Teru_Murasame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Teru_Murasame

The Sad Poetic Braindump of a Lovesick Man

So tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Whoop-de-freakin'-do! You know what I'm gonna do tomorrow for Valentine's Day? For one, I'm gonna hop on MSN and have a horribly depressing chat with my girlfriend who's 2,000 miles away in Norway. Second, I'm gonna whore around Giant Bomb, because I just freakin' love this place THAT much. To top it all off, I'm gonna pleasure myself with tons of crazybloodyparkouraction resulting from a certain parasitic dickhole by the name of Alex Mercer in "Prototype". Heh, there's no doubt that I would unleash an epic virus like that if I was super pissed off. Hallmark, I have your damn number...

Obviously, we're no strangers to pricks in video games. RPGs made that perfectly clear, as well as the insane amount of 12-year-olds who keep kicking my ass at "Modern Warfare 3". What's intriguing to me is how these CG-animated assholes fare with other members in a party/clan/posse etc. The main characters from "Borderlands" serve as an example of 4 show-offy, egotistical badasses melding together into one solid unit. I am also gonna paint the target on my head when I mention the relationship between Cloud and Tifa from "Fina Fantasy VII". Sure, we all know that Cloud was a genetically-engineered supersoldier working for the uberdicks at Shinra, but it's the somewhat emo-depressive way he comes off when he's around Tifa. Dude, she wants you. You want her. Stop denying it! You've been friends for how long? It's no secret that you two were meant to be together, fanservice be damned! Speaking of dicks in "Final Fantasy VII", do I need to mention Sephiroth? Didn't think so...

Okay, back on topic, we need to dive further into "Prototype". More specifically, we need to dive into the relationship between Alex and his sister Dana. Was it just me, or did the virus form of Alex care more about his sister than the actual human Alex did? I mean sure, he was the only parental figure she had, but I just see more humanity in the virus than I do in the actual Human. Call me a cynic, call me a pessimist, even call me a misanthrope. I am all of those things...

To wrap this all up, I will say this: Alex had his reasons for doing what he did, and that's A-OK. As I await the release of "Prototype 2", I hope to learn more about our boy Mercer as well as the newbie Heller. Maybe Alex will come to terms with what he did and offer a valiant sacrifice at the end of the game. Who knows? I'm sure that underneath his reanimated corpse, amidst the Blacklight virus flowing through his veins, there is a shred of love and compassion buried somewhere beneath it all. When I fire up my PS3 and take yet another playthrough of "Prototype", my heart will be warm and fuzzy as I rip a Special Forces soldier in half...

Teru_Murasame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Teru_Murasame

The Sad Poetic Braindump of a Lovesick Man

So tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Whoop-de-freakin'-do! You know what I'm gonna do tomorrow for Valentine's Day? For one, I'm gonna hop on MSN and have a horribly depressing chat with my girlfriend who's 2,000 miles away in Norway. Second, I'm gonna whore around Giant Bomb, because I just freakin' love this place THAT much. To top it all off, I'm gonna pleasure myself with tons of crazybloodyparkouraction resulting from a certain parasitic dickhole by the name of Alex Mercer in "Prototype". Heh, there's no doubt that I would unleash an epic virus like that if I was super pissed off. Hallmark, I have your damn number...

Obviously, we're no strangers to pricks in video games. RPGs made that perfectly clear, as well as the insane amount of 12-year-olds who keep kicking my ass at "Modern Warfare 3". What's intriguing to me is how these CG-animated assholes fare with other members in a party/clan/posse etc. The main characters from "Borderlands" serve as an example of 4 show-offy, egotistical badasses melding together into one solid unit. I am also gonna paint the target on my head when I mention the relationship between Cloud and Tifa from "Fina Fantasy VII". Sure, we all know that Cloud was a genetically-engineered supersoldier working for the uberdicks at Shinra, but it's the somewhat emo-depressive way he comes off when he's around Tifa. Dude, she wants you. You want her. Stop denying it! You've been friends for how long? It's no secret that you two were meant to be together, fanservice be damned! Speaking of dicks in "Final Fantasy VII", do I need to mention Sephiroth? Didn't think so...

Okay, back on topic, we need to dive further into "Prototype". More specifically, we need to dive into the relationship between Alex and his sister Dana. Was it just me, or did the virus form of Alex care more about his sister than the actual human Alex did? I mean sure, he was the only parental figure she had, but I just see more humanity in the virus than I do in the actual Human. Call me a cynic, call me a pessimist, even call me a misanthrope. I am all of those things...

To wrap this all up, I will say this: Alex had his reasons for doing what he did, and that's A-OK. As I await the release of "Prototype 2", I hope to learn more about our boy Mercer as well as the newbie Heller. Maybe Alex will come to terms with what he did and offer a valiant sacrifice at the end of the game. Who knows? I'm sure that underneath his reanimated corpse, amidst the Blacklight virus flowing through his veins, there is a shred of love and compassion buried somewhere beneath it all. When I fire up my PS3 and take yet another playthrough of "Prototype", my heart will be warm and fuzzy as I rip a Special Forces soldier in half...