendous has just happened and a fading memory for the first few moments of waking. But two I do remember quite distinctly are causing the end of the human race with a breed of Alien ameobas that trick the body into thinking they are red blood cells, only on combination with oxygen they turn to acid, melting you from the inside out.

The other was me murdering some of my closest friends. Not one I wish to talk much about but let me tell you, it's something nobody should have to dream about and remember, no matter how much trouble they cause you sometimes.
NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NathHaw

I actually dreamed before I woke up today that Jeff and Vinny were procrastinating with their social links in P4.  I couldn't figure out why they were just standing there when so much needed to be done.  I mean, we're on a short leash here people as far as time goes.  Get to work!

Anyway, I had several sleep paralysis experiences between the ages of 15 and 25-ish maybe.  I hated them.  Solved that problem with alcohol but created too many more.

Oh, and when I was about three, I used to have this recurring dream where my family was riding in a Jeep without a top.  It's starts storming, and we need to get to shelter.  The home we come to in the dream was our actual home, but in this case its residents are The Three Bears.  They let us in for the evening.  We start to go to sleep in the bedroom, Mom, Dad, and I.  They fall asleep on the bed while I lay awake on a pile of clothes in the middle of the floor.  Out of the closet across the room from the crack in the door reaches a paper-thin hand.  The hand grabs the closet door handle and opens the door.  Like a balloon, the arms suddenly expands to the correct proportion.  The hand belongs to a vampire who runs out of the closet.  He jumps over on top of me and is holding me down and hissing at me with his fangs exposed.  The next thing I know is that he starts tickling me...while continuing to hiss.  Terrifying.  I scream as loudly as I can for my parents to wake up and save me, but my screams are muddled by their exceptionally loud snoring.  I scream and laugh and scream and laugh as they snore louder than I scream, then I wake up.  Hated that dream.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Bloviator:

Sleep paralysis? Is that when you awaken but with a completely overwhelming sense of wrongness, sweating and usually faced away from a door/window and vividly imagining something happening to you?
Edit: And importantly, completely unable to move.

I've had that a fair few times, goddamn those are horrendous.
NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NathHaw
@The_A_Drain:

I suppose that could be one of the different manifestations...or you just got a little too drunk the night before.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Illmatic

Every time, before I get a really bad cold or the flu, I have a dream of myself stranded on this floating pile of lego blocks in a bright, white, open space. Other piles of lego blocks are floating around me and on top of one specific pile, a wolf is seated at it's peak howling up into the white sky. I fall on m hands and knees and get really scared then wake up feeling really crappy. And so the cold/flu begins.

Another nightmare I had recently came about from playing Star Ocean and watching Beowulf. As anyone who's seen Beowulf the movie knows, the first major antagonist is a giant seemingly made of bark and nearly impossible to hurt except through his "ears." On a diferent note, a certain bad guy in Star Ocean that always ticked me off was a sort of bear like creature that always managed to badly damage at least one of my characters. Well, in my dream someone let loose a creature in the NY streets where I used to live and while everyone began to run out of a building, he grabbed a passing man and tore him in half with his bare hands, similar to the first antagonist in Beowulf. After seeing that, I jumped over a fence and ended up in an abandoned building with a few other survivors and told them to be quiet because like all scary monsters, he had amazing hearing and would hear us if we talked.  The next few minutes were of me peeking out of the windows to check whether or not he passed us by and each and every time he was always standing a block away from us pacing back and forth. Then I woke up.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheKidNixon

I had a dream where my church had a big function where a bunch of video game journalists were meeting and having a potluck at my church on their way to E3. Granted, why a bunch of guys who work in the Bay Area were stopping in Austin on the way to LA didn't make too much sense; I think I eventually convinced myself that they had a stop at one of the Dallas offices on the way. Anyway, I remember having a lengthy conversation with Jeff Green about bagels.

The dream went on to have some extended bit about me pissing in the sanctuary during a worship service, it being caught on camera, and me having to be forced out of the church. But mostly I remember talking to Jeff Green.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Illmatic
Carlos1408 said:
The past couple of months I've been having many unpleasent dreams, I shall enlighten you to the worst dream I ... [more]
I just couldn't stop laughing at this line for a good three minutes.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The_A_Drain
nrh79 said:
@The_A_Drain: I suppose that could be one of the different manifestations...or you just got a little too drunk the night ... [more]

Never happened when ive been drunk. Happened a lot when I was a kid, and just once in the past year. But never after I've been drinking, I usually get a peacefull nights sleep (and right through my alarm) after a few drinks. And it takes a fair few to get me properly hungover.
Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So when I was younger I had this really fucked up dream, it went something like this: I was walking down a empty road, and after a while I arrive before a huge mansion, creepy looking, leading to the mansion was another road, and on each side were huge pools with some trees and hippo's in them, then I always stop to look at the peaceful hippo's and right then  I hear a baby cry in the mansion, and then, all of sudden, the mansion explodes and becomes a huge ball of energy with the baby still screaming, then I wake up.

Yeah, pretty fucked

So another one I had one or two nights recently, where it's the zombie apocalyspe, the dream starts out with me being talked to by a firemen witha huge axe, he looks something like the pyro from TF2, so he hands me another big axe and tells me to go and find some survivors. So a walk down some hallways and end up finding one person, a girl who cant walk but says her wheelchair was eaten by zombies or something, after that the she pulls out a gun and shots, and I wake up.

Yeah, that's pretty fucked up too, I only remember my complex and wierd dreams.
NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By NathHaw
@The_A_Drain:

Well, I was making a probably inappropriate joke, because I wasn't sure whether you were quite serious or not.  I really would wiki sleep paralysis if you're wondering about it.  From my experience, it's a moment in between waking and dreaming where the body is still in sleep mode, but the mind is nearly awake.  That's from where the confusion comes, the body paralysis.  Since the mind isn't fully awake yet, hallucinations may occur.  People also may tend to fill in an interpretation of what is going on and almost create the hallucinations, alien abductions for instance.  People swear by their experiences as actual events, because of the realism.   A person feels awake.  Very scary.
Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nrh79 said:
@The_A_Drain: Well, I was making a probably inappropriate joke, because I wasn't sure whether you were quite serious or not.  ... [more]
Yeah I had that too, when those had those dreams I described.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_A_Drain
nrh79 said:
@The_A_Drain: Well, I was making a probably inappropriate joke, because I wasn't sure whether you were quite serious or not.  ... [more]

Yeah thats the shit.

Scary ass stuff it is.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#49  Edited By natetodamax

I recently had a dream involving this insanely hot girl in my school and my friend (fun fact: she plays Xbox with us). In the dream, I liked her and was going to ask her out when she went up to my friend and they started kissing. I went into the school pissed and avoided them for the rest of the day.

I woke up crying. Why me?

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Carlos1408
Illmatic said:
Carlos1408 said: The past couple of months I've been having many unpleasent dreams, I shall enlighten you to the worst ... [more]

I'm glad you enjoyed it lol :P