The Atheist's Nightmare? Doubt it.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Snipzor

As you are reading this, you are no doubt wondering why this thread is necessary. Well, it isn't really, but rather it is a look at the way Creation "scientists" have progressed over the past 25 years. Understand who the current leaders are, there's James Dobson who represents the social grasp of the Evangelical movement, then there was Kent Hoven, who apparenly used to be a high school science teacher. Which I don't buy. But then there's the classic duo of Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron (Yea, the guy from Growing Pains). Now I won't bother with Kirk, he's just an idiot who has no idea of the evolutionary process or any knowledge of transitional species (Like Ambolucetus or Tiktaalik to name a couple, among the hundreds of thousands recorded).

Rather I present to you, Ray Comfort, the greatest unintentional humor in history. The banana can apparently prove atheists wrong... yea he said that. You can find that claim by searching "The Atheists Nightmare" on any video hosting website, and while you watch it, turn off any logic. Now you must understand, he is apparently the top of the Creationist Scientist, which shows how desperate they are right now. The video below (By Nick Gisburne) is a satirical but intellectual look of the claims by Comfort.

This is not a critique of beliefs, far from it. This is a critique of the extremists inability to move on with the times, or even compromise beliefs. I have always wondered why the assumption that evolution is the most evil thing in the universe, is still there. It's been proven, and the great thing about creationism (as long as it does not interfere with facts) is that you can actually bend it to say "All of what the scientists have said is true, [EXPLANATION OCCURS], and this is how the process began. I don't like it, but it is much better than saying "EVERYTHING THOSE EVIL SCIENTISTS ARE SAYING WILL GIVE THEM A ONE WAY TICKET TO HELL" (As heard from the Creationist Museum).

Why don't they do what they have done for the last 50 years and admit defeat on the diversity of life?
Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Whisperkill

WHY IS THIS SITE'S MEMBERS SO RELIGIOUSLY OBSSESED WITH ATHEISM!!!

seriously, calm the hell down
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Snipzor
Whisperkill said:
"WHY IS THIS SITE'S MEMBERS SO RELIGIOUSLY OBSSESED WITH ATHEISM!!!
seriously, calm the hell down
"
Calm down about what? Did you even read the post? It had little to nothing to do about atheism.
Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Whisperkill

I know, but i have been a little annoyed about how there are so many topics about Atheism, I honestly dont mind other peoples opinions, but you dont see many topics about how awesome religon is...\

I dont give a crap whether Obama made his oath with a bible or not, and neither should anyone else, especially if you are atheist.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Claude
Avatar image for daeth_on_demand
Daeth_On_Demand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Daeth_On_Demand

I agree with a lot of what you say (especially the dislike for Kirk Cameron [lol]), but to say that evolution has been proven is plain wrong.

We've never observed a macro-evolution, which means we technically don't have proof.

There may be a lot/overwhelming evidence to support the theory of evolution, but there is no conclusive proof (considering that the majority if not all genetic mutations have been detrimental not helpful to the creatures that underwent them).

Not trying to spark a huge debate or come of as an ignorant redkneck or be a blundering fool, just thought I'd point out that evolution is still a theory.  The scientific community would love to be able to say that evolution is fact, but they haven't been able to yet because it hasn't been conclusively proven yet.

(And why the hell is "proven" coming up on my spell check.  Am I spelling it wrong?  :/)

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By serbsta

Evolution has NOT been proven, in fact it has been wrong more times than it has been proven right. Im not a Creationist, but lets not get our facts twisted.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Systech

I dare you to close your eyes while the video plays. You'll find that things sound a little different.

Avatar image for daeth_on_demand
Daeth_On_Demand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Daeth_On_Demand

"If you studied a well-made banana"...

"If you get your hand ready to grip a banana"...

xD

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Claude
systech said:
"I dare you to close your eyes while the video plays. You'll find that things sound a little different."

My wife uses a banana to show how a condom works. God works in mysterious ways.

The banana turned brown real fast.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Snipzor

I would like to disagree with how some of you say that Microevolution is real while Macroevolution is not documented. Mainly because the difference implies time, you cannot continue to call a 100 million year evolution "Microevolution". I made that mistake a while ago. Actually, I suggest all here to watch a series called "Why do people laugh at creationists", it's a good watch.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Claude
Snipzor said:
"I would like to disagree with how some of you say that Microevolution is real while Macroevolution is not documented. Mainly because the difference implies time, you cannot continue to call a 100 million year evolution "Microevolution". I made that mistake a while ago. Actually, I suggest all here to watch a series called "Why do people laugh at creationists", it's a good watch.
"

I'm not saying evolution is not valid, but it is a theory. The term evolution means change, thus change is part of the theory. Creationist argue while trying to prove wrong the evolutionary process which is impossilble, because its ever changing. I truly believe we evolved and that's where I stand.
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By serbsta

Banana's are the way they are because that is how they are cultivated... there is nothing more special about them.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Pibo47

*facepalm* MB...lock...this is going to get crazy soon.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Gunner
Whisperkill said:
"I know, but i have been a little annoyed about how there are so many topics about Atheism, I honestly dont mind other peoples opinions, but you dont see many topics about how awesome religon is...\
I dont give a crap whether Obama made his oath with a bible or not, and neither should anyone else, especially if you are atheist.
"
Its called Off-topic for a reason, Im tired of all the "ONG WAI ARE GURLS SO HAWT YET WERD AT THE SAME TEIM!?!?" threads but you dont see me falming their topics.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Snipzor
Pibo47 said:
"*facepalm* MB...lock...this is going to get crazy soon."
Depending if this is a religion debate, I don't want it to be. If it continues, please lock it.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Claude
Snipzor said:
"Pibo47 said:
"*facepalm* MB...lock...this is going to get crazy soon."
Depending if this is a religion debate, I don't want it to be. If it continues, please lock it."

It's not religion, it's life.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

not bad, but he should have dropped the rhertoric and shit and just mentioned the fact that the bannana we eat today is a desert bannana thats been cultivated over 1000's of years and that wild bannanas are often nasty and different shapes and colors and shit.

P.S: apes like bannanas that must mean we are related.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By chililili

People who are referring to evolution as a "theory" do not understand at all what a scientific theory is. It is not something that was cooked up by bored scientists one afternoon. Evolution is fact, certain factors might need work, but it has been proven in bacteria and other forms of life, that have a far shorter lifesapn and a much higher reproduction rate than us. There are many things which are "Theories" but in order them ot be theories they must be supported by facts and be pretty damn tight. We cannot have a "law" of evolution, because evolution cannot be explained mathematically (as of right now) maybe in the future Super computers might actually be able to make a law of evolution.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Claude
chililili said:
"People who are referring to evolution as a "theory" do not understand at all what a scientific theory is. It is not something that was cooked up by bored scientists one afternoon. Evolution is fact, certain factors might need work, but it has been proven in bacteria and other forms of life, that have a far shorter lifesapn and a much higher reproduction rate than us. There are many things which are "Theories" but in order them ot be theories they must be supported by facts and be pretty damn tight. We cannot have a "law" of evolution, because evolution cannot be explained mathematically (as of right now) maybe in the future Super computers might actually be able to make a law of evolution."

I think 3/4 of us agree. I don't really see an argument.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By jakob187

The atheist's nightmare would be waking up and finding out that they ARE part of a religion!!! *GASP*

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By serbsta
Claude said:
"chililili said:
"People who are referring to evolution as a "theory" do not understand at all what a scientific theory is. It is not something that was cooked up by bored scientists one afternoon. Evolution is fact, certain factors might need work, but it has been proven in bacteria and other forms of life, that have a far shorter lifesapn and a much higher reproduction rate than us. There are many things which are "Theories" but in order them ot be theories they must be supported by facts and be pretty damn tight. We cannot have a "law" of evolution, because evolution cannot be explained mathematically (as of right now) maybe in the future Super computers might actually be able to make a law of evolution."

I think 3/4 of us agree. I don't really see an argument."
I agree, but not in regards to homo-sapiens.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Claude
serbsta said:
"Claude said:
"chililili said:

I think 3/4 of us agree. I don't really see an argument."
I agree, but not in regards to homo-sapiens."
So... into the past we go again. We live and learn, but never forget from which we've come, only to forget again and again until we learn. We are of this earth and that which surrounds us. We are alone for now.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Snipzor

I finally found what I was looking for, regarding Macroevolution. Believe it or not.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Claude
Snipzor said:
"I finally found what I was looking for, regarding Macroevolution. Believe it or not.

"
There will never be an end... knock on wood. Please god let it end. 
Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

Ha...yes...this guy is the leader of the creationist movement. We all know this guy represents the best of that side. And last time I checked, Kent Hoven, James Dobson, and Kirk Cameron are not the leaders of the creationist movement. If your going to make a post, at least don't lie and make it fair.

Oh, and I think the atheist's nightmare is actually Alvin Plantinga.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By Meowayne

Just stop. You are all embarassing yourself.  And yes, this includes both sides.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By azteris
Meowayne said:
"Just stop. You are all embarassing yourself.  And yes, this includes both sides."
Standing outside of an argument and calling everyone an idiot always solves things.....

..right?
DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DeadlyPain

lol - its a fucking banana, who gives a shit who made it just eat the fucking thing!

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SoothsayerGB

The word religion can be construed in all sorts of ways.   So like the context you put it in changes, so does it's meaning.  Sorry to break it you.

"My Dog eats those biscuits religiously."   Bad insult is bad.  I agree, this "debate" is pointless.  Since neither side is willing to really listen.

Rain_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rain_Dog
serbsta said:
"Evolution has NOT been proven, in fact it has been wrong more times than it has been proven right. Im not a Creationist, but lets not get our facts twisted."
Can you post links to some examples of where it's proven wrong?
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Gizmo

My mother is a die-hard Christian and up until a few years ago, she thought the world was 10,000 years old and that the Dinosaurs died in the Noah's Ark "flood".

Seriously.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Aurelito

I say why don't you dudes open a church with a statue of Darwin and a monkey to worship?
Of course, bible is childish and I don't believe in it. There are other books and unfortunately it's useless to say witch book is it to prove the God's existence over rational things, Like simple facts that we all believe in today, but not when that book is written.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By Shadow
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jayge_
WilliamRLBaker said:
"not bad, but he should have dropped the rhertoric and shit and just mentioned the fact that the bannana we eat today is a desert bannana thats been cultivated over 1000's of years and that wild bannanas are often nasty and different shapes and colors and shit.

P.S: apes like bannanas that must mean we are related."
You actually think... that we are not genetically related to primates?
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Jayge said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"not bad, but he should have dropped the rhertoric and shit and just mentioned the fact that the bannana we eat today is a desert bannana thats been cultivated over 1000's of years and that wild bannanas are often nasty and different shapes and colors and shit.

P.S: apes like bannanas that must mean we are related."
You actually think... that we are not genetically related to primates?"

lol are you unable to get sarcasm from a post.. let alone are you incapable of using logic man? lol im supporting the evolutionist in that he should have dropped it all and just made the point that if bannanas are perfect and god made them then how is it todays bannana that creationists are describing was made after 1000's of years culitivation and selective breeding wild uncultivated bannanas are a crap shoot ranging from different shapes, different tastes, seeds...ect lol so if im supporting the evolutionist of course i believe that we descended from apes.

P.S: mind you I believe in both views, I believe in creationism and evolutionary thought.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jayge_
WilliamRLBaker said:
"
lol are you unable to get sarcasm from a post.. let alone are you incapable of using logic man? lol im supporting the evolutionist in that he should have dropped it all and just made the point that if bannanas are perfect and god made them then how is it todays bannana that creationists are describing was made after 1000's of years culitivation and selective breeding wild uncultivated bannanas are a crap shoot ranging from different shapes, different tastes, seeds...ect lol so if im supporting the evolutionist of course i believe that we descended from apes.

P.S: mind you I believe in both views, I believe in creationism and evolutionary thought."
Could you write that in English?
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#38  Edited By Meowayne
Azteris said:
Standing outside of an argument and calling everyone an idiot always solves things.....
I contributed in the last evolution/creationism debate that was going on here, the one that Levio started, and to the one before that (which I can't find now). Edit: There it is.

("OH GOD. I just read the replies to this thread, everybody except Meowayne is making a fool of themselves. *gouges eyes out*")

I come from a very religious family and until a few years ago have been going to church regularly, and I am now studying Biology, thus my view and knowledge of this whole mess doesn't come from things I've seen on TV, blogs and Wikipedia, but from books I have actually read, as well as believers and scientists I have actually talked to. 
The only way for me to more inside of this argument is if I were a US citizen.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Jayge said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"

P.S: mind you I believe in both views, I believe in creationism and evolutionary thought."
Could you write that in English?"
stop being a dick jayge.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jayge_
WilliamRLBaker said:
"Jayge said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"

Could you write that in English?"
stop being a dick jayge."
I'm not being a dick. If I were being a dick, I would have responded with "I didn't get the sarcasm because my general perception of you is that you're not intelligent enough to engineer sentences in that manner, or in any readable manner." But I didn't say that. Now you've made me say it. Nice job.

Edit: This has been a "perspective granted" post by Jayge. No WilliamRLBakers were hurt in the testing for this product.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Meowayne said:
"Azteris said:
I contributed in the last evolution/creationism debate that was going on here, the one that Levio started, and to the one before that (which I can't find now).

("OH GOD. I just read the replies to this thread, everybody except Meowayne is making a fool of themselves. *gouges eyes out*")

I come from a very religious family and until a few years ago have been going to church regularly, and I am now studying Biology, thus my view and knowledge of this whole mess doesn't come from things I've seen on TV, blogs and Wikipedia, but from books I have actually read, as well as believers and scientists I have actually talked to. 
The only way for me to more inside of this argument is if I were a US citizen."
hes right, standing out side and calling others idiots doesn't help, solve or contribute to any thing so you've been in the debate before? good for you if you dont wanna be in this one then dont come here and tell us we are idiots basically.
Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Bulldog19892

Wow, that guy didn't really make the point I thought he was going to. Christians say the banana is absolutely perfect for the human hand, and is damn near perfect in general, thus proof of god. I say the opposite. We all know monkeys love bananas right? It fits perfectly into their hands, and is easy to open and eat. Humans are supposedly evolved from monkeys, which is why our hands are just like a monkey's, in that it is perfect for holding and eating bananas. Evidence of evolution. Not proof.

This is nothing more than different types of people filtering the world through their own beliefs. No matter what, every person will interpret the same event or object in a different manner than the next. It's how the world turns. I don't think we'll ever know who's wrong or right until we die.