The Boondocks Has One Episode Left...and Family Guy Has Many...

• 99 results
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

I can't even type my normal intro...I recently found out The Boondocks has ONE episode left before it's officially done.  The episode will air this Sunday night, and that will be the end of the series. 

The third season barely started, and it wasn't on air for the majority of 2008 and 2009.  I own both Season 1 and Season 2, and will gladly buy it again on Blu-Ray. 

The Boondocks is a special kind of show, it's made just for adults.  No, not the kind of Family Guy or South Park adult...but for real adults who are mature enough to tackle politics, social issues, and the country as a whole.  Yeah, they said "nigga" a lot, they also said "spick", "sand nigger", and loads of other racist words towards EVERYONE.   

The Boondocks didn't favor whites, blacks, mexicans, arab, asians, etc...they took humans for what they are.   

The Boondocks never had a bad episode, every episode had purpose and structure, and a meaning.  Shit like Family Guy gets another season, and the idiot gets to make 2 more shows based on the same setting...The Boondocks has been on the verge of being banned by so many people, so many times. 

There's just so much to talk about this show...and in it's memory, I'll be posting some threads on my Blog about some key episodes.   

It's really happening...The Boondocks is officially gonna end this Sunday. 

...the only thing I can do is crack the most famous phrase from the series.   

N**** you gay.
 N**** you gay.

Please tell me there are Boondocks fans here, and please join in and show your support.  It's finally ending, man...after so many years of struggle...the near perfect show...and the primed example of anime by Americans, will finally be gone.   
Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Ravenousrattler

I thought they were just ending the season, not the whole damn show. It will be a shame to see it go considering its one of the few shows that can make me laugh.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KaosAngel
@Ravenousrattler: He has no plans to make another season, he's tired of fighting for the show.  This is it, the official end.  :\ 

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ravensword

In the commercial they said "Season Finale". Didnt make it sound like it was the last episode of the whole show. I respect any show that can say the N word on Cartoon Network and get away with it.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By MrKlorox

Source?

Also the new animation for this season was excellent. Not that faux anime stuff from season 1 and 2.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#6  Edited By citizenkane

I have only watched a few episodes of The Boondocks, and I found that the show just tried to hard.  It put me off.

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Malakhii

The boondocks is a pretty neat show, I haven't seen every episode, but the 10 or so I have were pretty rad. I know my roommate pretty much worships it, and he normally has great taste.  

It might have become cliche nowadays to say it, but it has to be said. Family Guy is absolutely fucking terrible. I despise that show to no end.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King
@KaosAngel said:
"The Boondocks never had a bad episode..."
As much as I love the Boondocks (and am assured by your referencing it as anime), I have to point out that one episode with the gay theater cult. Other than that, great show. Hell, they did the one thing I never thought they could do: turn Uncle Ruckus into a complex character.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KaosAngel
@Ravenousrattler: @MrKlorox: You guys sure?  I would feel like more of an idiot if that was true...I was almost certain this would be the last season.   The 4th Season isn't even on the 2011 lineup and there's pages demanding a Season 4.   

@CitizenKane: Tried to hard?!  If anything it barely tried, I never felt they tried too hard.  It feels more like Family Guy tried too hard with being random.  South Park was a hit or miss, but Family Guy was just a random mess.
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By beargirl1

WHAT?! 
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!  
why is it ending?!?!

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By BunkerBuster

You know, I've never seen an episode of this show even though I have two of the compilations. I don't even know what channel its on. Going to pop it on my Netflix right now.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrKlorox
@KaosAngel said:
" @Ravenousrattler: @MrKlorox: You guys sure?  I would feel like more of an idiot if that was true...I was almost certain this would be the last season.   The 4th Season isn't even on the 2011 lineup and there's pages demanding a Season 4.    "
Huh? We're asking if you're sure. Where did you hear this from?

And of course season 4 wouldn't be ready for 2011 anyway, judging by the rate of the series so far. It ain't gonna be over til Granddad's dead. If this is indeed the last season, there would surely be a movie to end it proper, right?
RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RobotHamster

I liked the show, shame to see it end.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Roger778

Every preview I've seen of the Boondocks has looked really terrible, and I'm a fan of animation.   I do enjoy The Family Guy sometimes, but I only watch it if there's nothing else interesting on.  Spongebob Squarepants and Futurama are my favorite cartoon shows. 

Regardless, if this is true, it doesn't seem right for a show that has had only two seasons to suddenly just end.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KaosAngel
@MrKlorox: I like how random minor characters are dying off in almost every episode now, and Grandad isn't.   

Also what's up with that moving to Cali for the subplot?  I figure that would be the final episode...but I keep reading around this is the last season.  
Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@AjayRaz: McGrudger wants to do other things. 

The initial leaked trailer for this season said in big bold letters "THIS SHIT IS DONE.", so one has to assume at this point that it's over unless some sort of miracle were to occur. 

I frequent the [adult swim] boards off and on, and this thing has been discussed to death. I'm pretty sure the consensus is at this point that it is definitely the final season and that the Boondocks will not be coming back until further notice.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Adult swim=bad

they keep getting crappy material with few gems, and now they are putting more and more live action shows...cartoon network=adult swim=/= live action.

Much as allways the folks at cartoon network are retards that screw them selves half way through the life of a set of shows, cartoon network used to be awesome then it got crappy, toonami was awesome then it went to shit and ended, adult swim was awesome...then it went to shit.
I stopped watching tv a long time ago, once I hear good stuff about a show I download it.  Its not worth it to deal with the other shit on the channel to watch one show.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By frankxiv

i didn't even know there was a second season, let alone a third. kinda hard to be disappointed when i thought it was over already. 

guess that's what i get for not watching AS anymore. whole operation got far too monkey-cheese-random for my tastes.

swampwalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By swampwalk

I did not like this show initially.  This is probably due to me only seeing it in short spurts and out of order.  Then I came across some of the "Tubesteak" videos on youtube and discovered his ties to the show.   After that, I had a new found appreciation for the content in Boondocks.
 I'll stop short of calling McGruder a genius, but creating the Gin Rummy character was pretty awesome.

"Good, now we all see the weapon!"

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#20  Edited By beargirl1
@LordXavierBritish: ugh. this is horrible for me. it's my favorite show that's currently on TV.  
any word on his next project? 
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By damnboyadvance
@WilliamRLBaker said:
" Adult swim=bad  they keep getting crappy material with few gems, and now they are putting more and more live action shows...cartoon network=adult swim=/= live action.  Much as allways the folks at cartoon network are retards that screw them selves half way through the life of a set of shows, cartoon network used to be awesome then it got crappy, toonami was awesome then it went to shit and ended, adult swim was awesome...then it went to shit. I stopped watching tv a long time ago, once I hear good stuff about a show I download it.  Its not worth it to deal with the other shit on the channel to watch one show. "
It's happening with a lot of networks. They're screwing the good shows for shows that they think their audience will watch. And sadly, the general audience is gullible enough to watch these shows. Most of them are trashy, in my opinion, and rely on bad humor.
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AjayRaz: Nothing I've heard of yet, though I'd assume it would be something to do with comics.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#23  Edited By damnboyadvance

I can't say that I've ever watched The Boondocks. I'll have to look into it.

dr_pineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dr_pineapple

That's sad, Boondocks was pretty funny

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By bacongames

Isn't this the MO for The Boondocks?  I don't remember a season 3 being announced until after season 2 was on DVD for fuck's sake.

Personally I'm not worried at all.  The show might return, it might not.  I've watched a few episodes of season 3 and it's more Boondocks, which is a great thing but I know it's not going anywhere.  Honestly this show has made its impact and what I feel is a very intelligent portrayal of black, American, and human culture.  It doesn't have it's own message.  It lets the characters make one for themselves and that contributes to a larger picture that I feel is an asset to how the show does what it does.  Let's face it a cartoon show is a full time job and I can see McGruder breaking out to do other things.  Boondocks is all he seems to have done (outside of that weird sketch show he did) for 10 years.  I think he's had enough. 

The show didn't get canceled that's for damn sure.  This sounds like an internal thing and less a network decision.  

Watching for many years now I've concluded that half of Adult Swim is shit, and half is great.  What shows comprise which half depends on the person and is why there is so much confused criticism about the program.  The more people realize this (go to the Comedy list and pick out of there what you like and don't.  I've always found a good half-and-half). 

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By toowalrus

I'm not a fan of the Boondocks... I don't NOT like it, I just never got into it, but I will tell you that what I've seen of it is still ten times better than Family Guy, and it's a shame that that show ever got brought back.

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Daroki
@damnboyadvance said:

"I can't say that I've ever watched The Boondocks. I'll have to look into it. "

Do yourself a favor and do that.  "The Story of Gangstalicious" was one of my favorite episodes of anything, ever.   

Sway: Hey, this is Sway, and this is my inexpicable headwrap.; WE interupt Gangstalicious's Resurrection for important news: Gangstalicious has been shot.
Huey & Riley: Again!?
Sway: Again.
ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ShadowKing7

Well crap, The Boondocks is one of the few shows on TV nowadays that I really like to watch.  If it really is ending completely, I'll be real sad to see it go.  I wonder what Aaron McGruder's gonna work on next since he ended the comic to work on the show.
W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

As much as I love the show, I loved the comic so much more. I miss Caesar. 

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By tunaburn

i thought the show was awful. the voices made me want to burn my eardrums out.  it ruins my adult swim enjoyment.

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone in this thread should start watching Frankenhole so Mike Lazzo doesn't get emotional butt hurts again and cancel another of Dino Stamatopoulos's gifts to the world.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KaosAngel
@tunaburn said:
" i thought the show was awful. the voices made me want to burn my eardrums out.  it ruins my adult swim enjoyment. "
....it had Sam Jackson...and Charlie "Mother Fucking" Murphy...are you drunk?
Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By Ace829
@W0lfbl1tzers said:
" As much as I love the show, I loved the comic so much more. I miss Caesar.  "
Yeah, I was hoping he made his debut this season. Guess it would probably not work well though. :(
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

Season 3 was a let down for me, I expected more.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KaosAngel
@DuhQbnSiLo said:
" Season 3 was a let down for me, I expected more. "
What?!   

1.  Kick-Ball Episode 
2.  Obama Episode 
3.  YOU CRIED FOR RUCKUS, O_O 
4.  The fights were insanely good. 
5.  FRIED CHICKEN  

etc...
tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By tunaburn
@KaosAngel said:
" @tunaburn said:
" i thought the show was awful. the voices made me want to burn my eardrums out.  it ruins my adult swim enjoyment. "
....it had Sam Jackson...and Charlie "Mother Fucking" Murphy...are you drunk? "
sam jackson was the only person i didnt hate.  charlie murphy?? why should i care about him? he ruined every skit on chapelle show and hasnt done anything worthy. hes on that awful  chris rock as a kid show too.
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
@KaosAngel said:
" @DuhQbnSiLo said:
" Season 3 was a let down for me, I expected more. "
What?!    1.  Kick-Ball Episode 2.  Obama Episode 3.  YOU CRIED FOR RUCKUS, O_O 4.  The fights were insanely good. 5.  FRIED CHICKEN   etc... "
Obama episode was WACK! again I expected way more from them but I guess the network really cracked down on them! Boondocks will never be the same!
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GreggD

I'll buy Season 3 when it's released on DVD. I own the first two, though I vastly prefer season 1. Season 2 was way too fast for my taste. the dialogue felt like it was sped up to an unfunny degree. I loved the methodical pacing of season 1, it's part of why I fell in love with the show.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TomA

I can't believe this, Family Guy is so terrible. I think Seth Macfarlane might be the biggest asshole ever.

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#40  Edited By Malakhii
@WilliamRLBaker said:
" Adult swim=bad  they keep getting crappy material with few gems, and now they are putting more and more live action shows...cartoon network=adult swim=/= live action.  Much as allways the folks at cartoon network are retards that screw them selves half way through the life of a set of shows, cartoon network used to be awesome then it got crappy, toonami was awesome then it went to shit and ended, adult swim was awesome...then it went to shit. I stopped watching tv a long time ago, once I hear good stuff about a show I download it.  Its not worth it to deal with the other shit on the channel to watch one show. "
Adult swim has always been this way for me, some shows absolutely click and I love them, most just don't and well, they suck.. I must agree, I've hated every live action show they've ever made (especially Tim and Eric), but last I heard the Cartoon Network, not adult swim, channel is looking to go back to being a CARTOON network. 

A little off topic, but them switching Metalocalypse to 21 minutes is one of the best moves they've ever made.  
captjim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By captjim

i can't say i ever really liked the boondocks but honestly i'll take any opportunity to say fuck family guy and fuck seth macfarlane. the only things on adult swim i ever really watch is tim and eric and the venture brothers though and i don't ever watch them regularly.

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ImpendingFoil

When Family guy first came out in 1999 I was a freshman in high school.  At the time I thought it was the greatest show ever and loved that it tried to be close to a real family much like The Simpsons were in early seasons albeit with some wacky and not possible in the real world situations.  Then the show got canceled.  When they brought it back they pretty much went full time with the dick and fart jokes.

The Boondocks would make you think about the situations being portrayed.  Yes it uses a lot of shocking language but in the end the show is about a message.  This is why I loved it. 

This is a pretty good comparison to what Family Guy is now compared to what it was.

No Caption Provided
dutch42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By dutch42

Its an awesome show and I'm gutted that it's looking like its going to end. Much funnier than family guy.
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By animateria

I liked The Boondocks a lot and it's a shame if it's over. But I guess it's better to end on a good note than a boring one.

Look at The Simpsons... The show when from being something special to being something absolutely dull and pointless. 

As for Family Guy, it's been "The Simpsons for Retards" from the start. Never was good, never will be. Heck, the show has an attention span of a mildly retarded sparrow.

Well, I'll be okay as long as Futurama doesn't suck. 

And so far I am pleased.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45  Edited By tebbit
@ImpendingFoil said:
"  When Family guy first came out in 1999 I was a freshman in high school.  At the time I thought it was the greatest show ever and loved that it tried to be close to a real family much like The Simpsons were in early seasons albeit with some wacky and not possible in the real world situations.  Then the show got canceled.  When they brought it back they pretty much went full time with the dick and fart jokes.

The Boondocks would make you think about the situations being portrayed.  Yes it uses a lot of shocking language but in the end the show is about a message.  This is why I loved it. 

This is a pretty good comparison to what Family Guy is now compared to what it was.

No Caption Provided
"
Why does nobody ever believe me when I tell them this!? 

Mainly, because they only started watching the show when it came back after cancellation. Idiots.
Avatar image for dragonbloodthirsty
DragonBloodthirsty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

I felt like it was hit and miss.  When it was hitting on real issues that I could follow, it was pretty good (I remember one involving how gangsta a rapper really was).

There were quite a few that pissed me off more than they entertained me; it took a while to figure out what the show was really about.

I never really got a strong vibe from it, but I'd stop to watch it if I noticed it was on.  I never went looking for it; something about it didn't stick with me.  It would be nice if I could put words to it better than I am.

I thought the comic was usually pretty good, but I don't read the paper much.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By fjordson

It's one of the best animated shows of this generation. I had no clue it was ending after this season. I haven't been watching it, but like the first two seasons I'll buy it day one on DVD.

Sad to hear. Also sad to hear for Adult Swim, losing yet another great show.

As for Family Guy, it's certainly declined, but I still enjoy it. Seems to get a lot of hate these days. I do dislike that they take the characters to such extremes now. They really try to shove stuff in your face, such as Stewie's homosexuality. In earlier episodes those sort of character traits were way more subtle and showed up rarely, which made it funny. He's not nearly as funny a character now. Same goes for Lois. She used to be a counterpoint to Peter's stupidity, but now she's often as dumb as Peter. Oh well.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#48  Edited By recroulette

Better it ends on a high note than ending because the quality has dropped.

cid798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By cid798

I've got no hard facts, but I did see a panel saying they were working on season 4 at Comic-Con.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By penguindust

I watched some and liked it but, like Venture Brothers, the inconsistency of new episodes just put me off.  I never became a hardcore fan like I have with other shows because of it.  Perhaps, I'll rent them all on DVD and check it out back-to-back like I prefer to do.  

I can't believe Adult Swim brought back that god-awful live-action Delocated show, but it's just another reason for my utter contempt for the programming block I used to love.