• 63 results
AngelKore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AngelKore

This is a question which always gives me a wildly different answer - depressing autobiographies, love flicks, certain perfumes, some games, etc. It's not something that necessarily makes you sad or cry, just something that hits a deep, emotional nerve within you. A lot of people who I talk to about this have their answers that stems from some fond childhood memory, or a time long past which it reminds them of.

In my case, this song called White Wine in the Sun by comedy artist Tim Minchin is what does it for me. This song comes from a man who spends most of his time on stage taking the piss out of religion and offending basically everyone, but then, in my case when I saw him live, finishes with this beautiful song. I was bawling my eyes out to the point where my girlfriend was asking if I was okay. I guess it's the deep love I have for my family mixed with the sincerity of such a song that comes out from a guy like this.

What is it for you? What's that one thing that, whenever you see or hear it, just stops you in your tracks?

some1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By some1
N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By N7

Hearing Nickleback was the band of the decade.

WHAT THE FUCK MAN.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MideonNViscera

Hearing Nickelback was voted band of the decade. Makes me suicidal hahah

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WickedFather

When Henry Jones Snr thinks Indy is in the tank when they're looking over the cliff and he then finds him alive, hugs him and says "Son, I thought I'd lost you." or the scene in The Abyss where they're doing the revival, or the end of Band of Brothers where they reveal the names of the people talking so you know who's still alive and telling their story after all that time.

That's three because nobody takes any bloody notice of limits imposed by posters.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Tylea002

@AngelKore: Not Perfect; especially the instrumental version, is a trillion times better in this respect. Tim Minchin's amazing.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#7  Edited By alistercat

Two scenes from Scrubs. This and this. Make me cry for some reason. I never expected a sitcom to have that kind of impact on me, but they build up the characters well enough that I care even when they aren't making me laugh.

Argh, shouldn't have watched these scenes again. Made me well up a bit.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jimbo

I don't cry, because I'm British, but the little girl running along the beach in The Patriot chokes me up every time.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By imsh_pl

Pretty much all of the song from "Once", plus some Pink Floyd songs and some other random singles. 

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By crazyleaves

I saw Steve Earle in Seattle in 2003 when he played this song I started balling and could not stop. The people around me were freaking out. Steve was totally cool with it though.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By musubi

Usually themes of sacrifice and stuff. Like the last scene in The Last Samurai where they charge into battle knowing they are going to die? Fucking lost it.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By DarthOrange

This short film fits perfectly. I just saw yesterday thanks to on the screened forums. If it doesn't emotionally move you then you have no soul.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TentPole

The first 15 minutes of Up. Still destroys me every time.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By AssInAss

@DarthOrange said:

This short film fits perfectly. I just saw yesterday thanks to on the screened forums. If it doesn't emotionally move you then you have no soul.

Thanks for the plug! :P Yeah, gets me choked up a bit.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By Hailinel

Grave of the Fireflies. No spoilers, but it's soul-crushing every time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@TentPole said:

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Jeust

Love stops me in my tracks. All kinds of love.

Things like these:

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thehexeditor
SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SSValis

@crazyleaves said:

I saw Steve Earle in Seattle in 2003 when he played this song I started balling and could not stop. The people around me were freaking out. Steve was totally cool with it though.

I'd like to add Steve Earle's Billy Austin to this list.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By TheFreeMan

@AngelKore: @Tylea002: Both of those songs are really great. Tim Minchin, though a lot of his songs are really silly and funny, can write some really poignant stuff. There's a version of Not Perfect on youtube where some of the audience is crying at the end of it. It's really great.

Anyways.

Iron and Wine's song "The Trapeze Swinger" really gets me.

Nine minutes of a guy, upon his death, reminiscing about his life and the mistakes he's made and his thoughts about what comes next. Or something. Not a lot of songs can make me say "wow, that's really beautiful" and also make me depressed.

As far as movies go, the end of The Life Aquatic was like getting punched in the stomach. Man, that sub scene. I don't know why, but stuff with themes about people looking back on their lives, and their accomplishments, and the relationships and people they've lost, and their confusion about whether or not they came up short really gets me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Seeing Ricola cough drops, which my grandfather used to give me, and realize I will never see him again.

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rudyftw

I get teary eyed when I play and sing with my guitar. My voice is just so damn beauuuutiful.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Canteu

@TentPole said:

That whole montage is ROUGH.

The ending of Super. Gets me every time.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Buscemi

@some1 said:

This.

Tofin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Tofin

Toy Story 3, easy.

Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Clinkz

@AngelKore said:

This is a question which always gives me a wildly different answer - depressing autobiographies, love flicks, certain perfumes, some games, etc. It's not something that necessarily makes you sad or cry, just something that hits a deep, emotional nerve within you. A lot of people who I talk to about this have their answers that stems from some fond childhood memory, or a time long past which it reminds them of.

In my case, this song called White Wine in the Sun by comedy artist Tim Minchin is what does it for me. This song comes from a man who spends most of his time on stage taking the piss out of religion and offending basically everyone, but then, in my case when I saw him live, finishes with this beautiful song. I was bawling my eyes out to the point where my girlfriend was asking if I was okay. I guess it's the deep love I have for my family mixed with the sincerity of such a song that comes out from a guy like this.

What is it for you? What's that one thing that, whenever you see or hear it, just stops you in your tracks?

I didn't find this fellow sad in the least bit. I was too distracted by his hair and mascara.

I don't cry.

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Cloudleet

The ending in E.T., Toy Story 3, Up, and why has no one mentioned this?!:

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

This song, if you've been there this song just screams the truth.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#29  Edited By Sooperspy

@MideonNViscera said:

Hearing Nickelback was voted band of the decade.

The fuck?! What publication said that? Or was it the peoples vote? Whichever the answer, I have lost faith in humanity.

johnny961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By johnny961

Anybody that fucks with little kids.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By fenixrevolution

The end of Toy Story 3 and Monsters Inc, those 2 moments have almost brought me to tears every time I see them, even though I know what to expect.

CornishRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By CornishRocker

Pixar movies almost always melt my heart since I first watched Toy Story, those animators are the best in the business.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By pweidman

Great clip guys. Made me :).

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

Characters with Alzheimers.

Runs in the family...so yeah.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By weegieanawrench

The beginning of Up, the end of LOTR, during the coronation of Aragorn where they all bow to the hobbits, and the end of Toy Story 3 hit me pretty hard whenever I watch them.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By crusader8463

Sad

• Stories about a parent that is never able to express their love for their child, then in some moment finally be able to.
  • When someone does something that causes them pain to protect a pet because they love them.
  • When people sacrifice so others can have.

Mad

• See people hate and be cruel to others for no other reason then they are different. Whether it's fat, skinny, another race, gender, or sexual preference and all the other usual's.
  • When people pick on the elderly and/or homeless.
  • When you know people are screwing over someone because they know they can.

And for some reason this song always makes me relax and just feel free.

Muerthoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Muerthoz

Moonlight Sonata.  Doesn't make me sad but it puts me in a really dark place.

StormTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By StormTrooper

@Demoskinos said:

Usually themes of sacrifice and stuff.

THIS. like... the end of The Iron Giant.

also, i well up every time i watch Field of Dreams and James Earl Jones gives his speech about how baseball was the one constant for america through the ages. no idea why, but that kills me. so weird.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ShaggE

Christ on a crutch, this song does me in every single time. I'll admit it's a bit overdramatic (hard not to be with suicide ballads), but the desperate way she sings "you'll always be mine" in the last repeat of the chorus... I can't even explain it, it's just soul crushing in its subtlety.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By McGhee

The Korean movie "Castaway on the Moon" is so incredible. It will make you both laugh and cry. One of my top three all time favorite movies. You can find it on Netflix.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#42  Edited By Dagbiker
grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By grilledcheez

Certain songs when I'm in the right mood, videos of people I have great admiration for etc. Here's a couple Nine Inch Nails songs that strike a cord from time to time.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By EVO
No Caption Provided

Gets me every time.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jasta

Being in the crowd when this went down was a pretty surreal/moving experience.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Akyho

I thought of myself as emotionally void for so long that the last few years I have been finding things that bring on emotions. Like an alien getting to know the human condition.

ELO's:Twilight makes me shed a tear. Aswell as just Daicon V. just the marvel of the animation we seem to have lost. Daicon V animated to ELO's. Twilight.

Also the ending to Dragon Ball GT. I am an anime fan and DB GT is a pretty poor show. However Its not just the end of GT its the end of DB and DBZ. So its realy sad to me.

Also the end to Code Geass (another anime) and the ending to Gundam 00 first season and the ending of the second.

However thats all the different emotional I am.

I get emotional over asking girls out. Now that dosnt mean I sob and cry. I have asked girls out and they say sorry no .Fine However I end up on a buzz a high because I had the confidence to do such a thing. However its all ruined if the girls says "maby" does all the things that make it seem like it could happen. Nope turns out at some point they decided to say no and never told me.

This just gets me cheery and enthusiastic.

Or stuff that have only been getting resurface is battlefield 3. The moments I am acting like I am their. That this tanks turret turning will be the end of my life. Aswell as the moments I just simply get to stick a finger up and go "FUCK YEAH!" In bf3 its my countless times C4ing Tanks.

BF2 the one most excited raaction was in a helicopter fight. spinning and trying to hit. He had a gunner so i knew i had to be higher. He lost sight of me. I climbed high and pointed down. He was straight below me. I fire all rockets hut and destroyed it as I flew through the explosion I missed the wreckage and I Let out a great "YAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" then still had to pull up from the bottom of the valley (map was Dragon Valley). Felt so awesome for so long.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SSully

@Irvandus said:

@TentPole said:

Same. Pixar are some crafty bastards, that is for sure.

Also I had to watch Rain Over Me, one of the few serious Adam Sandler movies, for a morality class or something. Anyways it was a serious movie, but there is one part where the main character(Adam Sandler) finally breaks down and basically explains what the hell happened to him that messed him up and it made me ball like a little baby. Thank God I was sick the day we watched that scene in class, I ended up watching it at home alone.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48  Edited By Animasta

Kaine's backstory in Nier :(

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Mrsignerman44

@DarthOrange said:

That was quite possibly the best short film I have ever seen, thanks.

Anyway, many games and shows invoke emotion from me, its not a hard thing to do but this has to be one of my favorites.

Loyal_Dragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Loyal_Dragoon

The one scene in any movie that I can remember that made me tear up was the scene from Forrest Gump where he visits Jenny's grave. Music doesn't really get to me in a crying kind of way, but its one of the only things that can evoke my emotions. Oh, and the ending of Toy Story 3 almost got to me.