The Anonymity Of The Internet (Please take the time to read this)

• 53 results
strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 50

#51  Edited By strangeling
lostaddict1993 said:
"I know very well that he spent that time and my point is the unnecessarity of it. He did specifically tell me what a long time he spent on it. Also, by logging into a game related forum once every fifteen minutes or so as I sit at my computer writing my term paper for english, I'm not wasting my time. I'm on here for roughly two minutes each time and it breaks up the tedium of writing. I'm being productive and checking around a fun site which I enjoy at the same time. With him we're talking hours of sitting in one place in his room just deep in thought, just like Plato or Socrates."

That may seem excessive, but a gamertag is essentially a nickname.  Nobody wants a stupid (to them) nickname.  So yeah, people like to put some thought into it, because they want to be referred to as something they like the sound of.  If you first few choices aren't already taken by someone else, it's a lot easier too.
fr33lanc3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By fr33lanc3r

I have to say something that has been driving me nuts here, My friends and I have a rule, no names with more than 2 numbers next to each other, unless it is using 1337 speak, then and ONLY then is it ok.  And we also have a theorem, and it is as follows.

1.) 2 numbers at the end of the name: graduation or birth year/ last 2 numbers
2.) 4 numbers at the end of the name: graduation or birth year
3.) any other grouping of numbers near the end of the name: total retard that cannot think up something original
3.a.) xXNAMEXx: also unoriginal
4.) ..............
5.) PROFIT!

So which one is it, out of curiosity, is it you were born in 1993 or graduated in 1993..... but I digress

Yes, anonymity is a bad thing, it gives assholes like me reason to point out the little things with other assholes, many other people struck me in this topic, but I thought it would be fun to hit up the OP.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Bulldog19892
lostaddict1993 said:
"Well I'm just ready to delete the original post, not because I digress, but because of uneducated, uninformed, impudent people such as MasturbatingBear. Could you honestly not have understood what I meant by shortening your name to Bear? You obviously have some deep paranoia problems which you should get checked out. You also most certainly did say you came up with your name from "something ryan said" or some such droll along those lines. Honestly I'm done. Verge, you have captured exactly what I have been saying for days. BEAR if you have the brain power, please go back and read Verge's post as my reading skills are far more than adequate and he has made the most sense of anybody I have seen on this site in quite a while."
Uneducated and uninformed about what? The symbolism and complexities of user-names? It's his gamertag, not his magnum opus. I think you're overreacting about it. I agree with the rest of what you said, but your criticism of "Sailboats" continues to baffle me.