Thank you GB

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

This is one of the few times I'd be ok with a tasteless joke, because I don't like the idea of the alternative situation. I'll add myself to the people saying it isn't worth it. I've had those thoughts and the thing that dragged me out was thinking about what it would do to my friends and family. I realized it would be an incredibly selfish thing to do.

@potatoes Suicide is a permanent solution to often temporary problems. Life can be hard, trust me I know, but being around for those few special moments makes everything worth it. There is plenty to live for. Don't deprive yourself of that. If you see these messages please talk to someone, anyone, about whatever is troubling you. Keeping things pent up hasn't ever helped anyone. I'm sure we'd all be willing to offer whatever help or advice we can, not to mention there are plenty of organizations to help you for whatever may be the situation.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

As long as we live there is always hope for something better. New opportunities for friendship, love and new experiences. Death is the end of hope.

I really hope you are reading this.

jclane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

2013 has taken too many great people already, duder. Don't go adding yourself to that list. Together, we can all say fuck Luigi and his year.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If you're still alive, please don't do what you're implying to do. I've been faced with that option myself before, but I decided to keep going and things got much better. Please feel free to reach out for support here... we've got your back.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope that you are still here and are reading this thread. I think that you should read this. I remember seeing it for the first time and how much it changed my outlook on depression and suicide. Maybe it could do the same for you

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

come on dude, don't do something rash to hurt yourself. maybe you're in a dark place in your life but there's good stuff out there for you.

Dasacant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand how you feel, I've been through this multiple times but you need to think about all people who care about you even if you don't know it they are out there this thread proves it. Think about all the people here and how happy they would be to know your safe, please if you can reach out to someone, anyone.

blackcat0158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@potatoes: I really hope you're around to read all the love you've got from the duders.

GiantBomb's community has come together for you, duder. Much love to you. I know it's been said already, but as Ryan would say- It gets better.

Otogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Otogi

Please, don't hurt yourself. We don't want to lose anybody else, and we certainly don't want to lose you. I like a lot of people on this site, but there are so any more I don't know, and I want to get to know you. Please don't give up, there's so much more to do, people to meet, things to see, everything you deserve to know and so much more if you keep going. It's hard, and I can't know how hard it can be for you, but please tell us, let us help, let the people's of the numbers others have posted help. You deserve so much more, just don't let it end here.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@potatoes I've been exactly where you're at. No, really! Check my blog history. So with that, I think I can say that I understand where you're coming from and I know precisely where you're at. I hope you're doing what I did and you just went to sleep and you're going to wake up to dozens of notifications from all of us wanting you to stick around and you'll start crying because you wonder how you could have been so selfish and upset so many people that don't even know you. And it's not a bad thing. They are upset in a positive way. They want you to be okay, so please, as soon as you're out of whatever slump you're in, let us know you're okay.

If you're still in that slump and reading this, then please, call a suicide hotline. If you're like me and the thought of phone calls stresses you out more than it should, please use this. It's a one on one chat room with people that want to help you. No voice to voice interaction, you get to keep your anonymity, all of that. They just want to listen, and to help. You may not think you have anything to contribute, but you are human, and that makes you worth quite a whole lot.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope this is all a big misunderstanding and that you're just doing something else with your time. But if not, I hope you'll change your mind and I especially hope you see this thread so that you know that we all got your back. I'm not going to write an essay on the troubles of life, because I don't know you nor your situation so I won't try and pretend to know what your situation is like. But, if there's anything I've realized in my 30 years; life is bigger than we think. We have a tendency to just look at our bubble and think that's the edge of the world. The potential for a better life is always there, the potential to do something completely crazy and fun is there. It just takes a lot of hard work and courage to let go of the things that's holding you down. And I realize that's really easy to say. Though, it doesn't make it any less true.

Hope to see you around these parts again, duder!

TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#164  Edited By TeamJersey

@potatoes: There are a lot of strangers on the internet who actually care, as this forum proves. Reach out to them!

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Quid_Pro_Bono

@feanor: It's out of our control but if he sees our support and tries to help himself it would be worth a forum thread

Edit: @artelinarose said it better than I could

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This scares me. I have been in this situation. I know how scary it can be to be that person and to know that person. I hope he is okay.

1momosauky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By 1momosauky

Buddy we are all here for you man PM me dude.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Brother, look I've been in some dark fucking places in my mind. Thought some truly horrible things. I'm by far not someone to be giving out sagely advice but I'll tell you this. Life is about perspective man. Even in the darkest hour you can always instead of focusing on the dark hold to that one glimmer at the end of the tunnel. Whatever that is for you find it and hold on to it. It could be a friend or a family member or hell even something silly like just wanting to see what is around the corner for Giantbomb.

The mettle of a man is tested when he is in his darkest hour. Be strong and don't give up. Death is eternal and we all have to face it eventually but until then there is so much for you to experience here among the living. I've never met you but I love you man. You're part of this stupid dysfunctional family we call Giantbomb. Family has to look out for each other. Besides that what would Ryan think man? You respected the guy didn't you? He was a man that loved life and took it by the goddamn throat and squeezed every drop out. Be like Ryan Davis. Grab life by the throat and take charge.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Landmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@potatoes I certainly hope you haven't done anything to hurt yourself or others, there are quite a lot of people on here that you can reach out to and there are professionals who can help. There's no shame in turning to others, even if they are random strangers. I've been there myself, and unfortunately lost a close friend. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me or one of the countless others who have posted on here.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

@potatoes:

Every moment, no matter how good or bad it is, is temporary. Whatever you are experiencing will pass. Maybe not wmeveryyhing in your life will be perfect but the suicidal thoughts so many people experience will pass with time and be replaced with something else. So if you act solely on those thoughts you are making a permanent decision to a temporary problem. It's like the drug addict that that binges on drugs as soon as they have a strong craving. In both cases, a temporary feeling is bring given the power to dictate one's life completely.

So try to remember, you and anyone else who has had these thoughts, everything is temporary. Every emotion and thought will end. Don't etch that temporary moment into stone with a permanent solution. Especially one that denies any chance for improvement. Please don't allow a temporary problem to have that much control over you. It isn't worth it and I promise you everyone can control Thisbe urges until the moment passes. We are all of us strong enough.

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By MannyMAR

@potatoes if you're still here man, believe you me that there have been times where I was very close to going through it myself. While I can't say I'm the happiest man alive, I can say that clinging on to the smallest inkling of whatever hope you have left will be worth it. I can't help you any more than my fellow Giant Bomb compatriots have already have, but don't be afraid to reach out .

I'll also leave this here for you as well, as corny as it is it has stopped me from pulling the trigger many a time.

Loading Video...

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#182  Edited By DeadpanCakes

@potatoes: Worst time for this thing to mess up my response...

I spent, like, an hour figuring out what to write, and now if I try again, it'll be nowhere near as elegant...

I'll just stick to the important stuff then:

We're all eager for a response... for anything.. We'd love to hear from you. If only just to thank the guys, proper.. If we'd get anything besides just that one-way note you left for us.

I saw that everyone provided the numbers, and I sincerely hope that you put them to use.

I'm sure there'll be a million more after me that say this, but

Stay strong.

Elusive89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I made an account just for this post.

Like everybody else I sincerely hope you haven't done anything drastic. Life is all about the ups and downs. I've had a pretty crazy year as far as emotions go, I've felt higher than high at points, and lower than low at others. Right now I'm feeling particulary low (recently split up with my girlfriend) and I haven't been able to eat, smile, concentrate, sleep NOTHING. An it sucks, it really does, to the point of up until I saw this thread. An saw the pages of love, hope, experience and wisdom from a community of (basically) strangers behind a computer. Now I'm assuming whatever you sir are going through is worse than my shit, but everybody believes whatever pain they're going through is truly the worst in the world, nobody else can comprehend what we're feeling right now etc. But the truth is, we usually can. EVERYBODY has hit hard times emotionally, everybody can share experiences and stories. We're all here for you, please, just talk to one of us. Things DO get easier, it just takes a little time.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@potatoes:

hey duder- you like tunes? cuz this is a pretty good one- i don't even like the band, but it's a beautiful sentiment. maybe have a listen?

Loading Video...

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

Please don't do this. I've thought about doing the same thing but I'm so glad I didn't, and you'd be surprised how quickly and how often things can turn around in life.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#186  Edited By OmegaPirate

Duder, we are internet strangers who have never met, probably never spoke. But please do not go through with this.

Things might seem like the worst thing in the world - no matter how silly you think it may sound to someone else you HAVE to talk for someone.

I really hope this is a cry for help and you have no real desire to go through with it - or even that this is some sickening troll! The thought of one of the duders wanting to end it like this aint cool at all.

Come on matey, it ain't nothing that cant be handled . Dont be a fool <3 x

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Life can really suck, for sure. But you gotta believe there's something good ahead, even if it's just a great game you're looking forward to, y'know? Suicide is never worth it, duder, if you're still there, please talk to some family or friends, or one of us here, because there are a lot of folks here who care about you and do not want to hear the worst. :(

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hang in there duder! We better see you in the chat this Friday!! GB has gotten me out of the worst moods ever sometimes just stick in there! no pain is worth dying for.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Buddy, please don't go through with this. We need you here with us, we complete strangers. Please give us a response, we'd love to know how you're doing and if you've found help. Stay strong and be positive duder!

Also soak up some of the best bits of the man who loved his life; I hope this helps.

Loading Video...

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#190  Edited By PandaBear

This message was deleted

This message was deleted

This message was deleted

This message was deleted

(Ironically i expect this to get deleted)

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything is malleable, every problem has a solution, and every situation can be recovered. The one exception is death.

I spent about two evenings a week for four years of my life with a pen, notebook, and utility knife. Looking back, it was nothing but selfishness. Selfishness to ignore those who truly, deeply cared about me. Selfishness to think that my temporary problems could outweigh the potential good I could do for this world. Selfishness to relish theoretical relief at the expense of my family, friends (of which I had few), and acquaintances.

It rings hollow to hear that all is not hopeless, doesn't it? When we're not under the stones, how can we know how heavy they are, how they crush your chest?

But when you're brought to the edge, when nonexistence sounds idyllic, this is the time for fact. This is the time for objectivity. This is the time to stand up and shout that it's your life.

Now talk to someone.

1-800-273-8255

Loading Video...

This song hasn't failed to change my mood yet...

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Whatever the problem, this is not the solution.

Ever.

Travis_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Travis_J

DON'T DO IT. It's not the way to go man. Everyone is worth it.

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duder, it's not over.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By TheHumanDove

Oh man, why did I click on this

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this genuine call someone... jclane said it best.

@jclane said:

2013 has taken too many great people already, duder. Don't go adding yourself to that list. Together, we can all say fuck Luigi and his year.

captain_max707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By captain_max707

It's been said, but hang in there. A lot of us have been where you are, and you certainly aren't alone. Talk to someone, they will be happy to help!

Avatar image for royalewifcheese
RoyaleWifCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Giant Bomb has been your rock for any length of time, know that the entire community has your back.

Do your fellow duders a solid and stick around, man.

Think of all the awesome games you'll miss if you don't make it to next year.

CrocBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By CrocBox