Indie Tested is best Tested.

tofford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By tofford

I am not the biggest Adam Savage fan but he is definitely adding content to the site. I have only seen Jamie in one pretty boring video. I think Adam has earned his place as a part of the Tested crew now but for me it is still Will, Norm and Joey's site

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By vikingdeath1

This has reminded me how much I miss those 2.

And how long it has been since I went to Tested.com on any regular basis (BRICKED!)

Time to rectify.

bigsmoke77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By bigsmoke77

@Ho_Blivion: Berman Braun have nothing to do with Mythbusters, they are involvled with other TV shows with Adam and Jamie, if mythbusters ended that would mean they would have more time for tested, i.e. Jamie would be on the site more than once.

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By FunkyHugo

Really like the redesign. Everything is much, much more better. My favorite new thing? The multiple new header images.

thornie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By thornie

I love it. When the heck is GB launching their new site? They've been talking it up for months.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By NickL

@Ho_Blivion said:

HYPOTHETICAL:

So they just announced MythBusters is done after this season. After a good long run, Jamie and Adam are gonna move on to other projects.

What happens to Tested?

I imagine Berman Braun only cares about "Jamie and Adam's Tested" and would try to offload it to somebody else or just shut it down if there isn't somebody immediately ready to take it off their hands. Again for clarification, they have not actually said MythBusters is ending but as they enter their eleventh season I can easily see them calling it a day within the next five years.

This hypothetical makes no sense. Adam has stuck around the site even though he currently is involved with two shows, what could this hypothetical project be that is going to be busier for him then making 2 shows?

(Jamie has only been in 1 piece of content that I can remember, so it's not even worth mentioning him, he is part of tested in likeness only.)

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By ShaneDev

Have people gone to Tested recently? I mean they aren't all about tech anymore but they do reviews of tech products, make a pile of videos about tech and spend pretty much the entire podcast every week talking about tech. There is still plenty of tech there but I don't want them to go back to the old way of talking about nothing but some Android smartphone no one gives a fuck about.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59  Edited By dichemstys

Na-na-na-now that that don't test me...can only make me stronger.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62  Edited By gaminghooligan

I love tested.com. And the show they do with Adam Savage is awesome.

jmood88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By jmood88

@mbr2 said:

To people whining that Tested is not as tech focused as it used to be: You're welcome to the billions of other tech sites that exist on the internet.

Exactly. It's not like they don't cover technology anymore anyway, they're just allowed to do pretty much whatever they're interested in now.

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65  Edited By Draxyle

I think it looks great, a huge improvement over what they had before.

And I like the ability to switch the photos above the logo into something else. The blockhead designs fit so much better than just Adam and Jamie's mugs. Mug shots really don't blend well into web design.

SAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SAC

i like tested and all, but i've always found norm just really unlikeable... nothing against the dude, i just have always thought that he doesn't have much of a personality, is super stiff and robotic, and is just an awkward dude.

correct me if i'm wrong and he steps out of his shell on their podcast. all of this is based upon the whiskey days and the videos on their site.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@JohnstonThistle said:

And this confirms I still have no interest in Tested, what a waste of Internet space.

A real pot/kettle situation you have for yourself, then.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By CaptainCody

Holy shit, they get so many views on their Youtube videos, they're more popular than Giant Bomb on a per video scale massively. Good for them, happy Will and Norm didn't get the short end of the stick.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By GaspoweR

@Ben_H said:

Do remember they brought back all of their tech writers with the redesign, so there should be an increase in tech-related articles now. They actually have more writers now, though they did lose Loyd Case, but that is because he is now a head dude at PCWorld, but they have other writers to make up for it.

Well, that won't stop him from appearing on another Octoberkast though.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By GaspoweR

Anime Vice is still pretty much the same Anime Vice and still being filled with content by Tom Pinchuk.

MAGZine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By MAGZine

@SAC said:

i like tested and all, but i've always found norm just really unlikeable... nothing against the dude, i just have always thought that he doesn't have much of a personality, is super stiff and robotic, and is just an awkward dude.

correct me if i'm wrong and he steps out of his shell on their podcast. all of this is based upon the whiskey days and the videos on their site.

I'll actually go ahead and do that. I haven't spoken to him much (met him once at PAX last year), but some of my friends have met and spent a bit more time with Norm a few years ago--who held similar opinions of him--and found him to be a really cool, enjoyable dude in person.

But yeah, this certainly isn't the first time I've heard that about Norm online. He's a pretty cool duder.

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#72  Edited By zoozilla

@CaptainCody said:

Holy shit, they get so many views on their Youtube videos, they're more popular than Giant Bomb on a per video scale massively. Good for them, happy Will and Norm didn't get the short end of the stick.

Yeah, I kind of wonder if people even know that there's a website, or if they're solely subscribed to the YouTube channel.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By PillClinton

I've actually really enjoyed their diversified content since the transition; they still cover enough pure tech to supplement the real tech coverage I get elsewhere with a fun twist of personalities I've come to like a lot. You do have to be interested in general science and non-consumer electronics technology to appreciate it now, but is that really a bad thing whatsoever? Couldn't everyone use a little more of that? I've personally learned quite a bit frequenting Tested for the past year-ish. I like it a lot more now than when it was just smartphones and tablets, with the (very) occasional (and frankly, unnecessary) GPU benchmark.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#74  Edited By csl316

Interesting how food gets #2 billing.

TMBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By TMBaker

Yellow to Orange

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By colourful_hippie

I still wish the layout was better, I hate scrolling down a long list of articles.