#1 Edited by TehBuLL (612 posts) -

Disclosure: I'm in Chicago and Popeyes is fan fucking tastic here. I wouldn't eat KFC if there a Popeyes within 2 miles, I will fucking walk to that Popeyes. The chicken is better, the biscuits are better...every single thing is better. I have to just assume that in California Popeyes are broken. Otherwise I can't understand the complete Popeyes hate on the latest bombcast.

Does anyone else in the area have any experience with the Popeyes? Or hell, spread your global Popeyes experience, maybe I'm wrong.

For the record my order is the 3 piece spicy, with sweet and sour sauce, fries and a biscuit. If it going to be a long weekend....10 piece spicy. We've all been there.

#2 Posted by ShockD (2403 posts) -

Global Popeyes experience?

Enough of those food threads.

#3 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I prefer KFC's mashed potatoes and gravy over Popeye's. Popeye's definitely has better chicken, though. Church's has my favorite biscuits.

#4 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

@ShockD said:

Global Popeyes experience? Enough of those food threads.
#5 Posted by ImHungry (377 posts) -

I'm in Singapore so that's probably pretty far removed from the American Popeye's and here I'd take Popeye's over KFC anyday. Especially the fries.

#6 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Popeye's is the shit. Mash potatoes with the spicy gravy and the red beans and rice. That's some good eatin man.

And how about dem biscuits?

#7 Posted by Hunkulese (2744 posts) -

Different strokes for different folks.

#8 Posted by Chop (1999 posts) -

Isn't it pretty well established at this point that the crew has total shit taste when it comes to food?

#9 Posted by NinjaBerd (221 posts) -

Sticking to franchise chicken only:

Zaxby's > KFC > PopEye's

#10 Posted by psylah (2177 posts) -

Back in the 90's KFC made bomb-ass rotisserie chicken, ever since they stopped I have had no reason to even go to a chicken joint, but if I have to get some chicken, I'd go to Popeye's and order extra biscuits.

#11 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

I also enjoy Popeye's, so I'm not sure what their problem with it is.

#12 Edited by ApolloBob (570 posts) -

@ShockD said:

Global Popeyes experience? Enough of those food threads.

Folks gotta eat! I think you need to get Popeye's close to the source, i.e New Orleans. I ate at a Popeye's in New Orleans and holy shit it was good. I think Jeff's taste in food is over on the bland side - remember this is a man who eats corndogs with ketchup.

#13 Edited by Raven10 (1806 posts) -

@TehBuLL said:

Disclosure: I'm in Chicago

Let me redefine your life. South Loop on State between 8th and Balbo. Harold's Chicken Shack. I lived in Hyde Park and when I wanted fried chicken I took the 20 minute bus ride to Harold's. There is one on the west side too I think. You live in one of the food Meccas of the world and you go for Popeye's? Downtown, North side, South side, or West side there is much better chicken than you'll find at Popeye's. Next you are going to tell me you only eat Dominoes.

EDIT: And I fucking love Dominoes but dude, Chicago...

#14 Posted by C0V3RT (1377 posts) -

You sir, are crazy. When it comes to chicken, Popeyes is KFC's bitch. When it comes to a nice biscuit with some mashed potatoes and gravy, Popeyes is second to none.

#15 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3052 posts) -

Fuck Popeye's.

#16 Edited by aquamarin (555 posts) -

I agree. I ate KFC for the last time of my own free will sometime last year or the year before. The chicken was undersized, with a boogery layer of gross, super salty, grease-soggy skin that made my stomach feel immediately ill. I would totally give a Popeyes another chance at some point if I was around one again. Plus their sides are a little more interesting. I'd still eat a KFC biscuit if one appeared in front of me, though, so there's that.

#17 Posted by DFSVegas (354 posts) -

You're comparing shades of shit. They all suck.

Make some homemade fried chicken, you fucking heathens.

#18 Posted by RazielCuts (2960 posts) -

@TehBuLL said:

global Popeyes experience

Is that like when there's a 'World Series' in sports with only American teams?

#19 Posted by TyCobb (1972 posts) -

It entirely depends on the area when it comes to fast food. This especially applies to Popeye's because, at least in this area, they are only found in the shitty areas and the workers could give a damn about quality. I used to love Popeye's until I moved away from a good one. Although that was 15 years ago.

#20 Posted by Warfare (1635 posts) -

I prefer El Pollo Loco.

#21 Posted by Jams (2961 posts) -

@Warfare said:

I prefer El Pollo Loco.

I prefer Los Pollos Hermanos

#22 Posted by csl316 (8758 posts) -
@TehBuLL

Disclosure: I'm in Chicago and Popeyes is fan fucking tastic here. I wouldn't eat KFC if there a Popeyes within 2 miles, I will fucking walk to that Popeyes. The chicken is better, the biscuits are better...every single thing is better. I have to just assume that in California Popeyes are broken. Otherwise I can't understand the complete Popeyes hate on the latest bombcast.

Does anyone else in the area have any experience with the Popeyes? Or hell, spread your global Popeyes experience, maybe I'm wrong.

For the record my order is the 3 piece spicy, with sweet and sour sauce, fries and a biscuit. If it going to be a long weekend....10 piece spicy. We've all been there.

I'm in the south suburbs of Chicago, and Popeye's chicken is fucking awesome. Tenders are amazing.
#23 Posted by RenMcKormack (1074 posts) -

@McGhee: do whatever the FUCK you wanna do.

#24 Posted by Warfare (1635 posts) -

@Jams said:

@Warfare said:

I prefer El Pollo Loco.

I prefer Los Pollos Hermanos

Taste like Ephedrine.

#25 Posted by Kidavenger (3569 posts) -

I've been twice in my life, both times it was terrible. Not quite the same, but Swiss Chalet is the best place for chicken.

#26 Posted by KoolAid (943 posts) -

po' boys be rcokin'

That being said, my friend came down to the bay area from NY. We went to Popeyes and he got sick. I dunno, maybe it does suck here?

#27 Posted by TheHBK (5488 posts) -

@Warfare said:

I prefer El Pollo Loco.

I am with you on this one.

But if I need some fried chicken, which I don't eat anymore, I know I will go to KFC. Popeyes always tasted half assed to me and it is for poor people anyway. They have some deals on that shit on tuesdays or something, you see ghetto ass people lined up like they are in a herd or something to get their bucket. Really fucking sad. The food is disgusting, and really bad for you. Go buy 2 pounds of chicken breast for the same price and throw it on a skillet or something and eat better. Jesus christ man.

#28 Posted by JaredA (824 posts) -

Popeye's is WAY better than KFC.