Tempting myself to buy a Pioneer DVL-909 LD player, should I?

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Currently I have a low-to-mid range Pioneer LD player, nothing special, but it does the job. Have a chance to pick up a Pioneer DVL-909 (auto-flipper, separate DVD tray, component and optical outs) locally for $130. These seem to go for $150 on EBay, so I'm going back and forth over whether or not to snag this one.

I told my wife and she just shook her head. "It's your money." I still have a stack of around 35 LD movies, so I can either stick with what I got and always get up halfway through the movie, or I can splurge a little on this baby and live the life of early-mid 1990s luxury.

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SpaceRunaway

I'd say go for it!  I have a Pioneer 'commercial' grade player, but I've always been awed by the top shelf LD models.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#3  Edited By Kidavenger

I think if you took that $130 and added what you could get if you sold your player and the 35 disks you have; you'd probably have enough to replace them all with bluray copies.

If you are just doing it for the fun of it, go for it, not enough money to worry about.

GiantGUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By GiantGUS

Go for it. Sell your current player and ENJOY THE SHIT OUT OF THE DISC FLIPPIN' BEAST!

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By IkariNoTekken

Was just about to sign off for the night, but had to stop and post.

I own a CLD series player myself but I've seen DVL players in action and they are great. Amazing piece of kit that and that price seems far too good to past up. Buy it!!!