Terrorist attacks in Russia

• 65 results
Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@dudeglove: Putin knows how to get those jobs! 120,000? I want some of that shit.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@alwaysbebombing said:

@thedudeofgaming said:

@alwaysbebombing said:

Putin is already so close to tipping the scales to being another Stalin. (Though some have argued he's already there) He's going to do something real stupid soon.

Yup. He already sent millions of people to their deaths in gulags, and purged an incredible number of his perceived political adversaries as well as creating and maintaining a cult of personality.

Care to rephrase your post?

No, I'm going to keep it. He's destroyed what little democracy they had left. Pretty much anyone in a major political position is his best buddy. He's changed the rules to allow himself even more political might and stay leader as much as he wanted. He's massacred innocent people who wanted their independence, instead of just making SAR's like China did. Anyone who stands up to him lands in prison as a political prisoner. Not to mention a big part of his platform is just passing laws to thumb his nose at the West. The man is a dangerous, arrogant, leader who does not care about the Russian people in anyway.

No, he doesn't do as west dictates. That's what makes him dangerous. I'm sure you'd love to see another puppet like Yeltsin in power. Never going to happen again. If people who elected Bush, twice, not once tell you something is wrong, you must be doing something right.

Massacred innocent people who wanted their independence?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_hostage_crisis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis

That's how they went about it, got what they deserved. Also I guess that saying rings true "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter." I'll make sure to take special note, and quote it when someone attacks the US again. If you cared to read the update in the main post, you'd see that right after Russia the US is the next primary target for the radicals.

But seriously, how DO you distinguish between terrorists and freedom fighters? When my country was ruled by the Nazis, a resistance movement emerged. The resistance was opposed and denounced by those in power and I can't say that many people thought highly of the resistance since their involvement would usually cause great trouble for bystanders. Some of the more wide-scale actions of this resistance movement involved what we would now surely label as 'terrorist actions' to undermine the Nazi regime--bombing government buildings or supply roads, for example. And you know what? I'm glad that they did.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

@truthtellah said:

@thedudeofgaming said:

It's time for Putin to bring the hammer down, again. Just my personal opinion. Anyway just thought I'd share, seeing as how I didn't see a thread about this.

It's not time for that. That is what this is all about. A repressive regime pushing desperate people to resort to terrorism.

The answer to what is wrong isn't to hurt innocent civilians, and these terrorist attacks are absolutely reprehensible. But the response to them should not be for Putin to tighten his grip even further. That would be the worst response, not only for hurting average Russian citizens even further, but also because it would likely just inspire more attacks like this.

Russia doesn't need any more of a hammer coming down. They need serious reforms.

First off, it depends on the intensity of the attack. If you make it clear to the terrorists that any attack will cost them far more than Russia, they'll either stop or be eradicated.

Secondly, what of the repression of Iraq and Afghanistan? Maybe they should make a couple of attacks on US targets, so people can hear their cry for help?

Might makes right.

You know that people from these regions have been fighting for really long and they won't stop even when Putin or some other dictator will bring all the hammers down.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By ZolRoyce

Might makes right.

No Caption Provided

You are obviously a very angry person, and I wouldn't expect anything else from someone whose fellow people have been attacked and killed, but you are saying some very horrible things due to that anger.
When in a state of anger have you ever known someone to do the right thing? The terrorists are angry, they killed innocent people, if Putin gets angry, he'll harm innocent people and the cycle will continue for forever.

mina_mina752

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

same here in egypt the terrorist group 'muslim brotherhood' is tearing egypt apart...almost every day they attack army outposts

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@dudeglove: Putin knows how to get those jobs! 120,000? I want some of that shit.

So what your saying is you want to be 'Spook'in with Putes?'

*Instantly apologies for flippancy on a very serious matter.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You have to realize that the assholes who supported Bush's pointless and horrifying attacks on Iraq and Afghanistan... were saying the exact things you're saying now. And using the exact same justifications you are using now. They wouldn't be the ones telling you that you're wrong. They're on your side, dude.

"Kill 'em all!", "Nuke their asses!" are just some of the phrases I'd hear (living in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, not even a very conservative place) a whole bunch around 2002 - 2004/5. From what you're saying here, I feel like you see America or Americans as antagonists, but these ignorant masses were the ones clamoring for Bush (and yes, Obama) to "drop the hammer" on the middle east. So maybe think about all you have in common with those you criticize.

As others have said, "Violence begets violence." These horrible attacks happen because of what happened to them, and what happened to them, and what happened to them. More subjugation and oppression and what ever you think "dropping the hammer" means, is the guaranteed way sure ensure this will all happen again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I don't want to grab whole quote blocks, but I agree and you are making sense.

@rvone said:

But seriously, how DO you distinguish between terrorists and freedom fighters?

The side that is willing to kill innocent civilians and spread fear in order to force those people to obey them are terrorists. If the French Resistance were burning down innocent people's homes and kidnapping civilians off the street and executing them in order to make the French population too scared to submit to the Nazis, they would be in the wrong and they would be terrorists.

mina_mina752

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"why people like to kill them selves?" as an arab the answer for this question is so easy for me... most muslim men believe that they will get thousands of hoor (very beautiful women who lives in paradise) and rivers of ‏wine that can't get them drunk after they die, so they happily turn their selve into gibs in the favor of these things (which any sane person can relize it's a scam and does not exist)

"why russia is targeted by arabian suicide bombers?" becoz russia is sided with alassad in syria which angers many jihadist groups (qaeda, wahabi, hamas, etc...)

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

1. All this happening right before the Olympics? Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat.

2. I don't know what's more disturbing: the attack itself or all of the people outside that just keep on walking like nothing happened. Holy shit, if that happened, I'd be trying to make sure people were alright, doing the kind of thing that most humans do and helping people. What the fuck is wrong with those people?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

"why people like to kill them selves?" as an arab the answer for this question is so easy for me... most muslim men believe that they will get thousands of hoor (very beautiful women who lives in paradise) and rivers of ‏wine that can't get them drunk after they die, so they happily turn their selve into gibs in the favor of these things (which any sane person can relize it's a scam and does not exist)

"why russia is targeted by arabian suicide bombers?" becoz russia is sided with alassad in syria which angers many jihadist groups (qaeda, wahabi, hamas, etc...)

Except in Islam suicide is clearly prohibited and sends you straight to hell. Whoops.

mina_mina752

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheHT u kidding 0.o ? they don't take it as 'suicide' they take it as 'JIHAD'...they are brainwashed