Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

Edited By gingertastic_10

No Caption Provided

Salvation has outstanding visuals
2000 marked the directorial debut for Joseph Nichol, aka McG. He directed the Charlie's Angels movies. So i find it odd to choose him to direct a movie, whos predessors were so full of over the top action. His other credits is producer of the tv show Supernatural. Which i am a huge fan of. That drawed me in to see this movie. Well not just that, im a huge fan of Christian Bale, that helps also. While the outcome might not be the what some would expect.

So the story. It starts in 2003, it shows Marcus Wright (Sam Worthington) on death row. Dr. Serena Kogan walks into his cell, and asks him to donate his body to
you gotta shoot 'em in the head...fallout 3 reference
Cyberdyne Systems, for medical research, he agrees. Marcus is killed by lethal injection. Then it jumps to 2018, where you see John Conner (Christian Bale). Him and more of the Resistance are attacking a Skynet base, where they find that Skynet is developing a new type of machine. The place blows, Conner is the only surviver. Marcus, body was based inside the Skynet base, comes out and heads toward LA. Conner heads toward the Resistance Base, which is cleverly based on a submarine. He is told of a new technology that will shut down all the machines, Conner decides to test it himself. After that Connor finds out that the Resistance is going to kill its top commandos in four days, Connors name is second on the list. The first name is Kyle Reese (Anton Yelchin).

After that point the story is pretty bad. Reese is from the first, so he is Connors dad. Connor has to find Reese. Because if Reese dies, John Connor isnt born, and the Resistance will fall. Thats something i didnt understand until i read it online, since i havent seen the first Terminator movie. When i was watching the movie, i didnt know that, so before i read that, i thought the story was horrible. So i recommend you see the others, if you dont you might end up like me and be lost.

While the story doesnt really unfold very clean, the movie really relies on its action. It delivers, and thats something you expect from the franchise. Chantal Feghali does a amazing job on the visuals of this movie, he also did the visuals on Cloverfield. Never in this movie did i think that a explosion was fake, or was made with cg. The sound which was done by Ron Bartlett and D. M. Hemphill make every explosion come to life. All the machines give off this low pitched sound, kind of like the sound the aliens made in War of the Worlds. I think the visuals are the strongest part of the movie. Its what youd think of when you picture Earth after Judgment Day. It reminds me of Fallout 3. Just nothing but brown, grey colors, and buildings crushed every where, cars rusting on the roads. Just beautiful.

Even John Connors trying to make sence of what the hell is going on
The acting is another one of the strong points of the movie. Christian Bale is great as youd come to expect from him. This is also my first movie i have seen Sam Worthington in. I must say im impressed by him, he shows emotion well, and he has to act well in this movie. If he doesnt it would probably have tanked. See, Salvation focuses more on Marcus's character and his struggle to find himself. Conner pretty much is a side character for most of the movie. Anton Yelchin, who was in Charlie Bartlett and the new Star Trek movie, does a good job as well.

So all in all, Terminator Salvation is saved by its great acting and fantastic visuals. While the story doesnt deliver, its can be over looked thanks to the fantastic other peices of this movie.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By gingertastic_10

No Caption Provided

2000 marked the directorial debut for Joseph Nichol, aka McG. He directed the Charlie's Angels movies. So i find it odd to choose him to direct a movie, whos predessors were so full of over the top action. His other credits is producer of the tv show Supernatural. Which i am a huge fan of. That drawed me in to see this movie. Well not just that, im a huge fan of Christian Bale, that helps also. While the outcome might not be the what some would expect.

So the story. It starts in 2003, it shows Marcus Wright (Sam Worthington) on death row. Dr. Serena Kogan walks into his cell, and asks him to donate his body to
Cyberdyne Systems, for medical research, he agrees. Marcus is killed by lethal injection. Then it jumps to 2018, where you see John Conner (Christian Bale). Him and more of the Resistance are attacking a Skynet base, where they find that Skynet is developing a new type of machine. The place blows, Conner is the only surviver. Marcus, body was based inside the Skynet base, comes out and heads toward LA. Conner heads toward the Resistance Base, which is cleverly based on a submarine. He is told of a new technology that will shut down all the machines, Conner decides to test it himself. After that Connor finds out that the Resistance is going to kill its top commandos in four days, Connors name is second on the list. The first name is Kyle Reese (Anton Yelchin).

After that point the story is pretty bad. Reese is from the first, so he is Connors dad. Connor has to find Reese. Because if Reese dies, John Connor isnt born, and the Resistance will fall. Thats something i didnt understand until i read it online, since i havent seen the first Terminator movie. When i was watching the movie, i didnt know that, so before i read that, i thought the story was horrible. So i recommend you see the others, if you dont you might end up like me and be lost.

While the story doesnt really unfold very clean, the movie really relies on its action. It delivers, and thats something you expect from the franchise. Chantal Feghali does a amazing job on the visuals of this movie, he also did the visuals on Cloverfield. Never in this movie did i think that a explosion was fake, or was made with cg. The sound which was done by Ron Bartlett and D. M. Hemphill make every explosion come to life. All the machines give off this low pitched sound, kind of like the sound the aliens made in War of the Worlds. I think the visuals are the strongest part of the movie. Its what youd think of when you picture Earth after Judgment Day. It reminds me of Fallout 3. Just nothing but brown, grey colors, and buildings crushed every where, cars rusting on the roads. Just beautiful.

The acting is another one of the strong points of the movie. Christian Bale is great as youd come to expect from him. This is also my first movie i have seen Sam Worthington in. I must say im impressed by him, he shows emotion well, and he has to act well in this movie. If he doesnt it would probably have tanked. See, Salvation focuses more on Marcus's character and his struggle to find himself. Conner pretty much is a side character for most of the movie. Anton Yelchin, who was in Charlie Bartlett and the new Star Trek movie, does a good job as well.

So all in all, Terminator Salvation is saved by its great acting and fantastic visuals. While the story doesnt deliver, its can be over looked thanks to the fantastic other peices of this movie.

No Caption Provided

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RetroIce4

LOL, NO TERMINATOR! (I did enjoy the movie but that is what pissed me off. There wasn't ONE until *spoilers* appeared.)

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By BigBoss1911

I completely agree.Story kinda sucked,but there was plenty of well made action scenes.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

Nice review! I need to see it.

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By pirate_republic

Nice review.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

Good review, sir.

I enjoyed the movie a lot, and I don't understand why people have to throw it under the wheels the way they've done.  I also enjoyed the references to the original movies...like "You Could Be Mine" playing as a way of getting the motorcycle Terminator to come after John Connor.  I chuckled at it in the theatre, and NO ONE ELSE got the reference.  = D  I was happy.

Also, here's a review of the game for you:  it's worth 1,000 easy achievement points.  The end.
Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gingertastic_10
jakob187 said:
Good review, sir.I enjoyed the movie a lot, and I don't understand why people have to throw it under the ... [more]
i loved when connors wife asks him "what do i tell your men when they see your gone" and connor says...I'll be back...they just had to throw that in there lol