#1 Edited by ch3burashka (5260 posts) -

Let's talk Black List.

Honestly, now that I'm making this thread, I realize that it's a middling procedural with secrets that GO ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP. However, it has James Spader being pretty awesome. It reminds me of Fringe a bit without the supernatural stuff.

So, three episodes in, it's kind of a mess. Hopefully they have some through-line they're following rather than "Lost"ing their way through 5 seasons.

EDIT: So... no one's watching? Surely this show has a higher Nielsen rating than 1...

#2 Posted by ch3burashka (5260 posts) -

I dislike bumping (don't know if it's even approved by the GB forum TOS) but I'll try once.

#3 Posted by MiniPato (2752 posts) -

I'm sure someone other than you is watching it. It's just that GB forums have been dead as hell for quite a while. Not even the GTAV section is that active. And the only reason Beyond Two Souls gets activity is from people arguing over whether its a game or not.

As for the show, haven't seen it. Bald James Spader looks weird to me and Megan Boone looks very pretty from the IMDB pictures.

#4 Posted by Sterling (2709 posts) -

Love it. Great show. Spader is fantastic in the show.

#5 Posted by Inkerman (1455 posts) -

I like it, but it is a bit chaotic right now. James Spader is awesome in it, and the female lead isn't bad. I want her husband to get shot in his stupid face though. I think what they need is a main bad guy, who's also the reason that Spader's character is doing the whole Blacklist thing in the first place. Something for the whole show to hinge on.

#6 Edited by MarkWahlberg (4610 posts) -

Name a show that's on tv right now that isn't a procedural. Sitcoms and reality tv don't count.

No, really. I'm trying to think of any and I can't.

#7 Edited by DeF (4979 posts) -

@ch3burashka: I'm really liking the show. The character stuff between the two leads is really neat and it's well cast. I'm hoping it's going places.

#8 Posted by slyspider (1376 posts) -

Haven't seen it but now i'll check it out

#9 Posted by Animasta (14730 posts) -

honestly there should just be a general TV watching thread, because there aren't many shows that a lot of people watch here.

#10 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2620 posts) -

@animasta said:

honestly there should just be a general TV watching thread, because there aren't many shows that a lot of people watch here.

There was, but no one ever posted in it and it died after like a day.

#11 Posted by ch3burashka (5260 posts) -

@animasta said:

There was, but no one ever posted in it and it died after like a day.

Probably because it was a muddled clusterfuck, as is to be expected of a "general show" thread.

#12 Posted by Morningstar (2242 posts) -

I haven't watched it, but I'll give it a go. Currently watching Sleepy Hollow and Marvel Agents Of Shield, and they are ok if a little bit silly. Haven't watched any TV series for the last 5 years and almost nothing before that so I've a lot of catching up to do. Game Of Thrones is high on that list, so is Fringe.

#13 Posted by ch3burashka (5260 posts) -

Episode 4. Creepy.

I woudn't say there's a Breaking Bad vibe, but it is about a bald guy dissolving people.