#1 Posted by Rockdalf (1274 posts) -

Has anyone noticed that starting new topics on other forums is actually frowned upon.  Recently being interested in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, I've been tuning in to SRK, but after lurking their forums for a while, they are really an old boys club through and through.  I've seen several times where someone has created genuine, unique, relevant topics and they are scalded for not asking the question in a random thread. 

Anyone else think stingy forum users are on par with the guy at Burger King who only gives you one ketchup packet?

#2 Posted by cnlmullen (900 posts) -

Internet people who bark about stuff like that need to spend less time on the internet and more time in real life to get some perspective. 

#3 Posted by npeterson08 (502 posts) -

As long as the question posted isn't something anyone could easily find through some research.

#4 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -
@Rockdalf said:
" Has anyone noticed that starting new topics on other forums is actually frowned upon.  Recently being interested in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, I've been tuning in to SRK, but after lurking their forums for a while, they are really an old boys club through and through.  I've seen several times where someone has created genuine, unique, relevant topics and they are scalded for not asking the question in a random thread.  Anyone else think stingy forum users are on par with the guy at Burger King who only gives you one ketchup packet? "
Well, someone has to do it so the rest of us can needlessly attack and insult the OP simply for daring to start a topic in the first place.
#5 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

Gosh, you should have pointed this out in the Call of Duty Black Ops emblem thread.

#6 Posted by Robiin (294 posts) -
@GlenTennis said:
" Gosh, you should have pointed this out in the Call of Duty Black Ops emblem thread. "
Yeah, seriously, what were you thinking OP?
#7 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3745 posts) -

There are pluses and minuses - you've listed most of the pluses, the minuses include allowing AstroTriforce to spam the boards with polls with no commentary.  Seriously, YouTube spam isn't allowed unless there's a context, but a poll spam without context is fine?

#8 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@Rockdalf: Forums are just a bunch of people meeting up online, what is socially acceptable in one is different in another. 
#9 Posted by Rockdalf (1274 posts) -
@Robiin said:
" @GlenTennis said:
" Gosh, you should have pointed this out in the Call of Duty Black Ops emblem thread. "
Yeah, seriously, what were you thinking OP? "
I like the refreshing taste of ice cold Mountain Dew®? 

@StaticFalconar said:
" @Rockdalf: Forums are just a bunch of people meeting up online, what is socially acceptable in one is different in another.  "
Understandable, just seems like some of the over-formality seriousness of some forums would feel more akin to a stick up one's ass, rather than a social conversation.  Anyway, I guess I'll just have to play MvC3 without registering an account at SRK.