• 91 results
#1 Posted by BeachThunder (11803 posts) -

Post any good April Fools' Day pranks/jokes you come across. To start off with, this is Google's joke:

BTW, this site keeps a massive list of April Fools' Day stuff every year.

#2 Posted by Hailinel (24286 posts) -

Here we go again.

#3 Posted by StrainedEyes (1323 posts) -

This is super dumb, but I caught a Bulbasaur right away so I'm okay with it.

#4 Posted by Willza92 (259 posts) -

Somewhere in the world it's April 1st?

#5 Posted by Nightriff (4979 posts) -

Most of the time April Fools jokes are terrible but from time to time a good one will get me. Still love that IGN Zelda movie trailer, I think they could pull it off.

#6 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10863 posts) -

It's not even April yet!

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by Sackmanjones (4682 posts) -

Too soon....

#8 Posted by artofwar420 (6276 posts) -

My friends got engaged yesterday... should I chuck it off as an April Fools joke? What if one of them is not in on it? Terrifying and hilarious.

#9 Posted by Dalai (7017 posts) -

Maybe it's my old age, but I think most of them are a bit too obvious for me to find funny anymore. The best April Fools jokes are the ones that are actually plausible and are believable.

Maybe this would be a good time for Phil Fish to announce Fez 2 again.

#10 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

I'd love some preposterous announcement like Half Life 3 or World of Warcraft 2 for consoles or something, and it actually being truthful.

#11 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1556 posts) -

I fucking hate April Fool's Day

#12 Posted by ZolRoyce (651 posts) -

I hate April Fools, I wont be a buzzkill dick wad about it, if you are into it, good for you, but it kind of misses the point of being 'pranked' or having a joke pulled or something, the best prank is the one you don't see coming, Aprils fools is just a day of "look at this joke you knew was going to happen!" It's so funny right?!"

#13 Edited by WeaponBoy (162 posts) -

FF14 announced theirs: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/000692.html

Today we'll be discussing the upcoming "Favour" system! This new system will allow adventurers to grow even closer to their favorite NPCs. Have you held out hope that one day Minfilia will look your way for longer than a cutscene? Or perhaps you offer gifts to Merlwyb to try and win her over? Well, that's what the Favour system is for!

But wait, it's still March 31st! (Not in Japan.)

#14 Edited by GorillaMoPena (2031 posts) -

The only good April Fools thing will be Rifftrax's National Geographic channel special

#15 Posted by Counterclockwork87 (652 posts) -

Excited to see all the pranks, I love it.

Happy to hear all the miserable people that hate it. Glad I don't have that life! It's nice to enjoy things.

#16 Edited by SteadyingMeat (1144 posts) -

That Spelunkin' With Scoops in the upcoming events thingy better not be a joke. >:|

#18 Posted by Flacracker (1642 posts) -

Remember when April Fools day actually happened on April 1st?

#19 Posted by wemibelec90 (1611 posts) -

The only good April Fool's Day joke is a non-existent April Fool's Day joke. Professional companies and websites flat out lying one day of the year doesn't make me think very highly of them.

#20 Posted by Gaff (1708 posts) -

Remember when April Fools day actually happened on April 1st?

Remember when the Earth was divided in time zones?

#22 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5375 posts) -

Oh yeah, I guess it's time of year again. I thought the Pokemon map thing was kind of cool.

#23 Edited by crithon (3111 posts) -

I don't know whom this is an april fools too? I love the shot of the people reacting to the business man on the street the most.

#24 Posted by deathfromace (148 posts) -

@crithon said:

I don't know whom this is an april fools too? I love the shot of the people reacting to the business man on the street the most.

Most people just use the holiday to have fun and I'm okay with that. I doubt anyone took this as a serious job (I hope at least) but it's a fun thing to put a video out for and a neat update that let's people do things.

#25 Edited by RonGalaxy (3071 posts) -

My dad works at valve and he said half life 3 is getting released today.

Yes, my dad is Gabe Newell

#26 Edited by RecSpec (3799 posts) -

Call of Duty Ghosts

#27 Posted by tsutohiro (364 posts) -

Tomorrow is for fools.

#28 Posted by Lava (665 posts) -

Tumblr has "tumblr pro" which just adds a top hat to your icon... I found it amusing.

#29 Posted by Disaya (288 posts) -

The only good April Fools thing will be Rifftrax's National Geographic channel special

I can't wait to watch this.

Only april fools stuff I've seen so far is the tumblr pro icon change and deviantart has something called thought arts, where is draws some random image.

#30 Posted by JJBSterling (175 posts) -

@recspec said:

Call of Duty Ghosts

I didn't think this was real, turned on my xbox just to check, that's amazing.

#31 Edited by ThatOneDudeNick (550 posts) -

I'm not a fan of April Fools day. But I always hope for an actual funny or realistic one. So far all I've found is headdit. Not that funny, but it's the first one I noticed this year.

Lets start more rumors that Nintendo games are coming to mobile with this Google Pokemon thing. I'd play the shit out of some Pokemon on my phone.

#32 Posted by Phili151 (110 posts) -
#33 Edited by Rowr (5525 posts) -

I kind of wish they had gone all in on this Pokémon thing and made more than just clicking stuff. If I had a day off and some friends I would love to go on an epic car trip to catch pretend Pokémon in various locations.

Also as far as Australia is concerned all the Pokémon seem to be in Sydney. Racists.

#34 Posted by sephirm87 (235 posts) -

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/13611763/

This is Blizzards April Fool's Joke. Starcraft 2: Herald of the Stars.

#35 Posted by Forcen (1810 posts) -
#36 Posted by Jesus_Phish (670 posts) -

http://ie.ign.com/videos/2014/04/01/titanfall-optimus-prime-dlc-trailer?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

Titanfall DLC brings in Optimus Prime. A few people on my facebook feed fell for this.

#37 Edited by Roboculus92 (494 posts) -

The finale for how i met your mother was certainly an early April Fool's joke because there's no way they could have messed it up that badly. Clearly, they're going to air the real finale tonight.........

#38 Posted by ripelivejam (3743 posts) -

gnna just watch that simpsons quasi clip episode ad nauseum?

APRIL FOOLS???

the fool is me :(

#39 Edited by Fattony12000 (7270 posts) -

#40 Posted by Gruebacca (510 posts) -

Fucking Minecraft. They took the sound effects and replaced them with what sounds like Dave Lang drunk off his ass reading the names of the sound effects.

#41 Edited by SingingMenstrual (327 posts) -

@seppli said:

I'd love some preposterous announcement like Half Life 3 or..

:(

#42 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -
#43 Edited by RonGalaxy (3071 posts) -

Best thing about netflix's joke is that at the end it says "if you liked this, you might like..." and then it links to a bunch of kevin bacon movies.

#44 Posted by Gatehouse (601 posts) -

http://ie.ign.com/videos/2014/04/01/titanfall-optimus-prime-dlc-trailer?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

Titanfall DLC brings in Optimus Prime. A few people on my facebook feed fell for this.

Was just about to say this. I really liked that they used old Optimus Prime for this gag.

#45 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1632 posts) -

Shenmue 3 is here apparently you guys. I didn't actually think this one was too bad.

#46 Posted by RJPelonia (855 posts) -
#47 Posted by crithon (3111 posts) -

@jesus_phish said:

Was just about to say this. I really liked that they used old Optimus Prime for this gag.

Is that Troy Baker trying to do Optimus Prime? Not too bad, fun, just needed some Stan Bush then it'd be me just squeeling.

#48 Edited by ghostyTrickster (287 posts) -
#49 Posted by BeachThunder (11803 posts) -

#50 Posted by TruthTellah (8722 posts) -

@jesus_phish said:

Wait... shouldn't this be a real thing? Transformers in Titanfall?

I mean... the money is right there in people's pockets, ready to disappear.