Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are no longer "mutants".

• 94 results
crazyspace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By crazyspace

They are now "aliens" according to Michael Bay who is producing the reboot. Fan reaction has been tense & Bay just responded in the Washington Post saying, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” fans need to chill." Even the voice actor of Michealango from the original 1990 film has condemned this tragedy. You are not supposed to take what is considered a 'cult' franchise now, & make it into Transformers. But you must admit, the 2007 CGI film sucked, so I guess one more can't hurt.

Infinityslimit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Infinityslimit

Bay is an idiot.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jking47

Just looked this up to confirm it, but yeah its true.

Can hollywood just stay the fuck out of my childhood please?

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#4  Edited By psykhophear

OMG! I can't believe this. Michael Bay really doesn't appreciate the fan base and the source material. What an asshole.

And yes, all his Transformers movies sucked real bad.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By big_jon

lol

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Lukeweizer

Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles.

Sigh.

Schatzy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Schatzy23

You beat me to this forum post!!

I saw the video of Michael Bay announcing it would be aliens and i wanted to instantly walk out to my car, drive to where ever the hell he was at, then beat him over the head with a lead pipe. ITS TMNT, not TANT. Jackass Bay. I will not "chill out" when you fuck with the core fundamental of something. Batman's parents are killed in front of him, Superman's parents launch him in a spaceship from their dying planet, Spiderman is bitten by a spider, and the fucking turtles were normal earth turtles that were mutated in the awesome 4 they became.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Toxeia

So aliens, right? So this is now Michael Bay's "Teenage Alien Immigrant Ninja Turtles." Yeah, Michael Bay's TAINT. Buy a ticket.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By crusader8463

Sigh.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By alexl86

Honestly, I'm not so up in arms about that change. TMNT has played fast and loose with space before, it could be a lead in for Krang, and if you look at the state of the franchise, it's not like another movie is gonna hurt it any (let's face it, all but the first movie have been terrible).

Of course, since Bay is the director, this isn't likely to be any better, and I generally find changes like this to be unnecessary.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By GunstarRed

I'm not usually the type of person to get outraged by minor changes hollywood makes to comic book/cartoon stuff... for the most part it's fine (yeah, even the flames on Optimus), but this change is so fucking idiotic. I get that the turtles are pretty hard to sell to a new generation as TMNT (which was awesome) didn't really do for the franchise what I think they hoped it would. It amazes me that someone somewhere thinks this was the answer, edgy, hip, cool aliens because thats what they think the kids want. The part where they are NINJA ANIMALS should be enough. Bay telling the fans to chill is the fucking worst..

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By landon

It's really frustrating when an idiot makes idiotic decisions and then thinks he's in the right.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ssj4raditz
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

I don't get why. It's not like any of us need a plausible explanation. Here, I'll do it right now.

*movie opens with truck carrying toxic waste leaving a facility*

*cut to pet store delivery truck*

*toxic waste driver is dicking around on a cell phone, swerves, collides with pet store truck*

*crash, turtles fall in sewer, get oozed, throw a rat in there somewhere i guess*

That's literally all the explanation I need. Michael Bay is a bum jockey.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I didn't know people took Ninja Turtles seriously.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By landon

Fun Fact: The Ninja Turtles and Daredevil live in the same universe.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#17  Edited By Slag

is there anything Michael Bay can't ruin?

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By sickVisionz

Doesn't bother me. Mutants and saying shit like "gnarly" and "radical" was cool back when TMNT first came out. Unless they were going to make it a retro comedy where these goofy sewer turtles didn't realize that it was 2012, not 1991, I don't see a big issue. This is actually a minor and pretty irrelevant change compared to what the movies and cartoon was vs. the comic. If anything, throwing the source material out the window is a hallmark of the franchise.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@PeasantAbuse said:

They take things they enjoy seriously because it's the entertainment they fall on when they aren't working or dealing with other issues, so when those basic memories of a good franchise are being pooped on, I can see why people have a problem with it. I am not even a TMNT fan, and I can see the hurt, man I never even liked transformers and was pissed off by the bay movies.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#20  Edited By BeachThunder

Well, to be fair; they would be middle-aged by now, they probably aren't real ninjas, and they're actually tortoises instead of turtles...

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@BestUsernameEver said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

They take things they enjoy seriously because it's the entertainment they fall on when they aren't working or dealing with other issues, so when those basic memories of a good franchise are being pooped on, I can see why people have a problem with it. I am not even a TMNT fan, and I can see the hurt, man I never even liked transformers and was pissed off by the bay movies.

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.

It's like all the changes exist because he thinks they sound cool.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BrockNRolla

@jking47 said:

Can hollywood just stay the fuck out of my childhood please?

Agreed.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By Sackmanjones

It says mutant in the name. IN THE NAME! 
It says mutant in the name. IN THE NAME! 
GooieGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GooieGreen

So basically, Michael Bay wants to be the show runner for Doctor Who.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FengShuiGod

I just don't understand why. I mean, I'm no TMNT fan and have no vested interest in the series, but why? Changing their origin story so fundamentally just seems totally superfluous and uncaring and alienating and stupid. Whatever, it's a Michael Bay film, I'm sure it will be a classic anyways, amirite?

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

There's an entire generation out there that desperately needs to put aside childish things and grow up. Michael Bay is helping make that happen, and I support him.

crazyspace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By crazyspace

Grow up? The original 1990 TMNT film was a very Adult-Themed movie. There was adult language, April wasn't wearing a bra, & the turtles actually used their weapons. Bay's film will be under "Nickolodean".

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#28  Edited By Sooperspy

Who would put Michael Bay as the head for a TMNT movie. TMNT don't have tons of explosions. So dumb.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SexyToad

I don't even like tmnt much. Oh I mean tant.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By BoG

Mr. Bay, please retire.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dalai
@BeachThunder said:

Well, to be fair; they would be middle-aged by now, they probably aren't real ninjas, and they're actually tortoises instead of turtles...

Middle-Aged Alien Fake Ninja Tortoises doesn't have a good ring to it... although there must be some MAAFNT fans around here.
mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#32  Edited By mesoian

Dude, fuck Micheal Bay. All good will he created with Bad Boys is now revoked. He is steadily approaching Uwe Boll levels or terrible

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mesoian

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

There's an entire generation out there that desperately needs to put aside childish things and grow up. Michael Bay is helping make that happen, and I support him.

No, he's just making it so you actually can't go home again.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

@crazyspace said:

Grow up? The original 1990 TMNT film was a very Adult-Themed movie. There was adult language, April wasn't wearing a bra, & the turtles actually used their weapons. Bay's film will be under "Nickolodean".

It's kind of adorable that you think there's that much of a difference. "The movie was aimed at thirteen-year-olds, this'll be more like for ten-year-olds!"

Look guys, I liked the Ninja Turtles when I was thirteen too. But I'm thirty-two now. I really don't understand why anyone would give a shit about something like this anymore. Either you're too young to have grown up with it, or you're too old to have any reason to care. I don't understand it at all.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JJOR64
No Caption Provided
EmuLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By EmuLeader

When he says fans "need to chill." He means "when this is done, I'm going to make so much money I won't have to care about your opinions on your beloved franchises." His formula:

1) Find popular older franchise with huge potential fan base

2) Make more explosions and slo-mo more important than the actual plot

3) Laugh as sales spit in the faces of terrible reviews

4) Repeat

Ketchupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ketchupp

They're probably allergic to pizza as well.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mesoian

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

@crazyspace said:

It's kind of adorable that you think there's that much of a difference. "The movie was aimed at thirteen-year-olds, this'll be more like for ten-year-olds!"

Look guys, I liked the Ninja Turtles when I was thirteen too. But I'm thirty-two now. I really don't understand why anyone would give a shit about something like this anymore. Either you're too young to have grown up with it, or you're too old to have any reason to care. I don't understand it at all.

That reasoning doesn't make any sense. That's like saying, "They changed the recipe for the chocolate ice cream you liked as a kid so it tastes like pine needles! I don't see what the big deal is, you're either so young you don't remember when the ice cream was good or you're so old, you shouldn't care that the ice cream is bad because you have other things to do as an adult"

Even as an adult, things you like as a kid don't suddenly change. Most shows I watched when I was a kid are still pretty fun to watch today. I just finished rewatching Reboot again and that show, absurd as it is, is still totally entertaining. So yeah, while I'm not saying you should go out and petition against it, it's totally valid when someone tries to take a dump on something you remember fondly.

I grew up watching transformers. The most disappointing thing about Bayformers is that the first 20 minutes of Transformers 1 is perfectly fine. It's everything after that point, pissing robots, breakdancing robots, robots sneaking through gardens, repetitive minstrel comedy, catering to Chiwawahs because "AREN'TTHEYHILARIOUS?!?!?!?!?!" that's what makes it suck. It's not the premise or the action, those things are fine. It's the fucking idiotic slapstick meant for little kids that even little kids roll their eyes at. My 6 year old nephew Guffah'ed at how retarded Transformers 2 was.

Micheal Bay should be consulted for 1 thing and one thing only, action scenes. He cannot do anything else and when he tries, the results are disastrous.

But this movie will make more than all 3 transformers movies combined, because people will pay for anything these days.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#39  Edited By JasonR86

Because 'alien' is much more credible then 'mutant'. Also, telling long time fans to "chill" is a great way to win them over. Great job Bay. Keep up the good work.

Dumbass.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MrKlorox

Michael Bay has no more integrity than Uwe Boll when it comes to source material.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41  Edited By viking_funeral

How does it help? Can they not tell the story without making them aliens? Work with the franchise, not against it. Damn.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By yukoasho

You know, I've just realized something.

Michael Bay is what Uwe Boll would be with unlimited money.

And we still pay attention to him.... Why?

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By iam3green

wow that is stupid of him. it is ruining my childhood :(

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#44  Edited By Hailinel

Reading about this news today just made me sigh in disgust. The characters are a part of my childhood more than the Transformers are, and it would be a shame to see them bastardized by Bay's utter incompetence.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Xeiphyer

They take popular franchises from our childhoods, then turn em into movies, nostalgia and curiosity pull everyone to the theatres. People hear the movie is bad and then want to go see for themselves. In the end he makes like $500 million. Hollywood has done it for years and years.

Vote with your dollar, Bay doesn't give a fuck about anyone complaining on the internet. 

Willtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Willtron

He needs to get fucked in the ass with sai, katanas, a staff, and nunchaku.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47  Edited By Marz

wtf :(

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Lukeweizer said:

Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles.

Heroes in Venusian Chitin.  Alien Power!  *Sponsored by Alienware*
Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Vorbis

As a medically diagnosed mutant I find this offensive against my people.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#50  Edited By Green_Incarnate

LOL, what if the teenage mutant turtles were really just time travelers. The turtles just think they're from another planet, but they're really from earth's distant past. Then at the end of the movie michelangelo would be like: " YOU BLEW IT UP! DAMN YOU. DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL".