The British Storm - It's gone get bad.

• 117 results
Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well I'm in Portsmouth and the wind was pretty strong last night, but now it's just a little bit windy... Bit of a let down really. Some of our garden fence is missing though so that's something.

mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#102  Edited By mx

It seems like your storm has moved on to the Netherlands and it's quite windy out here, but nothing to bad. Its supposed to get worse during the afternoon. But as of right now it's kinda tame

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By SomeJerk
No Caption Provided

An infra-red view from around 30 minutes ago. It was a veritable falcon punch of a front that struck, then drifted into the mainland. Curious to see how the glans top will dissolve over time.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mx said:

It seems like your storm has moved on to the Netherlands and it's quite windy out here, but nothing to bad. Its supposed to get worse during the afternoon. But as of right now it's kinda tame

Same in Germany . In my place I got a red weather warning from 8 in the Morning to 8 in the evening. Looks quite dark outside and somewhat windy but nothing serious so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Cor fuckin ell!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

My fence fell over.

Nivash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing to speak of in Gothenburg yet. Some rain, but that's hardly out of the ordinary. Last I heard the front got postponed from 1500 to 2000 local time. Guess we'll see in a few hours. From the sound of it the Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute is still considering winds of 30-40 m/s a possibility but I seriously doubt that.

Oh, they also named it "Simone".

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By thomasnash

Didn't even knock over my wheelie bin.

Still, the news coverage frightened me into finally getting home insurance so I guess I should be thankful that I was nudged into being a responsible adult without the drag of having the small tree outside my house go through the window.

edit: My boss was supposed to be phoning me today but hasn't yet. I think he was in Southampton over the weekend. HAS HE BEEN WASHED OUT TO SEA!?

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

Storm seemed ok for me, living in London we don't really have that many trees to be knocked over. I think at one point this morning 10 of the 13 tube lines were closed, weirdly/luckily enough for me I only had to use 2 of the 3 open ones to make it work!

Anyway, hope all other UK duders made it out unscathed and without trees crushing cars/houses/dreams.

FunkyS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I live in Essex and the storm knocked out power for 5 hours and removed 3 panels from my garden fence! Hope all you fellow UK duders are doing ok.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

We all break bad sooner or later.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

The bastard's hitting Finland in the next couple of hours. Time to break out an ancient vinyl copy of Belarusian organ music that I found from my dads basement and pour me a glass of bourbon. I'm one of those crazy bastards who enjoys a good storm, but I will have to go clear out some trees and hopefully not too many broken boats and piers at our seaside cabin next weekend. Any repairs would have to be done in the next few weeks before the ice sets in.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

@canteu: Newcastle duders checking in :D

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was windy but only slightly more than usual. Kinda disappointed in the lack of danger.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mx said:

A huge tree got lifted, roots and all, and fell sideways in my neigbourhood. It was a hefty tree too. It was pretty bad to be on the streets.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I live near old street in London where there is an enormous beach ball tethered on top of a roundabout; it got blown off. Super hilarious.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All it did was rain a bit for us, which is what it always does.