• 98 results
#1 Edited by Drekly (162 posts) -
#2 Edited by EuanDewar (5033 posts) -

thank fuuuuuck i have the week off college

#3 Edited by Morningstar (2192 posts) -

brace yourselves. And good luck.

#4 Posted by Korolev (1714 posts) -

Stay safe, and if you live in low-lying regions, know the nearest high-point and move before it is too late. Stock supplies, put them in a bag, get them ready to go.

I haven't lived in the UK for the past 23 years, but I know the weather can get pretty atrocious at times. Just make sure you know where to go in the event of an emergency.

#5 Posted by Animasta (14713 posts) -

the british storm sounds like a wrestler.

anyway good luck guys D:

#6 Edited by Nivash (241 posts) -

I heard it was going to be the worst since 1987. We've been getting some class 2 storm warnings in Gothenburg, Sweden when it hits us tomorrow as well, but nothing like what you guys are staring down. Guess you'll taking this one for the team, so thanks! :)

Stay safe you lot!

#7 Edited by believer258 (11999 posts) -

Wow. Good luck, hope you guys stay all right!

Make sure all of your things are fully-charged in case the power goes out. That kinda sounds like weird advice but it's one of those things I'd forget.

#8 Posted by Yesiamaduck (1129 posts) -

Living in Brighton we are one of the few town in the ribbon the weather men are secretly calling 'you're fucked' territory, where as most of the affected areas are expecting gusts of only 50, 60,70 or even 80mph we might see gusts of around 90.

I will see you in the ocean buddy

#9 Posted by Patman99 (1611 posts) -

Looks like it is passing by Scotland for the most part, so I kinda lucked out.

Good luck to everyone living in the south. Stay safe.

#10 Posted by Pie (7109 posts) -

It's good to be Northern I guess

#11 Posted by Optix12 (621 posts) -

I would hate to be on the coastal areas but being abit more inland in the south east Im expecting around 50/60 mph winds tonight/tomorrow.Also my house is on a slight hill with a few drainage zones around for water to flow down if it gets bad (maybe this huge pond they built near me will actually contain water rather than a ton of mosquitos).
For people on the coast stay safe and make sure you have your bug out bags at hand

#12 Edited by thatdutchguy (1273 posts) -

I love storm ! it'll be over Holland at 3 AM ! HOLD ON TIGHT

#13 Posted by jimmyfenix (3858 posts) -

Yeah its windy here in Scotland but that is always the norm here. Stay safe people!

#14 Posted by greengrunny (8 posts) -

It's going to be interesting having to go to work tomorrow morning here in Brighton. Thankfully, I'm a good mile-ish from the beach. Glad I moved from right on the seafront 2 months back XD

#15 Edited by 42manZ (105 posts) -

Welp, that's something to not look forward to. Thanks for the heads up.

#16 Posted by Willza92 (266 posts) -

I'm not gonna lie duder, your visual representation made me laugh out loud. Northamptonshire hopefully shouldn't be too bad.

#17 Posted by Drebin_893 (2924 posts) -

I'm in Brighton and I'm-a get fucked up!

#18 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

#19 Posted by Benny (1953 posts) -

In the future, please don't link to the daily mail, and yeah the storm is kinda bad already, I'm on the very edge of it according to that map and its not looking too good out there.

#20 Posted by Yesiamaduck (1129 posts) -

It's going to be interesting having to go to work tomorrow morning here in Brighton. Thankfully, I'm a good mile-ish from the beach. Glad I moved from right on the seafront 2 months back XD

I just moved to Kemp Town D:

#21 Posted by Mister_V (1375 posts) -

I'm in Kent so it's going to be pretty bad here. Luckily I have this week off work so I'm going to hide in the House.

Good luck duders

#22 Posted by KirkyX (125 posts) -

I just moved my car out from under a tree and a rather fragile wall. It's still being menaced by two rather fragile-looking trees, but there are two taller cars parked nearby that I think might take the impact...

#23 Posted by Akyho (1677 posts) -

People have been talking about "the great storm" here in Scotland. I said "Its probably going to be just England and maybe even JUST london." Turns out I was closer than I thought....so while the English and maybe welsh panic about it. Ill just remember the last hurricane Scotland had a few years ago....I don't know its official name was...cos everyone called it Hurricane Bawbag.

Which to fill you in on GTA 5 with the Bawsaq. GTA being Scottish made in origin and still headed by Scots, Baw in Scotland means Ball....so Ball Bag and Ball Sack....we are talking about Scrotum.

#24 Posted by Demoskinos (15019 posts) -

Stay safe UK duders!

#25 Edited by CaLe (4021 posts) -

Looks like I've dodged a bullet with this one, so I'm just lost in reverie, imagining what a British storm-chaser might look like. Ample ground for a comedy skit.

#26 Posted by Hunter5024 (5821 posts) -

Stay safe British buddies!

@animasta said:

the british storm sounds like a wrestler.

This was my first thought too.

#28 Edited by ZombiePie (5710 posts) -

What is Michael Fish predicting?

#29 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

@drekly: "I happen to live in Cornwall" Hey! I live in Redruth - I'm well aware it's a cess pit. At least it doesn't tend to flood though.

#30 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5807 posts) -

As someone who lives in the southeastern part of the United States (Where terrible weather is fairly common), I know first hand the severe damage storms like this can cause. I hope everyone affected stays safe.

#31 Posted by jamesyfx (69 posts) -

I'm not expecting the weather to be too harsh in Manchester, where I am. But you can never be too sure.

#32 Posted by WalkmanBoy (81 posts) -

Good luck to you Southerners. Glad I'm up North.

#33 Posted by ModernAlkemie (367 posts) -

So is this the time that the Scots will rise again?

#34 Posted by Panelhopper (192 posts) -

I've got enough food for the whole of Monday for me, my partner and the little one. That should be ok, I'm beginning to batten down the hatches as we speak.

#35 Posted by SefaRed (122 posts) -

I know a guy who's just driven to Cornwall for a week's holiday. Bad idea. It's getting pretty windy here in Derby too.

#36 Posted by Drekly (162 posts) -

@drekly: "I happen to live in Cornwall" Hey! I live in Redruth - I'm well aware it's a cess pit. At least it doesn't tend to flood though.

I live in Truro, so not too far from you. Redruth is okay, it used to be worse but at least they're making an effort in prettying up the fore street.

It's starting to rain pretty heavy here already, can't wait for a restless night!

#37 Posted by MikeFerrari7 (209 posts) -

Stay safe, all of you over there!

#38 Edited by WalkerTR77 (1380 posts) -

Scotland seems relatively safe. We're getting some light winds and some Phil Collins rain but should be business as usual up North.

#39 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Newcastle A-OK.

@pie When is it not?

#40 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Stay indoors. Stay save. Brake a leg.

#41 Posted by greengrunny (8 posts) -

@yesiamaduck: That's exact;y where I moved from.

Good luck dude. If all else fails, head to the Sidewinder. They have good ale there :D

#42 Posted by johnbakosh (115 posts) -

We have a stretch of land in the states called "Tornado Alley". I'm sure you will be alright.

#43 Posted by Yesiamaduck (1129 posts) -

@greengrunny: It's my local pretty much.... I will consider a nice pint of Brighton Blonde

Okay guys it's clearly beginning, I suggest holding each others hand and singing 'Hey Jude' to scare the storm off.

#44 Edited by greengrunny (8 posts) -

@yesiamaduck: Used to be my local. The bar staff there are good for a laugh too. It's good to be friends with them :D

#45 Posted by Yesiamaduck (1129 posts) -

@yesiamaduck: Used to be my local. The bar staff there are good for a laugh too. It's good to be friends with them :D

If we live threw this I'll go over their and buy the bar staff a bunch of flowers.

#46 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

@drekly: Ah, sick! Truro's like my second home, as it is for most down these parts. Yeah, 'Druth's better these days - I've been here for basically my whole life though and it draaags. Weather's getting rough now!

#47 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4420 posts) -
#48 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (1091 posts) -

Ha even the weather knows not to mess with Scotland

#49 Posted by Capum15 (4930 posts) -

Bahahahahaha, oh god that's great.

Good luck and have batman, British duders.

#50 Posted by FLStyle (4768 posts) -

Meh, live in the North West, looks like we won't get much here.