lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

Edited By lightwarrior179

Merry Christmas to all pals and pal-ettes ( not the art ones  ),

The festive season is here and it's always the time to nicely lay back,relax and have fun with family and friends. A time everyone wants to come so they can take one well-deserving break from the grueling and grinding of daily lives. I can certainly say that I wanted to Christmas to come fast not only because I was sick and tired of all the studying (thank GOD! That wretched test is over!) and I wanted to spend more time gaming and doing some "creative" writing.

About the creative writing, I wrote some more character templates for my novel and shockingly...well I wrote a poem.  It's a shock because I am terrible at poems and I can't rhyme or make brief sentences to save a bread's life from being buttered.  So yes writing a poem is quite an achievement but well you see....the poem is a romantic one.  Not inspired by anyone of course ( ),but seeing how the world can do a lot more with the love I wrote it. I will post it when I feel it's ready.

A couple of weeks ago I had prepared myself a wishlist of what I would like to have for Christmas so that I can send the letter to Santa (A.K.A The Parents,Grandparents,Aunts and Uncles of the Known World). Now as the Christmas approached I was wondering whether any of my Christmas gifts would be from the wishlist or not. Now,I am not a Christian so Christmas isn't a huge festival for my family but we still enjoy it every-year by giving each other gifts,and baking and eating Christmas plum cakes. But seeing how big my Christmas wishlist was I am honestly surprised by how I got all of them.

My Christmas Purchases

Dear Science (TV On The Radio) [PURCHASED]

To be honest I have been willing to give new bands with different musical approaches a try this year. Especially those recommended by my friend,NeonNinjaI tried out Radiohead earlier this year upon his recommendation and they are one of my favorites now. So yeah, I have heard a lot of praise about TV On The Radio from him and I have wondered about this relatively-less known band. But when it topped nearly EVERY end of the year top album-lists I couldn't stop myself from buying it any more.

Popping in Dear Science for the first time,mildly impressed me. But after giving the whole album a good listen of two-to-three times I really began to like two or three of their songs. Especially Halfway Home,Golden Age,Crying and Family Tree.Definitely one of this year's better albums amongst Coldplay's Viva La Vida and The Verve's Forth.

Brisingr--Book Three of The Inheritance Cycle (Christopher Paolini)[PURCHASED]

I have been a huge fan of Paolini's Inheritance Cycle (earlier planned as a Trilogy) and I find it a better alternative compared to Lord of the Rings (no offense to the Tolkein fans but I prefer The Hobbit MORE). Eragon was a book which immediately one me over with it's raw charm and innocence as well as it's rich world full of unexplored mysteries. Eldest was a little too long but enough to make it a good read,IMO. I have heard similar things about Brisingr but I plan to read it and hopefully enjoy it. 

The Dark Knight DVD (Normal Edition) [PURCHASED]

Alright I don't have blu-ray and so I can't enjoy all those cool features in the Blu-Ray edition of Dark Knight. Laugh as much as you want,you PS3 and Blu-Ray owners!  But I am more than glad I found this one on the shelf (it was picked up by me before other hungry shoppers found it ) So yes it is definitely one of the best movies of the year and what else can you expect. I am going to watch this in the theatres again when it re-releases (if it does so here that is).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let's rewind back a little. During April when I made a blog creating two "split-personalities" of myself one called Fan and one Gamer and self-debated at which console I should get. Those who remember this get a 10G Achievement/A Trophy(rejoice all you,Achievement and Trophy whores!)

One of the main reasons why I wanted PS3 was because of FFXIII. And now of course I am thankful I DIDN'T get a PS3 since I would have been extremely angry if I had purchased it only to know it would also come to 360.

Anyways I didn't get a PS3 and instead got a 360.If anyone remembers why I took that surprising decision despite the fact that I never played a Halo or a Gears of War before to be it's fan. The answer was simple. I got 360 because of it's RPG's. Go on! Be shocked. Sure I wanted to play the Halo's and Gears as much too but one of the primary reasons I bought 360 was because of games like Lost Odyssey and Eternal Sonata (the latter did get ported to PS3 now) But most importantly I went for a 360 because of one game. That game was Mass Effect.

It might surprise some of you who know me as a JRPG fan. The truth is I am not that much of a JRPG fan as you might think. Of course I consider JRPG's as my favorite genre but over the years I spent PC-gaming and discovered the hidden gems relatively unknown to the ignorant console-crowd (more on that later) like the Baldur's Gate,Diablosand the KotOR and Neverwinter Nights of the world...WRPG's has steadily been rising upon my popularity ranks since then. I think I call myself a RPG fan (both JRPG's and WRPG's) than a JRPG or a WRPG fan alone. And before you ask I consider Square Enix and BioWare as my favorite developers in gaming right now.

Quote that and don't ask me that again.

And that said it is of a little disappointment to me ever since I bought a 360 that I haven't been able to find Mass Effect in ANY of the stores here (curse MS for shipping so less copies of it here). And while I know Mass Effect on PC is available I still wanted to go for the 360 version (NOT because of the achievements. I am NOT an achievement whore.  )

But to my extreme luck (thank you Santa) I found a copy of Mass Effect in the same store from where I purchase all my game CD's and I was LIKE "WTF!! Where had you kept this game for a year? Under your *** or what?" 

So yes...this is a reality NOW!!

Mass Effect (Xbox 360) [PURCHASED]

So yes arguably the most "next-gen" RPG of this generation is now with me. Being a frequent BioWare fan (in case of Baldur's Gate II,NWN and KotOR) and critic (in case of Jade Empire). Since I don't want to get into the details about what I've felt about this game (HINT: Every breath of this game is equivalent to a moment to cherish for a RPG fan) but see what I think about it in one of my following blogs. A thing I can say about putting 4 odd hours in Mass Effect is that it's ideas are so refreshingly brilliant and to a greater extent the gameplay,and the dialogue is like a dream-come-true for every RPG fan (and that includes the JRPG ones as well).

There was more to this Christmas Wishlist but unfortunately the final item couldn't be purchased because it just couldn't be found. The missing list from Christmas Wishlist is....

Chinese Democracy (Guns N Roses)

Okay. I know this isn't a REAL Guns N Roses album. For me Guns N Roses died the moment Slash,Izzy and McKagan went away from it. Sure I liked Axl Rose's music and his voice but I didn't think he had it in him to make another album. It took him a good deal of his life and a lot more money and sweat to make another one. I am not that big of a GNR fan since I think they are a highly glorified-and built upon publicity kind of band. I began hating Axl Rose more after his "feud" with Nirvana's Kurt Cobain (an icon as a musician,IMO). Still I like a lot of GNR's older work especially from Appetite for Destruction.

I have heard mixed opinions on this one but I guess it wouldn't hurt to get an album that features a paranoid rockstar. 

Until then,

Ho Ho Ho

C ya

Lightwarrior179

Avatar image for lightwarrior179
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lightwarrior179

Merry Christmas to all pals and pal-ettes ( not the art ones  ),

The festive season is here and it's always the time to nicely lay back,relax and have fun with family and friends. A time everyone wants to come so they can take one well-deserving break from the grueling and grinding of daily lives. I can certainly say that I wanted to Christmas to come fast not only because I was sick and tired of all the studying (thank GOD! That wretched test is over!) and I wanted to spend more time gaming and doing some "creative" writing.

About the creative writing, I wrote some more character templates for my novel and shockingly...well I wrote a poem.  It's a shock because I am terrible at poems and I can't rhyme or make brief sentences to save a bread's life from being buttered.  So yes writing a poem is quite an achievement but well you see....the poem is a romantic one.  Not inspired by anyone of course ( ),but seeing how the world can do a lot more with the love I wrote it. I will post it when I feel it's ready.

A couple of weeks ago I had prepared myself a wishlist of what I would like to have for Christmas so that I can send the letter to Santa (A.K.A The Parents,Grandparents,Aunts and Uncles of the Known World). Now as the Christmas approached I was wondering whether any of my Christmas gifts would be from the wishlist or not. Now,I am not a Christian so Christmas isn't a huge festival for my family but we still enjoy it every-year by giving each other gifts,and baking and eating Christmas plum cakes. But seeing how big my Christmas wishlist was I am honestly surprised by how I got all of them.

My Christmas Purchases

Dear Science (TV On The Radio) [PURCHASED]

To be honest I have been willing to give new bands with different musical approaches a try this year. Especially those recommended by my friend,NeonNinjaI tried out Radiohead earlier this year upon his recommendation and they are one of my favorites now. So yeah, I have heard a lot of praise about TV On The Radio from him and I have wondered about this relatively-less known band. But when it topped nearly EVERY end of the year top album-lists I couldn't stop myself from buying it any more.

Popping in Dear Science for the first time,mildly impressed me. But after giving the whole album a good listen of two-to-three times I really began to like two or three of their songs. Especially Halfway Home,Golden Age,Crying and Family Tree.Definitely one of this year's better albums amongst Coldplay's Viva La Vida and The Verve's Forth.

Brisingr--Book Three of The Inheritance Cycle (Christopher Paolini)[PURCHASED]

I have been a huge fan of Paolini's Inheritance Cycle (earlier planned as a Trilogy) and I find it a better alternative compared to Lord of the Rings (no offense to the Tolkein fans but I prefer The Hobbit MORE). Eragon was a book which immediately one me over with it's raw charm and innocence as well as it's rich world full of unexplored mysteries. Eldest was a little too long but enough to make it a good read,IMO. I have heard similar things about Brisingr but I plan to read it and hopefully enjoy it. 

The Dark Knight DVD (Normal Edition) [PURCHASED]

Alright I don't have blu-ray and so I can't enjoy all those cool features in the Blu-Ray edition of Dark Knight. Laugh as much as you want,you PS3 and Blu-Ray owners!  But I am more than glad I found this one on the shelf (it was picked up by me before other hungry shoppers found it ) So yes it is definitely one of the best movies of the year and what else can you expect. I am going to watch this in the theatres again when it re-releases (if it does so here that is).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let's rewind back a little. During April when I made a blog creating two "split-personalities" of myself one called Fan and one Gamer and self-debated at which console I should get. Those who remember this get a 10G Achievement/A Trophy(rejoice all you,Achievement and Trophy whores!)

One of the main reasons why I wanted PS3 was because of FFXIII. And now of course I am thankful I DIDN'T get a PS3 since I would have been extremely angry if I had purchased it only to know it would also come to 360.

Anyways I didn't get a PS3 and instead got a 360.If anyone remembers why I took that surprising decision despite the fact that I never played a Halo or a Gears of War before to be it's fan. The answer was simple. I got 360 because of it's RPG's. Go on! Be shocked. Sure I wanted to play the Halo's and Gears as much too but one of the primary reasons I bought 360 was because of games like Lost Odyssey and Eternal Sonata (the latter did get ported to PS3 now) But most importantly I went for a 360 because of one game. That game was Mass Effect.

It might surprise some of you who know me as a JRPG fan. The truth is I am not that much of a JRPG fan as you might think. Of course I consider JRPG's as my favorite genre but over the years I spent PC-gaming and discovered the hidden gems relatively unknown to the ignorant console-crowd (more on that later) like the Baldur's Gate,Diablosand the KotOR and Neverwinter Nights of the world...WRPG's has steadily been rising upon my popularity ranks since then. I think I call myself a RPG fan (both JRPG's and WRPG's) than a JRPG or a WRPG fan alone. And before you ask I consider Square Enix and BioWare as my favorite developers in gaming right now.

Quote that and don't ask me that again.

And that said it is of a little disappointment to me ever since I bought a 360 that I haven't been able to find Mass Effect in ANY of the stores here (curse MS for shipping so less copies of it here). And while I know Mass Effect on PC is available I still wanted to go for the 360 version (NOT because of the achievements. I am NOT an achievement whore.  )

But to my extreme luck (thank you Santa) I found a copy of Mass Effect in the same store from where I purchase all my game CD's and I was LIKE "WTF!! Where had you kept this game for a year? Under your *** or what?" 

So yes...this is a reality NOW!!

Mass Effect (Xbox 360) [PURCHASED]

So yes arguably the most "next-gen" RPG of this generation is now with me. Being a frequent BioWare fan (in case of Baldur's Gate II,NWN and KotOR) and critic (in case of Jade Empire). Since I don't want to get into the details about what I've felt about this game (HINT: Every breath of this game is equivalent to a moment to cherish for a RPG fan) but see what I think about it in one of my following blogs. A thing I can say about putting 4 odd hours in Mass Effect is that it's ideas are so refreshingly brilliant and to a greater extent the gameplay,and the dialogue is like a dream-come-true for every RPG fan (and that includes the JRPG ones as well).

There was more to this Christmas Wishlist but unfortunately the final item couldn't be purchased because it just couldn't be found. The missing list from Christmas Wishlist is....

Chinese Democracy (Guns N Roses)

Okay. I know this isn't a REAL Guns N Roses album. For me Guns N Roses died the moment Slash,Izzy and McKagan went away from it. Sure I liked Axl Rose's music and his voice but I didn't think he had it in him to make another album. It took him a good deal of his life and a lot more money and sweat to make another one. I am not that big of a GNR fan since I think they are a highly glorified-and built upon publicity kind of band. I began hating Axl Rose more after his "feud" with Nirvana's Kurt Cobain (an icon as a musician,IMO). Still I like a lot of GNR's older work especially from Appetite for Destruction.

I have heard mixed opinions on this one but I guess it wouldn't hurt to get an album that features a paranoid rockstar. 

Until then,

Ho Ho Ho

C ya

Lightwarrior179

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

There are too many "smileys" in there...can't compute.

GameFreak315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By GameFreak315

^Hey, nothing wrong with smileys!

Yeah, I don't have Blu-Ray either, but it doesn't take away from the experience at all.  The Dark Knight is a fantastic film.  ^_^

And I played Mass Effect over the summer.  Loved it!

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By daniel_beck_90
Kush said:
"There are too many "smileys" in there...can't compute."
  I wish Giant Bomb had the smile- emo feature as well  !!!
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lightwarrior179

GameFreak-- Dark Knight is a movie worth watching in any format. 

And Mass Effect is a fantastic game yes.

Kush and daniel_beck-- I usually cut,copy,paste many of my blogs from my GS account to here. Yeah I am a lazy bum but it saves time.
Avatar image for deactivated-579a5a254c9a3
deactivated-579a5a254c9a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

are there seriously any words to describe the awesomeness of The Dark Knight? i got it for Christmas and although i haven't watched it yet, i'm prepared to watch it at least 3 times in a row tomorrow

lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lightwarrior179

psychomode--there is a way to describe the awesomeness of Dark Knight--by calling it awesome.:P

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By LightYagami245

Will you import Fallout 3? Also, Merry Christmas and have  a Happy New Year man!

lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lightwarrior179

I eventually will. That's the only way I'll be able to play it.

Next year is filled with lots of good RPG's.
There is Dragon Age: Origins and then there is the console version of the fantastic but buggy The Witcher.