This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by krakutsk (4 posts) -

why do people think that others should give a flying fuck that something offends them?stop getting offended, it does nothing.

#2 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

I'm offended by the low amount of effort you put into your post

#3 Posted by krakutsk (4 posts) -

I hardly give a shit.

#4 Posted by Pr1mus (3514 posts) -

Well this was a waste of a perfectly good click...

#5 Edited by believer258 (11043 posts) -

I'm offended by the notion that I can't be offended, so I'm starting a movement called "offensism" whereby I and other modern thinkers like me can lobby for our freedom to feel offended.

#6 Posted by ABEomination (6 posts) -

I get offended when people get offended!

But seriously, we should all be just respectfully and honestly speak our minds. Then if someone loses their crap it will at least be obvious to those with common sense that they over-reacted.

#7 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4029 posts) -

People say that as a fact, and act like they should be treated differently all of a sudden. Its a sort of phrase that never started with much meaning. It comes from a place of opinion, rather than regurgitating society's agreement that its a fact.

#8 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -
@krakutsk said:

I hardly give a shit.

please post 3 more times so that we can abandon this terrible topic and talk about more important things like why zombiepie ruined the bombcast watitng topic

#10 Edited by Animasta (14460 posts) -

@krakutsk said:
@abeomination said:

I get offended when people get offended!

But seriously, we should all be just respectfully and honestly speak our minds. Then if someone loses their crap it will at least be obvious to those with common sense that they over-reacted.

It doesn't work that way.

Instead, everything gets censored.

slippery slope fallacy in your third post?

you shall do well here, my friend

:3

#11 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6077 posts) -

@believer258 said:

I'm offended by the notion that I can't be offended, so I'm starting a movement called "offensism" whereby I and other modern thinkers like me can lobby for our freedom to feel offended.

I'm offended that you're offended by the notion that you can't be offended, so I'm starting a movement called "anti-offensism" whereby I and other modern thinkers like me can lobby for our freedom for us to be offended by you feeling offended.

I don't know man, far as I'm concerned you can feel offended, but then I should have the right to think that it's stupid to be offended on the internet. Or some such shit, I don't know, I'm not gonna get in the middle of this discussion again.

#12 Posted by Demoskinos (13857 posts) -

You what nobody cares about? You stinking up the forums with idiotic questions.

#13 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

@krakutsk said:

why do people think that others should give a flying fuck that something offends them?stop getting offended, it does nothing.

I can't think of a clever reply, so fuck it

#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (34609 posts) -

@krakutsk said:

stop getting offended, it does nothing.

Yea, stop being offended, you asshole! It's not like I can control what I say. You just need to control the mental states in control of your perceptions of reality! Duh!

#15 Posted by believer258 (11043 posts) -

@believer258 said:

I'm offended that you're offended by the notion that you can't be offended, so I'm starting a movement called "anti-offensism" whereby I and other modern thinkers like me can lobby for our freedom for us to be offended by you feeling offended.

Impossible. To start a movement, one must have been offended by some act or idea, so the idea of anti-offensism is absolutely ludicrous.

#16 Edited by krakutsk (4 posts) -
@believer258 said:

@thedudeofgaming said:

@believer258 said:

Impossible. To start a movement, one must have been offended by some act or idea, so the idea of anti-offensism is absolutely ludicrous.

"To start a movement, one must have been offended by some act or idea"

Bullshit. Not liking something and wanting it to change doesn't mean you get offended by it.

#17 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4029 posts) -

Alright, before this gets locked. These forums are supposed to be this bliss paradise, a world away from the world, away from annoying society. In the real world, you have to try to not get offended. Keep them thoughts out there, and you keep them thoughts about Everquest Next, in here. ~ When you go back into the world, they just gon' give a fuck about how offensive your shirt is. They like that trouble.

#18 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

@thedudeofgaming said:

@believer258 said:

I am offended by your inability to accept anti-offensism as not accepting someone being offended by someone being offended is very offensive of you.

#19 Posted by krakutsk (4 posts) -

Alright, before this gets locked. These forums are supposed to be this bliss paradise, a world away from the world, away from annoying society. In the real world, you have to try to not get offended. Keep them thoughts out there, and you keep them thoughts about Everquest Next, in here. ~ When you go back into the world, they just gon' give a fuck about how offensive your shirt is. They like that trouble.

The real world doesn't karma ban me because some shitheads got offended.

#20 Edited by believer258 (11043 posts) -

@krakutsk said:
@believer258 said:

@thedudeofgaming said:

@believer258 said:

"one must have been offended by some act or idea"

Bullshit. Not liking something and wanting it to change doesn't mean you get offended by it.

So now you want to talk, eh?

Being offended by something is human, and responding to it in a rational manner with the intent of expressing your disagreement is perfectly reasonable. Going through life without being offended at all is impossible, and if it were possible, it would be unhealthy. For that matter, at this very moment I'd say that you are offended by the notion of being offended. You can join @thedudeofgaming's movement, I'm sure he's got a sign-up sheet drawn up already.

#21 Edited by Nilazz (606 posts) -

Amazing thread!

#22 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4029 posts) -

@nilazz said:

Amazing thread!

The fuck do you think about Everquest Next?

#23 Posted by believer258 (11043 posts) -

@animasta said:

@believer258 said:

@thedudeofgaming said:

@believer258 said:

I am offended by your inability to accept anti-offensism as not accepting someone being offended by someone being offended is very offensive of you.

Oh yeah? Well, I am offended by your inability to accept that anti-offensism is offensive to me so it's racist, sexist, homophobic, and condescending all in one!

MOTHERFUCKERS GENTLEMEN, WE'RE GOING TO WASHINGTON!

(...actually, I'm less offended by that and more admirable of it. Also, logic didn't so much jump out the window as it did leap into space.)

#24 Posted by Fattony12000 (6355 posts) -

Heaven forfend!

#25 Posted by alternate (2655 posts) -

Congrats on a successful start to your forum career. Maybe you should have lurked some more - assuming this isn't just your alt account.

#26 Posted by Pr1mus (3514 posts) -

@animasta said:
@krakutsk said:

I hardly give a shit.

please post 3 more times so that we can abandon this terrible topic and talk about more important things like why zombiepie ruined the bombcast watitng topic

Because

#27 Posted by Video_Game_King (34609 posts) -

@pr1mus said:

WHY DOESN'T BRUCE WAYNE MOVE IN THIS GIF!?

#28 Posted by Pr1mus (3514 posts) -
#29 Posted by Nilazz (606 posts) -

@nilazz said:

Amazing thread!

It offends me.

#30 Posted by Yummylee (20572 posts) -
#31 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4029 posts) -

@nilazz said:

@blu3v3nom07 said:

@nilazz said:

Amazing thread!

It offends me.

Well! ~ That's all I got. it doesn't scream, "Anarchy!, Anarchy!" David Ellis style. But if you tripped, I bet you could get a splinter.

#32 Posted by panvixyl (325 posts) -

I find this post offensive.

mods pls ban

#33 Posted by stryker1121 (1237 posts) -

Telling random people to stop getting offended or the old standby, "I'm offended that you're offended" is an asshole move...as is the OP's pointless post.

#34 Posted by TooWalrus (12973 posts) -

@animasta said:
@krakutsk said:

I hardly give a shit.

What... happened to the bombcast watitng room?

#35 Posted by IAmNotBatman (615 posts) -

Because everyone's different and you want to be the best person that you can?

#36 Posted by believer258 (11043 posts) -

@animasta said:
@krakutsk said:

I hardly give a shit.

Zombiepie changed it to "waiting room", a terrible sin, even among moderators. I'd even go so far as to say that it's offen...

Ah, I've made enough terrible jokes for one day.

#37 Edited by BestUsernameEver (4866 posts) -

@toowalrus said:

@animasta said:
@krakutsk said:

I hardly give a shit.

Zombiepie changed it to "waiting room", a terrible sin, even among moderators. I'd even go so far as to say that it's offen...

Ah, I've made enough terrible jokes for one day.

I'm still confused.

#38 Edited by PsEG (3491 posts) -

@krakutsk said:

The real world doesn't karma ban me because some shitheads got offended.

So you're an alt of a user who's currently karma banned? Thanks for letting us know! Multiple accounts are against the site rules.

I think we're done here.