#1 Posted by Rokkaku (222 posts) -

In the absence of a Whiskey Media site dedicated to music, I find myself in need of a website that covers music in an entertaining, informative way. Does anyone have any recommendations for me? I have a pretty wide taste, so long as it's not modern pop...or country, definitely not country. Thanks.

#2 Posted by HisDudeness (252 posts) -

I mostly check Consequence Of Sound and Gorilla vs Bear, because it covers a lot of my tastes. I recommend that give them a look.

#3 Posted by rotorious (70 posts) -

The daily swarm is a good aggregator for music news. Not too entertaining but normally pretty informative.

#4 Posted by benspyda (2034 posts) -

A whiskey media music site would be pretty neat. The issue I guess is that musical taste is so diverse. I have yet to find a music site that completely represents my music choice.

#5 Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar (1179 posts) -

They don't cover everything (not even close actually) but Absolute Punk and Dying Scene are pretty good when I comes to hardcore and punk music. Then I just go to Reddit for my wub wub needs.

#6 Posted by Master_Funk (733 posts) -

Pitchfork is okay for finding new music though I don't much care for their reviews.

#7 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

Consequence of Sound is fairly entertaining and covers all kinds of music. I know a lot of people hate it, and I get why, but I check Pitchfork pretty often. I also enjoy the needle drop on youtube.

If you're into hip-hop, the smoking section is a pretty good website.

#8 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

Last.fm is a great way to find new music based on your tastes.

#9 Posted by NickM (1071 posts) -

@HisDudeness: Thanks for suggesting Gorilla vs. Bear! It definitely suits my tastes.

#10 Posted by Izaak (248 posts) -

Sputnikmusic

#11 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

sputnik music if you're looking for a place that is a community....pitchfork media if you're looking for music news and reviews....last.fm if you're looking for new music to listen to.

#12 Posted by Rokkaku (222 posts) -

@HisDudeness: Gorilla vs Bear is great, found some great new albums on their best of 2011 list.

I'll check out Sputnikmusic as well.