#1 Edited by BigJeffrey (5173 posts) -

Very Very dumb premise but man i love the over the top dumb I'd watch it. It's in kickstarter but its already funded 1 day in. Not trying to pimp their shit, the trailer must been seen by all its so dumb.

#2 Posted by Sammo21 (3525 posts) -

Yeah, that was pretty dumb. I can't see the point in a full length film as many premises like this do better in short 5-10 minute doses. A perfect example was when Aqua Teen Hunger Force decided to make a full movie. Glad they found enough people to give them money .

#3 Posted by Cubical (637 posts) -

I am thinking about taking up that offer for 3d artist to work on this movie....

#4 Posted by Redbullet685 (6083 posts) -

That was dumb. So dumb.

And I couldn't help but love every god damn second of it

#5 Edited by BigJeffrey (5173 posts) -

So the movie has hit 300,000 bucks and they are going to release the first 30 minutes free online.

#6 Posted by Pezen (1668 posts) -

That trailer is telling me three things;

1. What the fuck is up with this whole satire 80s VHS revival that's going over all sorts of media and entertainment this year?
  2. I am looking at too many bodybuilding articles when I recognize who's playing Thor just by the beard and physique.
  3. It looks like a big string of bad internet jokes in one movie.

The fact that they're Swedish is fun, as the Swedish film institue tend to fund pretty shitty projects in general. And as someone that knows people in the know, getting a project that's out of the ordinary romcom or crime drama category off the ground is near impossible by the sound of it. Glad they're finding other avenues for funding. All that said, it looks pretty great.

#7 Posted by cutyoface (553 posts) -

It looks decent enough for a viewing. It does look very dumb but in a good way.

#8 Posted by DrZing (122 posts) -

Totally ridiculous and awesome, so it's a cross between Back to the Future, Sleeping Dogs, and Far Cry Blood Dragon? Sold!

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (1172 posts) -

that is the best thing ever

#10 Posted by Flappy (2352 posts) -

Nothing is more fun/dumb than Kung Fu Hustle.

#11 Edited by RandyF (161 posts) -

That was funny, but I feel like the trailer should be a sufficient enough joke. I think if you stretch it out to 90+ minutes, it might lose its appeal.

#12 Posted by Scampbell (499 posts) -

#13 Posted by Humanity (10059 posts) -

Seems legit.

#14 Edited by awesomeusername (4216 posts) -

Fucking. Awesome. Holy keyboard, if you read my description for FC3: Blood Dragon & Hotline Miami on my GOTY list, you'll see that I said I love 80's stuff and this. This is just YES.

#15 Edited by GunstarRed (5448 posts) -

I clicked on it expecting it to be the usual dumb bullshit and found it to be genuinely funny. Dunno if it would stretch to a whole movie though.