Posted by blazerx9x (648 posts) -

Sup duders, right now I should probably get to the usual bitchin epic rants, but not today, today, I have an even better idea, well, if you haven`t been living under a rock for a while, you would know that labor day is coming up in a few days, this monday I think, so, I figured I would dedicate one blog to all the soldiers that risked their lives and also have been killed to make this country what it is, now I remember once I actually started bitchin about america, just slightly, actually, it was only about the south, but now I just realized that the world isn`t perfect, just like most of us human beings, we try hard, and we make mistakes. But anyways, like I said, this blogs gonna be me being all thankful and shit, but I feel that there should be more than just being grateful, these people died for our country, and I feel that I...no, WE, owe them a`lot more, but as far as I see it, the best thing for us duders to do ( that sounded funny, duders to do, lol, say that like three times fast :P ), and that would be to show our appreciation somehow, in this case, i`m showing it by blogging it on the internet, which actually, can be a bad idea in some cases, but that`s not my fault if some dude just says something stupid. So, without further ado, here is my blog dedicated to Labor day... have you ever heard of the story, " The Army Son"? Well, here it is, taken straight out of the website jokesnjokes.com, no seriously I found it there, and after coming across this sad story, this is what made me feel that I should appreciate what I have more, and appreciate what the army has done for us, so without further ado, taken straight out of the website I found it in, may I proudly present, the Army Son.

The Army Son

The Army Son

By: Author Unknown

The Creightons were very proud of their son, Frank. When he went to college, naturally they missed him; but he wrote and they looked forward to his letters and saw him on weekends. Then Frank was drafted into the army.

After he had been in the army about five months, he received his call to go to Vietnam. Of course, the parents' anxiety for his first letter was greater than ever before. And ever week they heard from him and were thankful for his well-being. Then one week went by without a letter ~ two weeks ~ and finally three. At the end of the third week a telegram came, saying, "We regret to inform you that you son has been missing for three weeks and is presumed to have been killed inaction while fighting for his country."

The parents were shocked and grieved. They tried to accept the situation and go on living, but it was tragically lonesome without Frank.

About three weeks later, however, the phone rang. When Mrs. Creighton answered it, a voice on the other end said, "Mother, it's Frank. they found me, and I'm going to be all right. I'm in the United States and I'm coming home soon."

Mrs. Creighton was overjoyed, with tears running down her cheeks she sobbed, "Oh, that's wonderful! That's just wonderful, Frank."

There was silence for a moment, and then Frank said, "Mother I want to ask you something that is important to me. While I've been here, I've met a lot of wonderful people and I've really become close friends with some. There is one fellow I would like to bring home with me to meet you and Dad. And I would like to know if it would be all right if he could stay and live with us, because he has no place to go."

His mother assured him it would be all right.

Then Frank said, "You see, he wasn't' as lucky as some; he was injured in battle. He was hit by a blast and his face is all disfigured. He lost his leg, and his right hand is missing. So you see, he feels uneasy about how others will accept him."

Frank's mother stopped to think a minute. She began to wonder how things would work out, and what people in town would think of someone like that. She said, "Sure Frank, you bring him home~ for a visit, that is. We would love to meet him and have him stay for a while; but about him staying with us permanently, well, we'll have to think about that." There was silence for a minute, and then Frank said, "Okay, Mother," and hung up.

A week went by without any word from Frank, and then a telegram arrived ~ "We regret to inform you that your son has taken his life. We would like you to come and identify the body."

Their wonderful son was gone. The horror stricken parents could only ask themselves, "Why had he done this?" When they walked into the room to identify the body of their son, they found a young man with a disfigured face, one leg missing, and his right hand gone.

My thoughts and how it has been changed

Well, seriously, don`t tell me you didn`t at least feel A LITTLE bit sorry for the dude, I mean, did you READ that ending? If you just wen`t and skipped the story, go and at least read the last paragraph, then i`m pretty sure would have gotten the idea. But anyways, after reading all that, it made me think, "huh, after all the bitchin that i`ve done, should I seriously keep on bitchin about the world and it`s faults, or just shut up and appreciate this cruel, cold world we are living in." well, I chose the second option, because life`s way too short to do nothing but complaining, and it really is true about what I just said, I have 6 dedicated blogs ( so far ) doing nothing but complaining and bitching about life, this right here, changed the way I think of the world. It`s wierd how some holiday that most people would just immediately think " oh, no school, AWESOME " or, " hey, BBQ time, party at my house! ", no, labor day is much more than that, and i`m glad that I actually took the time to really think about it.

So guys, I would like to ask, did this story effect you in any way? and also, how are YOU celebrating labor day? Well duders, i`m out, feel free to answer my questions, disagree with what i`m talking about, or as always, leave me some awesome hate comments, your choice, K guys.

PEACE!
( Oh, P.S, even though I clearly said that I would stop bitchin about shit, i`m totally going to come out with an epic rant in a few days, yeah I know, i`m pathetic. )
#1 Posted by blazerx9x (648 posts) -

Sup duders, right now I should probably get to the usual bitchin epic rants, but not today, today, I have an even better idea, well, if you haven`t been living under a rock for a while, you would know that labor day is coming up in a few days, this monday I think, so, I figured I would dedicate one blog to all the soldiers that risked their lives and also have been killed to make this country what it is, now I remember once I actually started bitchin about america, just slightly, actually, it was only about the south, but now I just realized that the world isn`t perfect, just like most of us human beings, we try hard, and we make mistakes. But anyways, like I said, this blogs gonna be me being all thankful and shit, but I feel that there should be more than just being grateful, these people died for our country, and I feel that I...no, WE, owe them a`lot more, but as far as I see it, the best thing for us duders to do ( that sounded funny, duders to do, lol, say that like three times fast :P ), and that would be to show our appreciation somehow, in this case, i`m showing it by blogging it on the internet, which actually, can be a bad idea in some cases, but that`s not my fault if some dude just says something stupid. So, without further ado, here is my blog dedicated to Labor day... have you ever heard of the story, " The Army Son"? Well, here it is, taken straight out of the website jokesnjokes.com, no seriously I found it there, and after coming across this sad story, this is what made me feel that I should appreciate what I have more, and appreciate what the army has done for us, so without further ado, taken straight out of the website I found it in, may I proudly present, the Army Son.

The Army Son

The Army Son

By: Author Unknown

The Creightons were very proud of their son, Frank. When he went to college, naturally they missed him; but he wrote and they looked forward to his letters and saw him on weekends. Then Frank was drafted into the army.

After he had been in the army about five months, he received his call to go to Vietnam. Of course, the parents' anxiety for his first letter was greater than ever before. And ever week they heard from him and were thankful for his well-being. Then one week went by without a letter ~ two weeks ~ and finally three. At the end of the third week a telegram came, saying, "We regret to inform you that you son has been missing for three weeks and is presumed to have been killed inaction while fighting for his country."

The parents were shocked and grieved. They tried to accept the situation and go on living, but it was tragically lonesome without Frank.

About three weeks later, however, the phone rang. When Mrs. Creighton answered it, a voice on the other end said, "Mother, it's Frank. they found me, and I'm going to be all right. I'm in the United States and I'm coming home soon."

Mrs. Creighton was overjoyed, with tears running down her cheeks she sobbed, "Oh, that's wonderful! That's just wonderful, Frank."

There was silence for a moment, and then Frank said, "Mother I want to ask you something that is important to me. While I've been here, I've met a lot of wonderful people and I've really become close friends with some. There is one fellow I would like to bring home with me to meet you and Dad. And I would like to know if it would be all right if he could stay and live with us, because he has no place to go."

His mother assured him it would be all right.

Then Frank said, "You see, he wasn't' as lucky as some; he was injured in battle. He was hit by a blast and his face is all disfigured. He lost his leg, and his right hand is missing. So you see, he feels uneasy about how others will accept him."

Frank's mother stopped to think a minute. She began to wonder how things would work out, and what people in town would think of someone like that. She said, "Sure Frank, you bring him home~ for a visit, that is. We would love to meet him and have him stay for a while; but about him staying with us permanently, well, we'll have to think about that." There was silence for a minute, and then Frank said, "Okay, Mother," and hung up.

A week went by without any word from Frank, and then a telegram arrived ~ "We regret to inform you that your son has taken his life. We would like you to come and identify the body."

Their wonderful son was gone. The horror stricken parents could only ask themselves, "Why had he done this?" When they walked into the room to identify the body of their son, they found a young man with a disfigured face, one leg missing, and his right hand gone.

My thoughts and how it has been changed

Well, seriously, don`t tell me you didn`t at least feel A LITTLE bit sorry for the dude, I mean, did you READ that ending? If you just wen`t and skipped the story, go and at least read the last paragraph, then i`m pretty sure would have gotten the idea. But anyways, after reading all that, it made me think, "huh, after all the bitchin that i`ve done, should I seriously keep on bitchin about the world and it`s faults, or just shut up and appreciate this cruel, cold world we are living in." well, I chose the second option, because life`s way too short to do nothing but complaining, and it really is true about what I just said, I have 6 dedicated blogs ( so far ) doing nothing but complaining and bitching about life, this right here, changed the way I think of the world. It`s wierd how some holiday that most people would just immediately think " oh, no school, AWESOME " or, " hey, BBQ time, party at my house! ", no, labor day is much more than that, and i`m glad that I actually took the time to really think about it.

So guys, I would like to ask, did this story effect you in any way? and also, how are YOU celebrating labor day? Well duders, i`m out, feel free to answer my questions, disagree with what i`m talking about, or as always, leave me some awesome hate comments, your choice, K guys.

PEACE!
( Oh, P.S, even though I clearly said that I would stop bitchin about shit, i`m totally going to come out with an epic rant in a few days, yeah I know, i`m pathetic. )
#2 Posted by Dantekiller (204 posts) -

to many word cant read brain die kdjgo ogkjso inwoieg kjgopiae ----^--------^---------------------------- dead 

#3 Posted by Mrnitropb (2090 posts) -
@Dantekiller said:
" to many word cant read brain die kdjgo ogkjso inwoieg kjgopiae ----^--------^---------------------------- dead  "
fucking illiterate retard.
#4 Posted by Dantekiller (204 posts) -
@Mrnitropb: @Mrnitropb said:
" @Dantekiller said:
" to many word cant read brain die kdjgo ogkjso inwoieg kjgopiae ----^--------^---------------------------- dead  "
fucking illiterate retard. "
wow its a jk why you mad any way  whats wrong with you dude just ready to curse people out you got BATMAN my friend 
#5 Posted by Mrnitropb (2090 posts) -
@Dantekiller said:
" @Mrnitropb: @Mrnitropb said:
" @Dantekiller said:
fucking illiterate retard. "
wow its a jk why you mad any way  whats wrong with you dude just ready to curse people out you got BATMAN my friend  "
If you can be assed to actually READ a post on a forum, its best to not show everyone else that you have the attention span of, well Teddie, by posting an asanine TL;dr. Just leave the thread quietly, and you'll both be better for it.
You do realize that forums are for words, right?
And what the fuck is "You got BATMAN" supposed to mean?
#6 Posted by RecSpec (4134 posts) -

What did this have to do with Labor Day again? 
Seems more of a Veterans Day kinda story?

But the replies made me laugh, so I am a bad person...

#7 Posted by Dantekiller (204 posts) -
@Mrnitropb: i did READ all of it and BATMAN is what they duders at GB are useing in StarCraft 2 for BAD MANNERS AKA BM ,and still with the curse words why????
#8 Posted by Mrnitropb (2090 posts) -
@Dantekiller said:
" @Mrnitropb: i did READ all of it and BATMAN is what they duders at GB are useing in StarCraft 2 for BAD MANNERS AKA BM ,and still with the curse words why???? "
I curse because you're fucking annoying. If you can't tolerate profanity, then its probably past your bedtime, meathead.
#9 Posted by Dantekiller (204 posts) -
@Mrnitropb: @Mrnitropb said:
" @Dantekiller said:
" @Mrnitropb: i did READ all of it and BATMAN is what they duders at GB are useing in StarCraft 2 for BAD MANNERS AKA BM ,and still with the curse words why???? "
I curse because you're fucking annoying. If you can't tolerate profanity, then its probably past your bedtime, meathead. "
i still dont understand you why you mad did your boyfriend dump you any way that not my concern ill will ignore you starting ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NOW
#10 Posted by actionTACO (496 posts) -

lol i wish all troops would follow his brave example

#11 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -

Man this thread is full of anger. 

I remember reading that story a while ago, it doesnt  mak very much sense to me, why would the woman allow a perfectly able man (a stranger non-the-less) to live with them permanently, but not a disfigured person who actually needs the shelter? Thats like saying, "sure ill let this lazy bum live in my house for free but this person who fought for his country and payed dearly can rot on the streets".

I also find it odd that the son expects his mother to treat a stranger with the same hospitality as she would her own fucking son. Of fucking course his mother would take him in in that condition, any able mother would.

#12 Posted by blazerx9x (648 posts) -
@actionTACO said:
" lol i wish all troops would follow his brave example "
That would be aaawesome
@Gunner said:
" Man this thread is full of anger.   I remember reading that story a while ago, it doesnt  mak very much sense to me, why would the woman allow a perfectly able man (a stranger non-the-less) to live with them permanently, but not a disfigured person who actually needs the shelter? Thats like saying, "sure ill let this lazy bum live in my house for free but this person who fought for his country and payed dearly can rot on the streets".  I also find it odd that the son expects his mother to treat a stranger with the same hospitality as she would her own fucking son. Of fucking course his mother would take him in in that condition, any able mother would. "

I just found the story sad
#13 Posted by supermike6 (3666 posts) -

I fully support the whole not-bitching idea! A while back I decided that positives are way more fun, and life couldn't be better since! There are a lot of people who bitch nowadays, it's more original to actually be optimistic about things.

#14 Posted by MrCandleguy (812 posts) -

Dudes so hating on each other, its a forum not a boxing ring.

#15 Posted by Xeiphyer (5619 posts) -

Anyone else disappointed this wasn't a governmentcheese related topic? I know I was.

#16 Posted by goodwood (600 posts) -

I will spend the weekend floating down the sacramento river. But yes that story is sad and true for a lot of veterans who come back missing an arm or a leg and none of us can think that we have been in a similar situation (unless you are in the armed forces).