Avatar image for dancedancekennypants
DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

So, over at BBC News, I read that the Federal Mint is still minting $1 coins, that nobody will use.

The benefits of having your base unit of currency as a coin are obvious. 

The extra weight in the nation's pockets will automatically lead to more exercise, swear jars will double in effectiveness, and the busking economy will boom; musical beggars everywhere will finally be able to bankroll (hah!) that self-financed debut album.

Oh, and everybody else is doing it.

Look into that face. How could you say no? 

The baby is asleep and mommy is happy.

Look at them... LOOK AT THEM.

You heartless bastards.
luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By luce

We use them all the time in NY

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By one_2nd

I love those. Once I was feeling extra crazy and put $5 into a vending machine and got four of these bad boys back. 

DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luce: 

Lots of Italians in NY.

Italians love their mommies. And rightly so, I say!
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Xeiphyer
@one_2nd said:
" I love those. Once I was feeling extra crazy and put $5 into a vending machine and got four of these bad boys back.  "
I live in Canada where the $1 coin is the only type of single dollar currency. I have put a $20 bill into a vending machine and hit return when I changed my mind, and I got 20 loonies back. (Loonies being the common term for the $1 coin of course). It was pretty sweet having all those coins at once, something about having a large amount of something identical is awesome.
DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@one_2nd: 

Robots, which are our future, know that the $1 coin is the way forward.

You are very wise to heed this "vending machine."
one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By one_2nd
@DanceDanceKennypants said:

" @luce:   Lots of Italians in NY.  Italians love their mommies. And rightly so, I say! "

There's lots of everyones in NY, lol.  
@Xeiphyer said:
" @one_2nd said:
" I love those. Once I was feeling extra crazy and put $5 into a vending machine and got four of these bad boys back.  "
I live in Canada where the $1 coin is the only type of single dollar currency. I have put a $20 bill into a vending machine and hit return when I changed my mind, and I got 20 loonies back. (Loonies being the common term for the $1 coin of course). It was pretty sweet having all those coins at once, something about having a large amount of something identical is awesome. "
I'm not crazy enough to try a 20, sorry. But yes, it's quite amazing. I have a collection of two dollar bills, it feels great. Also, you canadians are crazy fucks, you know that? 
Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mmmslash

Using coins make me feel like a homeless person, regardless of their value.

DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Xeiphyer said:
" @one_2nd said:
something about having a large amount of something identical is awesome. "

Again with the robots.

Seriously though, the $1 coin will be the very Lego of existence.
CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By CornontheCobbe

They're called Loonies where i'm from. ;)

DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mmmslash said:
" Using coins make me feel like a homeless person, regardless of their value. "
You will be the first to be mashed into lubricant when the robots take over.
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#12  Edited By BeachThunder

If people don't want them then I'll have them.

DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BeachThunder said:
" If people don't want them then I'll have them. "
This man speaks wisely.

The $1 coin is also entirely free of freemasonry symbols, so I guess that's also a good thing.
apoptosis61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By apoptosis61

in god we trust........

DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apoptosis61 said:
" in god we trust........ "
Well, I do anyway.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@DanceDanceKennypants: Freemason and illuminati symbols. You know too much however when it said in god we trust, they are talking about the god satan. There are two gods to illuminatis and freemason, one is called satan, the other is called the creator so there is a bit of that symbolism. Actually on the bottom of the hood, you can see like an S symbol, that could also mean satan. Under the number 2000, you also see another S, that's two of them.

Still for the thread, being canadian, I have used $1 coins for quite a while now.
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I think that maybe if the coins looked like something other than Chuck E. Cheese coins with a Native American on them, people might actually use them. Everyone I know thinks of those coins as a joke, and nothing more. They should be a different size than that of the quarter, and they should have someone recognizable on them.

DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh dear.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

The first and last time I saw them was in New York's subway.

DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @DanceDanceKennypants: Freemason and illuminati symbols. You know too much however when it said in god we trust, they are talking about the god satan. There are two gods to illuminatis and freemason, one is called satan, the other is called the creator so there is a bit of that symbolism. Actually on the bottom of the hood, you can see like an S symbol, that could also mean satan.  Still for the thread, being canadian, I have used $1 coins for quite a while now. "
It was a digression on my part, but I know which God I mean when I say that... You are right though. 

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By shirogane
@RiotBananas said:
" @Xeiphyer said:
" something about having a large amount of something identical is awesome. "
Why I only date twins. "

Huh, meaning you only get dates once every...how many decades? 
Twins are rare. 
Identical twins are rarer. 
Don't even mention triplets and above. 

And Australia uses $1 coins. They're somewhat annoying. Notes are so much easier to store without weighing you down. 
Although...notes are paper..and paper cuts...grr... 
No win situation here.
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By c1337us

I couldn't work out why you would be worried about a dollar coin. We use them and $2 coins in Australia all the time. But you guys have a $1 note as well right. I guess you should shit or get of the pot as they say. Either have a note or a coin but don't have both.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WickedFather

In Britain we've had £1 coins for years.  Put two of them in a sock and you can take down a helicopter.

Ashby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ashby
@c1337us said:
" I couldn't work out why you would be worried about a dollar coin. We use them and $2 coins in Australia all the time. But you guys have a $1 note as well right. I guess you should shit or get of the pot as they say. Either have a note or a coin but don't have both. "
Yeah, I really like $1 and $2 coins, but here in the western US, I can never find $1 coins except in vending machines...and I pretty much only used those in high school. And neither $2 coins or bills are around (ok yeah the bills technically are but they aren't in circulation), so our currency is very sad indeed. : (
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By c1337us
@Ashby:  I just wish they would get rid of the tiny currency. Just round everything off to the nearest half dollar. I would rather get ripped off a few cents on each cash sale rather then carry around a pocket full of shrapnel which just ends up in the tip jar at the noodle house up the street from where I live lol. Occasionally our mint releases ceremonial coins for special anniversaries, during the bicentennial year they brought out this massive $5 coins the size if a jam tin. Very impractical and you can usually only get them from the Post Office for much more then they are worth to spend for collection purposes. We had this weird guy who used to come into work and deliberately pull it out when looking for the correct money for his purchase and he would say it's legal tender you have to accept it but then not let you take it.
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By MysteriousBob

You don't have a unit of currency for $1? 

What the hell?

Ashby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ashby
@c1337us:  
 I completely agree. Pennies are useless and I hate having to dig out 44 cents or whatever once tax is factored in. 

I also wish we had coins the size of jam tins here! They sound amazing, ha.
Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mmmslash
@DanceDanceKennypants:  I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords.
captjim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By captjim
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @DanceDanceKennypants: Freemason and illuminati symbols. You know too much however when it said in god we trust, they are talking about the god satan. There are two gods to illuminatis and freemason, one is called satan, the other is called the creator so there is a bit of that symbolism. Actually on the bottom of the hood, you can see like an S symbol, that could also mean satan. Under the number 2000, you also see another S, that's two of them.  Still for the thread, being canadian, I have used $1 coins for quite a while now. "
deus ex was just a game and angels and demons was just a book, dude. unless you were unfortunate enough to see the movie.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#31  Edited By Video_Game_King
@luce said:
" We use them all the time in NY "
I think that's because subway systems give you dollar change in coins, not bills. I still have several of them from that one time (I hope it's the only time) I rode the subway. Oddly enough, Sacajawea is not the only person on those things.
captjim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By captjim

they should make $2 bills too.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@captjim: Not sure I follow because I own deux ex, yet haven't played it. Also on youtube, the illuminati or secret societies usually puts their satanic symbols on their currency, since they are the same ppl in the feder reserve who prints and creates the currency. I belive in that theory, I belive these are not good ppl and if that sort of stuff is in deux ex, maybe I should actually install it then and play it. 

If anyone doesn't belive me that u.s currency has illuminati symbols and 9/11 imagery all over their currency, I say go to youtube and look this up for yourself. I can post videos, however I have to post quite a few to make my point. The op knows exactly what i'm talking about.
captjim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By captjim
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @captjim: Not sure I follow because I own deux ex, yet haven't played it. Also on youtube, the illuminati or secret societies usually puts their satanic symbols on their currency, since they are the same ppl in the feder reserve who prints and creates the currency. I belive in that theory, I belive these are not good ppl and if that sort of stuff is in deux ex, maybe I should actually install it then and play it. "
the illuminati is in deus ex which is also probably the best pc game ever made (the original, not invisible war)

but answer me this: why the fuck would a secret society that secretly controls everything blow its own cover by putting its symbols on the currency it prints?
Avatar image for thedukeofargyll
TheDukeofArgyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheDukeofArgyll

Dollar coins last longer then dollar bills.  The mints wouldn't have to waste money replacing bills if we all used coins.  But in the end, conspiracy theories about robotic Free Mason Illuminati makes far more sense.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HitmanAgent47

@captjim: Trust me all politicans likes to use the illuminati hand signal or the devil too in pictures. I have youtube videos of this, even in the music industry because they like to show they are out there. However most of us are oblivious to it, they want to say they exist and we control you, yet most ppl doesn't even know that. They do it all the time, yet it's still a secret society. Look the federal reserve is federal is federal express, they are a private bank owned by illuminati freemason billionares. They are a shadow government and they like to put their stamp on their currency. They are all part of a satanic cult before they took office. That's how it works.  

I got to eat lunch, however I will read your reply. I thought it might be interesting talking about these because the op and I knows about this. 

captjim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By captjim
@HitmanAgent47:  hahahahaha, dude, god damn. so what you're telling me is the same government that can't cover up a couple of schmucks breaking into watergate can sufficiently cover up (except when they feel like revealing it through folding bills) that every significant american political figure has all been in a satanic cult that controls everything?

and tell me, are the texas longhorns all satanists? is the university of texas a secret school for indoctrinating satanists? after all they all use the same hand signals. is ozzy osbourne in their club? is everyone who's ever designed an album cover in their club? tell me, i have to know.

also are you sure they're not all aliens in disguise? after all there are youtube videos 'proving' that as well, and crazy david icke thinks so.
RaceKickfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RaceKickfist

i like having a lot of them. then i can play pirate.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By TheHT

This has become a tin foil hat only zone.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Devil240Z

I haven't seen a dollar like that in a while. I think they have a dude on them now. and my friend has them all the time and calls em shillings. 

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By hockeymask27

Welcome to the club 

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Scooper

This thread turned funny quickly.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By Toxin066

I'm now selling tin foil hats. For $1 (coin only).

captjim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By captjim

when the aliens crashed at roswell they took over everyone's brains and rewrote human history and inserted all these things like foldable dollar bills and shit just to fuck around with people who would possibly interpret them in some weird way as satanic or something and now they're all just sitting there in area 51, which was actually meant to be a disneyland for las vegas until they took it over, and they're laughing at people who are flipping out and saying it's an ancient satanic secret society comprising every american political figure.

Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Famov

I am totally into Canada's wildlife theme on their currency, but the Queen has got to go. Seriously, you guys don't need her! 

I dont spend the 1 dollar coin because every one I get I save. It's a habit I got from back when my dad would give us Susan B Anthony coins as allowance. I have over 100 of those saved up.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@captjim: Alien spaceships are only demonic spirtual phenomenon, not actual space craft, that's why they don't move normally. Ask yourself where do they come from? If they were aliens they would of invaded us by now they know us. You never see them land, just dissapear. All the abductions you seen in the past are just demonic possession, nothing else except to fool you. In the past they had different hindu blue godsJust say the word jesus a few times. The music industry if you look it up is a satanic ritual for the VMA, they subscribe to a demon called jinn, or genie. Alot of ppl in the music industry sold their soul to the devil in exchange for sucess. You can't really get ahead in the world unless you do that. You see illuminati symbols and the world new world order from alot of rap songs.    

There are a 100 videos about this look it up.

The bankers are part of the bilderberg group who controls our currency and federal reserve, they were the ones who bankrupted the nation. The idea was to start a one world government, they will have a world wide currency once our currency isn't worth anything around the world. Yale has a santanic cult, heard of skull and bones? You ask why expose themselves when it should be kept a secret? Well they are proud and without the information age of youtube, we wouldn't know. Well the point is since they print and create the u.s currency, they put their stamp on it. It's like subliminal, that's effective. To say illuminati symbols are not related to currency is to be completely ignorant and a tool.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RE_Player1

I'm more of a Toonie fan myself, all my Canadian brothers will know what I'm saying ;)