Talked to my PS3 co-worker "friend" today..bwahaha

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

A guy at work owns a PS3 & we rode the elevator down for lunch together & headed over to the nearby store to eat.  I kind of feel like Senator Palpatine when I talk to him..evil laughter being stifled inside my head.  Last November, he was telling me about how his PS3 had died & he was out for a month. He sent it in for repairs, they sent it back fixed. He then found out that it wasn't fixed & was sent back. I guess 6 weeks to 2 months before he got it back.  I can tell you inside I was smiling with glee like a true Sith Lord.

So anyhoo, today I asked if he was playing anything on his PS3.  "How's the PS3?", I said.

"It's OK.", he replied.

"What games are you playing on it?", I asked.

"Currently nothing.", he replied.

"Why is that?", I asked.

"There aren't any interesting games to play on it.", he said, frustrated.

I kept thinking about all the games that are on the PS3 & just thought it was funny that in his mind, all of these games already sucked.  Howls of laughter inside.

Then he admitted that he was still playing WoW & was really into that. So it sounds like WoW killed his ideas of using a console.  You know it behooves me to wonder why someone that is absorbed with an MMO would bother spending that $400-$650 on a console they never use. Stupidity?  Possible.

I figure one day he'll probably just sell it.  He did tell me he was waiting for the Star Wars MMO.  That sounds a bit like crap to me though, but anyway.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

A guy at work owns a PS3 & we rode the elevator down for lunch together & headed over to the nearby store to eat.  I kind of feel like Senator Palpatine when I talk to him..evil laughter being stifled inside my head.  Last November, he was telling me about how his PS3 had died & he was out for a month. He sent it in for repairs, they sent it back fixed. He then found out that it wasn't fixed & was sent back. I guess 6 weeks to 2 months before he got it back.  I can tell you inside I was smiling with glee like a true Sith Lord.

So anyhoo, today I asked if he was playing anything on his PS3.  "How's the PS3?", I said.

"It's OK.", he replied.

"What games are you playing on it?", I asked.

"Currently nothing.", he replied.

"Why is that?", I asked.

"There aren't any interesting games to play on it.", he said, frustrated.

I kept thinking about all the games that are on the PS3 & just thought it was funny that in his mind, all of these games already sucked.  Howls of laughter inside.

Then he admitted that he was still playing WoW & was really into that. So it sounds like WoW killed his ideas of using a console.  You know it behooves me to wonder why someone that is absorbed with an MMO would bother spending that $400-$650 on a console they never use. Stupidity?  Possible.

I figure one day he'll probably just sell it.  He did tell me he was waiting for the Star Wars MMO.  That sounds a bit like crap to me though, but anyway.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Maybe he should have gotten a 360 instead.  :P

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Vinchenzo

I don't understand why you were laughing. Are you one of those people that ruins movies with your laughter? (Disregarding the fact you were laughing on the inside in this situation.)

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By TheHBK

Uh, blu ray player?  I dont understand this post, but did you declare yourself lord and master of all things PS3?  Do you smile when people here mention their PS3 broke?  Whats wrong with you?

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By killdave

Indeed tell him to get a subscription to blockbuster or lovefilms etc .. that will breath some life into the big black monolith

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By nanikore

OH MY DEAR SIR, WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL US WITH THIS TOPIC?

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#7  Edited By Eder

I would get Gamefly or something

Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JJOR64 said:
" Maybe he should have gotten a 360 instead.  :P "
Or maybe he should just spend that 500 on a new graphics card since he clearly ain't no console gamer. T_T
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iam3green

i just bought a ps3 the other week. i'm getting my use out of it. idk why people think about selling their ps3. there could be other uses for it like bluray. bluray is going to be the future pretty soon. once DVDs came out VHS started to disappear. at my walmart they have big signs for bluray.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Akeldama

so the entire point of this thread is to flame bait? 

Solid. 
Avatar image for wreckinrodrumbler
WreckinRodRumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a shame you can't enjoy video games without having to bash another console.

CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CSXLoser

if hes not planning to use the console, then sell it , wait a year, and spend that money on a sexy next generation graphics card

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LiquidPrince
@Vinchenzo said:
" I don't understand why you were laughing. Are you one of those people that ruins movies with your laughter? (Disregarding the fact you were laughing on the inside in this situation.) "
This.
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zombie2011

Does he know about Home? he could be playing that : )

He should play inFamous.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FCKSNAP

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

When I get into an MMO I feel the same way as your friend, so when Aion comes out in September I probably won't be playing PS3 for a while.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By trophyhunter

so you were being a dick and he was being a moron got ya

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheMustacheHero

When you play a subscription based MMO, you feel the need to play that more than anything else just because there is a "time limit" mind set. You feel like you should play that more often to get more bang for your buck, while on the other hand, a console can wait because you can play that whenever you want. Especially PS3 with their free online services.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By fr0br0
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@Vinchenzo said:
" I don't understand why you were laughing. Are you one of those people that ruins movies with your laughter? (Disregarding the fact you were laughing on the inside in this situation.) "
I was laughing at his poor purchasing decision. Before he bought the PS3, a few of us were already showing him the benefits of the new Xbox.  He was a Final Fantasy geek & loves JRPGs, so that was one reason he bought it. Little did he know that FF & a slew of JRPGs that he wanted to play came to the 360 instead.  So he feels like a moron & I get laugh on the inside at the stupidity.

@killdave said:
" Indeed tell him to get a subscription to blockbuster or lovefilms etc .. that will breath some life into the big black monolith "
Doesn't sound like he uses bluray.  You know the big problem about bluray is that eventually it'll be cheap & mass produced & you'll be able to buy blu-ray burners & copy the movies. So having it early on is only a novel idea for collectors. You'll buy a few bluray movies & then when it runs into Copy->Replicate world, it'll become insignificant. After a few more years I wonder what, if anything, will replace bluray. Perhaps it won't be necessary.

@iam3green said:
" i just bought a ps3 the other week. i'm getting my use out of it. idk why people think about selling their ps3. there could be other uses for it like bluray. bluray is going to be the future pretty soon. once DVDs came out VHS started to disappear. at my walmart they have big signs for bluray. "

DVD is still a widely supported format. Also, people like to use it for backup on computers, recording TV, etc.  I don't see it going away until Bluray is dime o' dozen. That's still at least 5 years away, perhaps longer.  I didn't even move away from VHS until 2003.  Before that, I was using VHS to record TV & Tivo. My old Zenith TV from the 70's had finally died & that is when I launched to buy this massive a/v system that I have now (started working on it 2003/2004).  DVD might be resistant to change, such as VHS was to betamax.  Also, keep in mind that DVD players today that are < $100 can play to HDMI & they have nice pictures.  So much so that some people may not be able to see a difference in quality, or at least it's not that noticeable.
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By DanielJW
@Lind_L_Taylor: Why laugh at this mans misfourtune? He enjoys JRPG's and bought the console to reflect his tastes and was sadly mistaken. Maybe you should inform him that there are several good RPG options on the 360, and he should consider trying to make a trade. Clearly he's upset that he isn't able to play the games he loves, should we all not as gamers know his sorrow? Why do you derrive pleasure from a fellow gamers streak of rotten luck? Perhaps suggest he find a cheap old PS2 and pick up Persona 4, if he hasn't already. It would be in the spirit of Giant Bomb.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JJOR64
@PhaggyBigNastyMcKill said:
" @JJOR64 said:
Or maybe he should just spend that 500 on a new graphics card since he clearly ain't no console gamer. T_T "
Or maybe he wanted to get into console gaming but, really didn't like the PS3.  I have both the 360 and PS3 and I enjoy my 360 more.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@DanielJW said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor: Why laugh at this mans misfourtune? He enjoys JRPG's and bought the console to reflect his tastes and was sadly mistaken. Maybe you should inform him that there are several good RPG options on the 360, and he should consider trying to make a trade. Clearly he's upset that he isn't able to play the games he loves, should we all not as gamers know his sorrow? Why do you derrive pleasure from a fellow gamers streak of rotten luck? Perhaps suggest he find a cheap old PS2 and pick up Persona 4, if he hasn't already. It would be in the spirit of Giant Bomb. "
I laugh because I'm a Sith Lord, you fool!  HaHa!  It is to laugh.  I find it akin to Homer laughing at Ned Flanders in the early Simpsons epsiodes. :D

I don't have to explain the obvious to him. He already knows.  He just has some hatred for Mr. Softy that is keeping him from getting into it.  A lot of people had that initial thought towards the Xbox.  However, other people that I got to try the Xbox were like "Holy Shit. They did a great job with this!"  He knows about all the JRPGs on the Xbox. I knew but didn't have to tell him. I usually let him talk first, find out how much he knows, then I determine whether I will volunteer information.

@TheMustacheHero said:
" When you play a subscription based MMO, you feel the need to play that more than anything else just because there is a "time limit" mind set. You feel like you should play that more often to get more bang for your buck, while on the other hand, a console can wait because you can play that whenever you want. Especially PS3 with their free online services. "

You know $400 on up is a huge up-front price to pay for something you never use.  In fact, one reason I don't play MMOs is because it screws up my ROI on the Xbox. Nevertheless, I still have a subscription to City of Villains (and eagerly awaiting Champions Online).
ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ThomasP

He couldn't find any games he enjoyed on the PS3? That's weird. It sounds like he is addicted to WoW.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ahriman22

The fanboyism is strong with OP.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mordukai
@Lind_L_Taylor: Hey man. If you are so inclined to start a flame war or a ps3 bash war then go over to gamespot. They got a whole section just for that. Go do your trolling there. 
Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JJOR64 said:
" @PhaggyBigNastyMcKill said:
" @JJOR64 said:
Or maybe he should just spend that 500 on a new graphics card since he clearly ain't no console gamer. T_T "
Or maybe he wanted to get into console gaming but, really didn't like the PS3.  I have both the 360 and PS3 and I enjoy my 360 more. "
And I have a 360, Wii and a computer and I love my computer more than 360 and Wii combined T_T
CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CactusWolf
@Lind_L_Taylor:

Good to know that you troll offline as well then, I guess.
FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By FesteringNeon

sounds like somebodies bitter, and wanted someone new to play with :(

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By atejas

OLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLPS3HASNOGAMESENJOYYOUREMOVIESONYFRIENDS599$

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@atejas said:
" OLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLPS3HASNOGAMESENJOYYOUREMOVIESONYFRIENDS599$ "
In the future, this is how we'll all speak.

@Mordukai said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor: Hey man. If you are so inclined to start a flame war or a ps3 bash war then go over to gamespot. They got a whole section just for that. Go do your trolling there.  "
Nah. They're a bunch of bastards.  Too easy to get banned over trivial bullshit.  I had my share of suspensions. So I gave up trying to deal.  But you can go over there if you want to. This troll has found his bridge. ;-)

@bukkookkub said:
" sounds like somebodies bitter, and wanted someone new to play with :( "
Nah, I just wanted to poke fun at my buddy for his dumb buying decision.
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By super_machine

TC secretly craves the power of the cells!

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By subject2change

I knew the PS3 was powerful but damn sony built it powerful enough to be a co-worker. That's insanity, I knew Sony would take over the world one day.

What's there to play on the 360 that is a "new" release that isn't just hours of online multiplayer? Nothing, the summer is usually a dry time for games and in September it will pick up again and i'll be dropping $60+ USD a week for numerous titles.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lind_L_Taylor: Co-worker implies you aren't of a particularly young age, but from your spiel no one could tell otherwise. Why is owning a piece of electronic equipment a competition? It is a platform for playing games on; exclusives have run their course, so that most titles are shared by both with only dlc in dispute; there are few differences between the two. Why not laugh at the fact that he wears one brand over another? It is as arbitrary a reason as the other. In the words of Bale, you are a fuckin' amateur.
Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
@Lind_L_Taylor: Your annoying.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@Subject2Change said:
" I knew the PS3 was powerful but damn sony built it powerful enough to be a co-worker. That's insanity, I knew Sony would take over the world one day.What's there to play on the 360 that is a "new" release that isn't just hours of online multiplayer? Nothing, the summer is usually a dry time for games and in September it will pick up again and i'll be dropping $60+ USD a week for numerous titles. "
I tried to laugh at your weak attempt at humor.  I rarely spend $60. Why the hell would you do that?  If a game takes more than 10 hours to play & you only play in your free time, you'll be sitting on games. Months will roll by & that $60 game you never touched will now be worth $40 & creeping on down. But seeing as how you must be a Cow, throwing money away is something that goes with the territory. *bwahahah*

@GetEveryone said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor: Co-worker implies you aren't of a particularly young age, but from your spiel no one could tell otherwise. Why is owning a piece of electronic equipment a competition? It is a platform for playing games on; exclusives have run their course, so that most titles are shared by both with only dlc in dispute; there are few differences between the two. Why not laugh at the fact that he wears one brand over another? It is as arbitrary a reason as the other. In the words of Bale, you are a fuckin' amateur. "
Yes, I am OLD.  You gotta be old to be a Sith Lord.  Watching a console die I find to be...entertaining.  Is it logical? No. Reasonable? No. Laughable & fun? Hell yes! Hell yes, I say!   And don't quote Bale to me unless you're going to get all gruff-voiced.

@SathingtonWaltz said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor: Your annoying. "
HISSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Believe it or not, the Xbox 360 has had a malfunction or two in its time. If you're a Wii fanboy then.....Well, you have bigger problems than your friend.

You're weird.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Hamz

Flame-bait topics have and never will be tolerated here. This topic has gone on for long enough now, time to lock it down :)